Climate Change

Religion or not, Experts have always had a following regardless of the eventual outcome of their "expertise". You only have to look at the history of medicine and medical procedures to see all the wrong ideas of experts. Remember the cases in Scotland where parents were deprived of their children due to the "medical experts"?

Private retail traders? – I would suggest that successful ones possess a healthy streak of scepticism and look very carefully at anything said by experts. It's a myth that climate change is too much akin to rocket science for us ordinary mortals to understand – anyone with half a brain cell and a bit of determination can get themselves wised-up. I am very much against the argument that we are unable to understand what it's all about – had far too much of that with Brexit.

All technical opinions should be critically examined and tested. But only by suitably qualified experts in the specific field. Not by unqualified numpties like us. Just recognise, that if we numpties get a say in whether science is right or wrong, we can't exclude anyone else from getting a say in whether science is right or wrong. Whether they can even read or not, according to your own argument's internal logic, they have as much right to a say as you do.

I've not paid any attention to what reason the BBC are ascribing for the wildfires in Oz, my guess is they are blaming global warming, if so, then here is an interesting scientific article that provides a natural reason.

Now if only we hadn't built homes in those pesky wildfire risk areas in the first place.............or floodplanes, or low lying coastal areas, or near volcanoes.......etc

Or in Australia........
:)

Saw this report yesterday. Combination of Natural cycles which are particularly unfavourable to Australia. At the end of the report she can't help but put the climate change spin on things

Unless climate change is mentioned in a news report, nobody under 20 will get it tweeted to them.

Remember that the job of news reporters is to attract, not to inform.

Taxation is down to politicians and governance, not scientists and science.

That's why Jeremy and his band of merry Marxists were shown the door. No rational taxpayer is up for their money being squandered or redistributed
All technical opinions should be critically examined and tested. But only by suitably qualified experts in the specific field. Not by unqualified numpties like us. Just recognise, that if we numpties get a say in whether science is right or wrong, we can't exclude anyone else from getting a say in whether science is right or wrong. Whether they can even read or not, according to your own argument's internal logic, they have as much right to a say as you do.

Oh but we are qualified Tom. We have a lot of experience under our belts and know lots of stuff about lots of stuff. The Brexit thread highlighted it very well, with numerous projections and forecasts of how things should and did play out. (ongoing)

Here's another example from 30 yrs ago when I was donating bone marrow. The consultant explained the procedure involving anesthetic and a very large needle to collect the cells. He then said that a blood transfusion (top up) may be required to speed up my recovery. To which I replied, under no circumstances will I be having a transfusion/ top up/ unnecessary step, when all that may be required was a little more recovery time. He was rather put out by my comment and rather dismissive, in a "I know better than you kind of way", he was the expert haematologist after all.

The point is, I had read that blood products were screened in the NHS for some things but not others, and I wasn't about to take a chance on the things they were not screening for. It has since transpired that imported contaminated blood products were used extensively throughout the 70's 80's, resulting in many deaths and even more incurable life changing illnesses.

So Tom, nobody will ever convince me to change my attitude or method of examining and questioning everything. In particular, anything and everything where so called experts are involved.

That's why Jeremy and his band of merry Marxists were shown the door. No rational taxpayer is up for their money being squandered or redistributed

Oh but we are qualified Tom. We have a lot of experience under our belts and know lots of stuff about lots of stuff. The Brexit thread highlighted it very well, with numerous projections and forecasts of how things should and did play out. (ongoing)

Here's another example from 30 yrs ago when I was donating bone marrow. The consultant explained the procedure involving anesthetic and a very large needle to collect the cells. He then said that a blood transfusion (top up) may be required to speed up my recovery. To which I replied, under no circumstances will I be having a transfusion/ top up/ unnecessary step, when all that may be required was a little more recovery time. He was rather put out by my comment and rather dismissive, in a "I know better than you kind of way", he was the expert haematologist after all.

The point is, I had read that blood products were screened in the NHS for some things but not others, and I wasn't about to take a chance on the things they were not screening for. It has since transpired that imported contaminated blood products were used extensively throughout the 70's 80's, resulting in many deaths and even more incurable life changing illnesses.

So Tom, nobody will ever convince me to change my attitude or method of examining and questioning everything. In particular, anything and everything where so called experts are involved.

Traders are not competent to decide if climate change is real and predominantly man-made on the basis that they have a sceptical mind-set, analytical skills and years of life experience. Because everybody in the world would claim just as much for themselves and there would be no way to exclude their input.

