CMC charts losing data

Fish

When I close the CMC platform during the day, and later turn it back on, I find that lots of data points have been lost, leading to short term charts that have gaps, and longer term charts that have misleading support/resistance levels. I am trying to figure out if this is a function of my machine, or if it is a fault at the CMC end. It frequently happens over the weekend as well. In other words, a clean chart on Friday, has lots of missing data when I return to it on Monday. Does this happen to any other users, and are there any alterations I can make to reduce the problem? I have attached some charts from this afternoon to illustrate the problem.

Attachments

• 060227 missing data.png
    060227 missing data.png
    42.5 KB · Views: 354
Fish said:
When I close the CMC platform during the day, and later turn it back on, I find that lots of data points have been lost, leading to short term charts that have gaps, and longer term charts that have misleading support/resistance levels. I am trying to figure out if this is a function of my machine, or if it is a fault at the CMC end. It frequently happens over the weekend as well. In other words, a clean chart on Friday, has lots of missing data when I return to it on Monday. Does this happen to any other users, and are there any alterations I can make to reduce the problem? I have attached some charts from this afternoon to illustrate the problem.

This happens all the time and I spoke to their (useless) help desk about it. I now use MT4 charts. It is a bit of a pain though.

Fish said:

This happens to me too. However, I also use another charting package so it doesn't bother me too much. :)

I have had problems with this company too and have spent lots of time on the phone but they are not interested in sorting out these problems. All i get is promises promises and no solution.
When i tried to use their platform it repeatedly froze my XP program so I dont use them any more.

Thanks, for the replies everybody. They seem to confirm the problem is with data leaving the CMC end, rather than being generated on my machine. As a workaround, I have also been using the MT4 charts. As they are so easy to manipulate, I tend to use them now for showing both the longer term picture, and for showing the activity across other pairs.