CMC Markets Charts : No Volume ?

A lot of people have gone to the retailer brokers and have lost more money there than with the spreadbet firms. I think that spreadbetting is the only sensible way for a person of limited means to start. It is no good pretending to be what one is not. I've said this before and I don't mind saying it again. When I lose money on a trade it is because I was wrong about what I thought the market would do. I can look at it and find the reason that I lost. I get annoyed with fills, at times, the same as everyone else. In fact, my stops are what I put on in case of an emergency computer/site crash and I prefer to use manual ones, whenever possible. Brokers like IB have much quicker and sophisticated platforms than the SB's do. However, my advice is to use a broker when you, really, are making consistent money with SB firms because, until then, you do not, yet, have the expertise to grow your account.

I'll say, quite definitely, and I don't care whether I'm believed or not, either, that I make good money when I enter trades going in the right direction. When they are wrong I lose.

Whose fault is that?

Split

Very good post. All that matters is that the market moves in the right direction.

There is no doubt that the best way to follow, learn and participate in the financial markets for people new to trading (and people who do it as a hobby) is spreadbetting IMO.

Only when you become successful and knowledgeable should you up the stakes and adjust your methods of trading and the ''tool kit'' you require to conduct your business.

There is nothing wrong with spreadbetting but I understand why more experienced speculators who trade alot of money demand more advanced systems and market access.

Like I said before, for Mr Average Part-Time Trader spreadbetting is the most cost efficient (in terms of stake size, commission and tax) way to speculate on the financial markets.

JK