I'm happy for my post-man (hard-faced tw@t that he is), and Dave the jolly plumber who came last week, and Martin my unemployed builder next-door neighbour, and the divorced lady over the road with the Citroen and the lady who runs the hairdressers's just past the corner or even for Brenda from Bristol to have a vote in an election or a referendum (perish the thought) to decide what our politicians should do about climate change. But not a single one of them, me included, is competent to decide if scientific research into climatology has been well carried out and what it means for global temperatures.

Let's face it, if your house developed a crack in the gable, would it not be a surveyor you called? If you wake up with a blinding pain in a tooth, would it not be a dentist you visited? And if you're unexpectedly served with a summons, would it not be a lawyer you consulted? Naturally, they will each recommend a remedy or two and whether each remedy is worth the cost and risk to you is a personal decision and your judgement on that is your prerogative and your decision alone. They're all experts and good luck with these issues if you don't listen to what they say, because I do suspect you're not qualified in those fields either.

Saw this report yesterday. Combination of Natural cycles which are particularly unfavourable to Australia. At the end of the report she can't help but put the climate change spin on things

Oz PM and Greta Expertberg fight it out.

Traders are not competent to decide if climate change is real and predominantly man-made on the basis that they have a sceptical mind-set, analytical skills and years of life experience. Because everybody in the world would claim just as much for themselves and there would be no way to exclude their input.

I'm happy for my post-man (hard-faced tw@t that he is), and Dave the jolly plumber who came last week, and Martin my unemployed builder next-door neighbour, and the divorced lady over the road with the Citroen and the lady who runs the hairdressers's just past the corner or even for Brenda from Bristol to have a vote in an election or a referendum (perish the thought) to decide what our politicians should do about climate change. But not a single one of them, me included, is competent to decide if scientific research into climatology has been well carried out and what it means for global temperatures.

Let's face it, if your house developed a crack in the gable, would it not be a surveyor you called? If you wake up with a blinding pain in a tooth, would it not be a dentist you visited? And if you're unexpectedly served with a summons, would it not be a lawyer you consulted? Naturally, they will each recommend a remedy or two and whether each remedy is worth the cost and risk to you is a personal decision and your judgement on that is your prerogative and your decision alone. They're all experts and good luck with these issues if you don't listen to what they say, because I do suspect you're not qualified in those fields either.

Do you support Greta Thunderberger?

I don't need to be qualified in all these fields, just need a functioning brain and highly tuned BS detector before making any decisions.

I don't need to be qualified in all these fields, just need a functioning brain and highly tuned BS detector before making any decisions.

How can you make decisions without information? Information which only an expert can gather and collate?

Take Trading for example:

You are not qualified
Your bs detector keeps you out of falling prey to YOUTUBE and other scammers
But you still can't trade and so lose consistently.

For decades the loony left charities have told us that 'the poor Africans, they need our aid, they are so poor, send money now', I take it the XR lunatics are happy for the poorest Africans to have their hope's and dreams of even the most basic levels of electricity supply denied just as they were about to receive it, I'm afraid everything in the green lobby just points to either them losing their way or high level corruption?!

Or in Australia........
:)

Or maybe the climate alarmists should have allowed planned controlled burns to proceed rather then protesting against them ironically producing a far worst result (that they can claim is as a result of global warming)!

Interesting watching the Kingsman I film again. Where Mr Richmond Valentine (Samuel L. Jackson) tries to deal with climate change by culling the human population to redress the balance.

I was thinking war or climate change to cull the human population; which is more preferable or less desirable? Take your pick?

Some kind of viral pandemic disease also has potential.

Definitely looks like the festive season is over. :eek:

Happy New Year everyone :love:

Noble Nobel Prize winning scientist retracts paper. ( I took the liberty of re-writing the headline) (y)

If only the so called climate scientists took a leaf out of her book and stopped publishing half arsed research thinly disguised as truth.

Noble Nobel Prize winning scientist retracts paper. ( I took the liberty of re-writing the headline) (y)

If only the so called climate scientists took a leaf out of her book and stopped publishing half arsed research thinly disguised as truth.

Looks like the BBC is blocking their website when using a VPN, anyone else experiencing this? Had to use Tor browser (still through the VPN) to get around it. Strange that they should start blocking the website via VPN, if that is what they are doing.