churchill Strauss?

No but I'd hazzard a guess with a name like that they're scammers.

Have you checked out when the domain name wa first registered, that usually tells you all you need to know. If under 2 years then 90% scam, if under 1 year then 99% scam and if within the last 3 months then 101% scam.

Whois lookup and Domain name search

Be wary, the smooth talking 'brokers' want to steal your money, in fact that's their business model....

As far as i can find out....I couldn't find any details on webcheck at Companies House for a company named Churchill Strauss.
Their website is www.churchillstrass.com and it doesn't appear to have been running very long. The details they send out dont have a signature or named person anywhere on it, just signed "Churchill Strauss".
Other than that i don't know a lot, other than the fact that their trading figures seem excellent. The problem is, paying between £2999 and £10,000 per year (up front i might add) for trading signals seems a lot of money to put down without a name or registered company behind it. If anyone knows any more about this company please post it here.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
All I can add here is that I have spoken to a property trader (like myslef) who originally sent me the email about this. the email was labelled (from the property trader) "best thing we have ever done." I'v been following this property company for a few years and have no doubts that they are genuine. I have spoken to the director about this specifically and he tells me that he is making good profits...the problem I had was that he'd only been using their services for 2 months...not long enough for me.

I have there marketing pack here, pretty basic stuff. All this said, and even hearing it first hand, I still think something ain't right....not sure what, but something strong enough to stop me from parting with my money just yet....

Maybe I should ring em!

Yes good idea. At the end of the day everything you do has an element of risk, but people's tolerances vary. With no company registered, and the rest of the sparse details, many people i have spoken to wouldn't go near it, never mind send so much money away in one go. However its still up to the individual. Post here if you speak to anyone!

Depends what you call a scam I guess. Looking at the rather poor website, it's about as convincing as any other spread betting system.

I've been in the spread betting game for 10 years, and have yet to see a system like this consistently make money for anyone other than the vendor.

Save your money and buy some goats; come the global collapse at least you won't starve.

funny how these companies never have names like Skaggy & Muckhead, Thick****e & Crabs etc.
It's always, Stirling this, Churchill that, Platinum blah blah blah

i'd rather trust an eponymously named company like Mike Hunt

Common sense says NEVER do business with a company that trades from a PO box and calls are directed to a mobile.

Thanks guys, all good advise, if not obvious...I'm less of a skeptical myself, foolhardy maybe...although I've been investing for a few years now and the only money I've had stolen is from a carpet fitter who'd rather put the money up his nose....bless!

incidentally, I used to trade my business from a PO box and divert calls to a mobile, well I was skint and was parnoid about people knowing my home address....sorry!

Ha ha!! Yes i have been fleeced a few times but never in this way, though that certainly doesn't make me any more comfortable with things like this where there is so much background to check.
in my experience, the best real source of information is to get the name of the guy involved (as many as poss) and then GOOGLE like mad on those names, trawling through pages and pages of info until you find a news release, company website, forum post (like this) etcetera to find out stuff. Usually if someone has a good history in any business, or any prior experience, their name will still be on an old page of a website somewhere on the planet. I have to say i have done this for this company and could not find ANYTHING WHATSOEVER which is worrying.
Having said that (and my worries have not gone away) i have to say that when it comes to insider info, good trading signals etcetera, the people involved are usually involved with other larger investors and so they often have a separate trading name for themselves when selling info direct to public purely to keep the big boys out of the loop. This is a thin argument to risk money on though, and my doubts are still solid.

I'm digressing a little here, but if this company/guy is genuine then I feel their pain. I have built an online business and I can tell you it is without question the hardest business to start up bar none as you're competing in the largest market place in the world. Gaining customer confidence is so difficult and it takes an awful lot of money to generate business.

Conclusion: The only way I'll invest with this company is as a consortium of traders wanting their info....2,500 quid split x ways....anyone interested (in theory!!??)

No,

Take the money you'd spend on them, put it in a SB account.

Research a method you think you could trade and then trade it using this money. You should eventually end up with a profit and you'll know how to keep on making it rather than how to copy a text.

What if you lose your phone?

The website also look like a crap ebay advert.

Spoke to the owner, Anthony Manning - a pleasant enough guy...sounds like a trader!
He says there are 4 of them trading, 2 trade for OD asset Bank? They simply send the trades to you - you do the rest.

