CMC Markets - Next Generation Platform

Be very careful trying to scalp with large amounts on CMC. The "official" line is that scalpers are welcome, but if you start to win consistently they've got too many weapons in their arsenal. I've known a few people over the years to build up a pot this way..but in the end just about everyone gave it back and more. They didn't change their scalping method...there were just obstacles placed in their path.."you traded at incorrect price, the price is what we say it is", dealer referral, delayed quotes when trying to close...it can become very stressful. A couple of pounds a point and you may well fly under the radar but for big bucks scalping maybe IB or another proper broker might be safer.

Just my thoughts, but by all means keep doing it if you're consistently making money....just remember to quit them at the first sign of trouble.

Scalping with a bucket shop like CMC? Not a good idea.

I couldn't handle the next generation platform and it's constant disconnections ... trading is stressful enough without that on top !
Took nearly THREE weeks to get my money back from them...one excuse after another for not paying. Funny how it takes seconds to fund your account, eh? Would not like to be trying to withdraw money from them in a hurry if they did a Worldspreads

Geez have they not fixed the disconection issue yet we raised it to Peter over a year ago!

is it possible to alter your stake and lock in profits when scalping with CMC ? the only platform i have seen this is city index, or am i doing something wrong, i trade with tradefair and intertrader.

If you open a long trade at £30pp and want to take some money off the table, I would then simply sell the amount you want to bank, but remember to adjust your original stoploss and/or take profit if you placed them when you entered the trade, as these would now be out of balance with your now active trade amount.

If you open a long trade at £30pp and want to take some money off the table, I would then simply sell the amount you want to bank, but remember to adjust your original stoploss and/or take profit if you placed them when you entered the trade, as these would now be out of balance with your now active trade amount.

Thanks for the reply fibbin, therefore, is it not possible to increase your stake once a long position is held, as the buy tab is not active on the ticket on the two for-mentioned platforms im using.

CMC NextGen platform is broken now! Half an hour after US stock market open today, it's broken. Both trading platorm and their UK web site is down! I still have a Dow30 long position, hope they can bring it up quickly, or the Dow has to go up!

The Nextgen trading platform is up. My position is still wining but 40 points below high now.

Hi wzero, I noticed the down time with the demo account. How often does such a thing happen on their live platform? I heard from someone else that this sort of down time has irritated him immensely.

Hi wzero, I noticed the down time with the demo account. How often does such a thing happen on their live platform? I heard from someone else that this sort of down time has irritated him immensely.

The last time their server has problem (can't place/close a trade) was 3 months ago.

Full credit to them for the apology though,unusual to see that with the sb's.

I was hoping to use CMC's old MarketMaker platform by opening an account with Natwest, but just learned they are no longer opening accounts. Weird. Does anyone know any spreadbetting firms that still use the old MarketMaker platform? Thanks

I was hoping to use CMC's old MarketMaker platform by opening an account with Natwest, but just learned they are no longer opening accounts. Weird. Does anyone know any spreadbetting firms that still use the old MarketMaker platform? Thanks

Have you tried IG'S advanced charts platform loads better than Market Maker imo (although they do charge for it if you don't do 2 trades a month soon to be 4)

its no good for latency tradeing any more if thats what your after

Tim3 - Thanks - I had tried IG a few years ago, I'll give it another look, thanks.

Emini-Mouse - I had used the old MarketMaker with CMC but was switched to new platform, didn't like, then had to stop trading for other reasons. I'm looking to get back in and a buddy trades with the old MarketMaker platform at Natwest. I hoped to do the same but learned they just decided to stop the biz. Ah well.