city index trading academy

I see Shazad has traded once this week.

some of them are not even bothering to turn up, what a joke. CI are in danger of crapping on their own doorstep, they cannot even run a competition properly.

Although who ever thought it would turn out any other way? The surprising thing is that someone at City Index thought it would.

Well at least Mr Chen made it very clear how to make money from stocks. See attached.

Good luck with that, honestly, good bloody luck. Hopefully you can find something that's been trending for the past 30 years and will continue to do so for another 30 and you might do ok. Come on, this was out of date before his time... quite irritating. How can you make money in 4 days from this?

(n)

Attachments

• what.jpg
    what.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 287
Its time for City Index to enable some major positive slippage/price improvement on the demo accounts they are using to trade.

Either that or just don't publish any results until someone makes money.
It's a bit late in the day now for City Index to introduce this, but a variation on Peebee's idea is to have a 'reset' button. ETX Capital were criticized for having this as part of their 'Beat the Broker' comp' back in 2008. However, it enabled many of us to turn a starting balance of £20k into £100k plus inside a day. Of course, those of us that achieved this (and a fair few did - if I remember rightly) blew up several times trying, but the blow ups weren't recorded on the leader board. If only real trading were like that, lol!
:cheesy:
Tim.

The reason they have given for not showing the results is that they dont want each trader knowing how the others are doing. So why did they need to delete the past 3 weeks of results then? Nothing to do with all their traders losing money I suppose.

Nothing to do with all their traders losing money I suppose.

Sure is ironic :p

I've quite enjoyed the series so far, but for City Index sake they do need the traders to improve this week!

Ashraf is saying on twitter that some of them are putting on £100pp bets. They've obviously been taught the benefits of good money management.

what techniques were they taught in the first place?

How about we have a thread with 10 of our own traders and have similar sort of rules etc.The t2win trading academy. youve only got to look at the t2win comp everyv month and there are always a few that manage to finish ahead,albeit by averaging,etc

Its hard to pick 10 out of 10 losing traders in a one month trading competition.theyve really excelled when you think theyve trained them as well.Someone is in for an enjoyable meeting with the directors:)

what techniques were they taught in the first place?

How about we have a thread with 10 of our own traders and have similar sort of rules etc.The t2win trading academy. youve only got to look at the t2win comp everyv month and there are always a few that manage to finish ahead,albeit by averaging,etc

Its hard to pick 10 out of 10 losing traders in a one month trading competition.theyve really excelled when you think theyve trained them as well.Someone is in for an enjoyable meeting with the directors:)

I saw a tweet earlier from McMeekant saying he was having a terrible day, it seems he has deleted it.

Blog is being censored, oh dear.

Why oh dear? The media company (or whoever is in charge of this thing) would surely never let them write whatever they wanted in the blogs without having their own people read over it first.

Why oh dear? The media company (or whoever is in charge of this thing) would surely never let them write whatever they wanted in the blogs without having their own people read over it first.

Yeah you wouldn't want them mentioning how much they've lost.

To be fair the whole thing is much more realistic than that dreadful thing the bbc did a few years back.

Not bad for an advert ;)