city index trading academy

Yeah you wouldn't want them mentioning how much they've lost.

They all lost money last week so I don't know what they could be covering up?

Watching the 4th episode, it seems they've got rid of the live p+L because Shazad didnt bother trading on the basis that the others were already some way behind.

They all lost money last week so I don't know what they could be covering up?

Watching the 4th episode, it seems they've got rid of the live p+L because Shazad didnt bother trading on the basis that the others were already some way behind.

Yes they all lost money but you wouldn't know it by looking at the website now as the results have been deleted.

when/where did they advertise to recruit the 'trainees' who were to take part in this experiment?
I'd like to put my hat in the ring for the next time , should they run a similar competition.

Yes they all lost money but you wouldn't know it by looking at the website now as the results have been deleted.

They've stopped showing the PnL because they're all losing money - what kind of advert is that for the industry??What a bunch of muppets!!

I've already suggested that they set up another competition open to the public with a nice monthly cash prize for the winner - think they'll get far more publicity that way and end up with more people using their platform.

I've already suggested that they set up another competition open to the public with a nice monthly cash prize for the winner - think they'll get far more publicity that way and end up with more people using their platform.

Yes that would be a good idea, similar to the Worldspreads £100,000 competition, which I quite enjoyed.

Yes that would be a good idea, similar to the Worldspreads £100,000 competition, which I quite enjoyed.

.. or better still - run a public spread betting comp with a respectable monthly prize for the ten/fifteen/twenty or so end of month 'winners'. Surely, it doesn't make much marketing sense to have *only* one winner, when far better publicity can be generated by harvesting multiple winners (while quietly ignoring the fact that there were, as usual, plenty more losers, of course). In other words, plenty of winners is what's really needed to make an attractive promotional exercise which just also happens to be a spread bet competition.

I think their intention was probably to flog training at some stage. They all seem to be jumping on that bandwagon now.

.. or better still - run a public spread betting comp with a respectable monthly prize for the ten/fifteen/twenty or so end of month 'winners'. Surely, it doesn't make much marketing sense to have *only* one winner, when far better publicity can be generated by harvesting multiple winners (while quietly ignoring the fact that there were, as usual, plenty more losers, of course). In other words, plenty of winners is what's really needed to make an attractive promotional exercise which just also happens to be a spread bet competition.

FXCM used to have a similar end-of-month competition to the one you mentioned on their Micro account (not spreadbetting), but prizes were available to the top three only. They ended it in July.

Just watching episode 5, bit of spoiler but. big LOL, Shazaad did a £1000 pound a point bet to win the week with a 8pip profit.

Jamie Hanmore minus 1%, tried to trade at £1000 a point to recover but didn't have enough margin. John McMeekant, minus 3.4% for the week, Walsh 0.2% profit, Thompson minus 6% for the week. Shazad made 8%.

Attachments

• cityindex.jpg
    cityindex.jpg
    439.5 KB · Views: 722
Jamie Hanmore minus 1%, tried to trade at £1000 a point to recover but didn't have enough margin.

He probably didn't realise that if he used a 20pt stop he could have covered the margin easily.

I think they will all go in heavy this week (1000 a point) . One of them should make profit. However if they dont i wouldn't be surprised if things are done behind the scenes to ensure at least one person comes out a head.

Last edited:
Lulz. So the lesson of the week is what exactly. Gamble everything on one trade to win?

Just watching episode 5, bit of spoiler but. big LOL, Shazaad did a £1000 pound a point bet to win the week with a 8pip profit.

Are City Index saying they will accept instant execution bets of £1000 a point on the Aussie now then? I doubt it...