CMC Markets - Next Generation Platform

Hi everyone,

New to the forum

Did CMC Markets email you that they will be charging for data feeds soon ?
Starting 1st Dec 2012

Where does it say they will be charging for data?
53300-brasil2000-albums-tert-picture2892-cmc.jpg

Where does it say they will be charging for data?
53300-brasil2000-albums-tert-picture2892-cmc.jpg

It is very confusing. It say's there is no charge for making a subscription but under the FAQ "How do I unsubscribe from a price data feed?" it states "Please note that the Price data fee for the full calendar month will be charged, irrespective of whether you activate or deactivate the Price data subscription part way through the calendar month."

So if they are not to charge immediately it suggests they are preparing to do so perhaps in the future. Why would they make this change otherwise ? - very strange thing to do with no explanation of why!!

Think CMC are doing really badly at the moment... losing a stack of cash here and there, few other reasons too.... markets are being bad for this type of broker....

Hi,

Thank you for the info.
It is what i been suspecting, they only place a charge on Asia

attached image for reference

Attachments

• CMCmarket live data.PNG
    CMCmarket live data.PNG
    30.6 KB · Views: 377
From my reading of the FAQs subscriptions for company CFDs are charged regardless of where the company is based, not just Asia. It does look like the 'Bet' accounts won't be charged, so in other words if you trade company CFDs you will be charged a fee but if you spread bet then you won't, at least not yet.

You can compare the spread bet FAQ to the CFD one and see the difference.

If you have a company position open and close it before the 1st December then you won't be charged but if you keep it open you will automatically be charged.

What really annoys me is that you are charged the subscription fee just for having a position open, in IG you could not pay the subscription and keep positions open, yes you did not have streaming prices but if you didn't care about that your position was cheaper.

I actually use CMCMarket purely due to it's configurable leverage, I have positions open that are more like buy and hold investments and therefore I'm focused on keeping costs down.

I just wish IG would allow the same sort of configurable leverage it is an awesome feature for people who are risk averse/cheap.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply
May i ask you

what is the difference between
Company bets & Company CFDs ?

A term often mention is Spread Betting
Does it work the same as CFDs ?

We do not have any Spread Betting from CMC Markets in Asia

Thank you for your time

Hi,

Thanks for the reply
May i ask you

what is the difference between
Company bets & Company CFDs ?

A term often mention is Spread Betting
Does it work the same as CFDs ?

We do not have any Spread Betting from CMC Markets in Asia

Thank you for your time

Spreadbetting is similar in principle to CFD trading. Instead of buying/selling a chosen number of shares/contracts as you would with a CFD, a "bet" is placed at a chosen £'s/point - be it a buy or sell bet. A spreadbet is not placed in the actual market - although most spreadbet companies suggest the position is hedged in the market.

Spreadbetting is popular in the UK due to the tax advantage of no capital gains tax due on any profits - unlike with CFDs.

Hey all

It's been a long time since I've been on T2W :(

I've been using CMC's mobile platform for a while now and have been through the mess of them slipping orders and increasing spreads, and me losing shedloads of money and then getting most of it back.

Generally I am happy with the CMC mobile platform but I have had a sheltered life in spreadbetting - I've only used CMC, having used Barclays for CFDs in a past life (when it was based on the City Index platform).

I'm concerned about holding a large amount of funds with CMC, in particular when I see them increasing spreads and starting to charge for certain services. I would like to open up an account with another SB firm - one that has a good mobile platform.

Sorry if this question has been asked before - I did try the search but couldn't find anything conclusive : Is there a better SB iPhone / mobile app than CMC?

Sorry if this question has been asked before - I did try the search but couldn't find anything conclusive : Is there a better SB iPhone / mobile app than CMC?

IG or I'd go with ETX, the mobile apps are pretty good. IG always slips though so I'd recommend the latter

Anyone using CMC currently who has no problems with them? A review would be welcome.

Don't want to go into a lengthy review, but if you like a platform with all the bells and whistles, this is probably the one. Can even get Morningstar quant analysis on companies. Sentiment data is okay I suppose, don't really use it much because there's no knowledge of time frame that the sentiment is based on.

In terms of execution, it's exceptionally good, you can control requotes with boundaries or turn off requotes. It's not direct market, but there's no intervention, you're dealt in by the computer, every single trade.