I also found the website developer who did the landing page. He couldn't offer me much info on this guy only that he found him pleasant and intelligent. His stats for visitors to the landing page are large. The website developer in question is well known in property circles - I have come across him many times (Darren Pledger)

Hi Olweiser

Spoke to the owner, Anthony Manning - a pleasant enough guy...sounds like a trader!
He says there are 4 of them trading, 2 trade for OD asset Bank? They simply send the trades to you - you do the rest.

I also found the website developer who did the landing page. He couldn't offer me much info on this guy only that he found him pleasant and intelligent. His stats for visitors to the landing page are large. The website developer in question is well known in property circles - I have come across him many times (Darren Pledger)

I have read this thread with great interest. I to am in property and got he same e-mail from Gary. I e-mailed him back and got pretty much the same response as you I suspect. I now have their marketing pack, which I do think looks rather amateur to me? Gary said he would post another e-mail soon with his results.

The whole thing smacks of 'too good to be true' and it probably is, if only to know the truth!!
I will try and do some research on this Adam Manning guy and see what comes up. I like your consortium idea though........
If anyone knows anything more I would be very interested to hear.

All I can add here is that I have spoken to a property trader (like myslef) who originally sent me the email about this. the email was labelled (from the property trader) "best thing we have ever done." I'v been following this property company for a few years and have no doubts that they are genuine. I have spoken to the director about this specifically and he tells me that he is making good profits...the problem I had was that he'd only been using their services for 2 months...not long enough for me.

I have there marketing pack here, pretty basic stuff. All this said, and even hearing it first hand, I still think something ain't right....not sure what, but something strong enough to stop me from parting with my money just yet....

Maybe I should ring em!

The property trader in question sounds like Mark H.(?)
I received the same email and ultimately wrote to Mark to obtain a bit more detail and a degree of comfort that it was the "real deal".
He responded by simply saying that they were making him money since he started using their services.

I`m a bit uneasy about the info pack they sent me and I agree that the website is hardly very inspiring.

I`m also a tight-fisted Scot so the prospect of me handing over £2.5k upfront unless I am absolutely certain of success is remote to say the least.

I assume that, like me, you have had to dive for cover as the propert market (or more correctly, the financial service industry) has capitulated?

The property trader in question sounds like Mark H.(?)
I received the same email and ultimately wrote to Mark to obtain a bit more detail and a degree of comfort that it was the "real deal".
He responded by simply saying that they were making him money since he started using their services.

I`m a bit uneasy about the info pack they sent me and I agree that the website is hardly very inspiring.

I`m also a tight-fisted Scot so the prospect of me handing over £2.5k upfront unless I am absolutely certain of success is remote to say the least.

I assume that, like me, you have had to dive for cover as the propert market (or more correctly, the financial service industry) has capitulated?

Re my last post----the name of the chap is of course Gary H. (as opposed to Mark H. who is someone I know with the same surname)
I also posted after only reading page 1 of the thread(which I am prone to do at times) and have now read the subsequent posts.
The idea of a consortium approach may be worth considering....if we can determine a bit more about the set-up etc.

Gary H is indeed the man.

The marketing pack also talks about 10 years of published trading performance.

They also talk of weekly annual renewals of memberships so if true they must have a good following?

Almost tempting to blow the £2.5k just to get the truth!!!

But not that tempting.

Evening Fellas!
Interesting; I too have received the email from Gary H, out of the blue, as I don't recall the guy. Rang him and asked how he got my email address; he reckons we must've met at a property soiree somewhere, which I do attend. He gave me the same glowing story that others have been given; my next step would've been to call Tony, the owner, having done a Google search first, but it appears that I don't need to now, having found this thread. There's a common theme here; depressed property market, said investors receiving an email, and looking for an alternative investment, and a time pressure in the info pack of 7 days. I think this should go out to other property forums, like Singing Pig, to see the extent of this potential 'scam', though Gary does sound quite convincing. Peter Parfait, also a property 'guru', has also emailed a similar spread betting email recently, though costing £250. The consortium might be of interest, pending further due/diligence on Churchill.

churchill strauss

Has anyone heard of this trading company and got any experiences with dealing with them?

I too have received an invitation to join this outfit at a cost of £2495 and found this site while trying to check on them.
No one seems to have much experience of them.
I will probably give them a miss for this reason. All I can add is that I heard of them through Hemscott which is a reputable investment information company, a division of Morningstar.:|