China's FTSE 100 swing trades

Wow what a few days I have had.

Yesterday my team beat their arch-rivals, the despicable Woolwich Wonderer's so that made my day.

Then this morning I had an unexpected pleasant surprise when I checked my account…the Intertek trade which I had given up all hope of hitting its target only went and hit its target in early trading for a whopping 6.3 x R!!! Awesome, got to love the narrow range reference bars.

So now this brings up the question of accounting, the trade was initiated in February but profits realised in March, from what little accounting I have picked up profits are booked in the period they are realized, right? So if I include the profit in March it makes sense to include win rate, R:R, duration in the March stats as well?

:clap:

instead of dates do your accounting for blocks of 10 trades - that'll give better reference to how it's going

jon - Makes sense. Also it brings back a distant memory of Mark Douglas's views on trading psychology - did he not suggest it was futile to change your trading plan unless it had generated 20 losses in a row, or have I garbled that one?

jon - Makes sense. Also it brings back a distant memory of Mark Douglas's views on trading psychology - did he not suggest it was futile to change your trading plan unless it had generated 20 losses in a row, or have I garbled that one?

Be careful of your assumptions. 20 losses in a row doesnt necessarily mean it's a bad strategy. That's just probability distributions.

Yes, if I remember correctly, that was one of his points, even a good strategy could deliver 20 straight losses, hence the importance of money management.

Be careful of your assumptions. 20 losses in a row doesnt necessarily mean it's a bad strategy. That's just probability distributions.

maybe, but I'd be thinking "change in market conditions" long, long before that and either dropping to half position or standing aside.

Now that the excitement of the ITRK trade has died down, I realised there were another 4 trades on my February stats which closed March 1st, so I moved these to the March stats and as a result February is looking even worse, 2 wins, six losses and 25% win rate (n)

If I took the ULVR and NXT trades it would have been 40% but I won't bang on about the ones that got away because....well they got away.

Not trades for tomorrow, still long TT and it's looking precarious.

Now that the excitement of the ITRK trade has died down, I realised there were another 4 trades on my February stats which closed March 1st, so I moved these to the March stats and as a result February is looking even worse, 2 wins, six losses and 25% win rate (n)

If I took the ULVR and NXT trades it would have been 40% but I won't bang on about the ones that got away because....well they got away.

Not trades for tomorrow, still long TT and it's looking precarious.

Didn't cpg, land,bland feature recently amongst others? Bit surprised with 25% - it been pretty good recently

Didn't cpg, land,bland feature recently amongst others? Bit surprised with 25% - it been pretty good recently

CPG wasn't a 1.5'er because of the blasted spread. LAND I saw but looked a bit volatile.

Is BLAND something you have open at the moment? I didn't like the look of this one either.

china

I've got blnd open and protecting 1.5. Not a classic, but been hunting for all the longs I can get while the market is as it is. Influenced by resistance becoming support around 555 (look at weekly).

Last 30 completed trades running at around 66% with pretty healthy r:r which I haven't worked out yet. Got 8 open atm.

china

I've got blnd open and protecting 1.5. Not a classic, but been hunting for all the longs I can get while the market is as it is. Influenced by resistance becoming support around 555 (look at weekly).

Last 30 completed trades running at around 66% with pretty healthy r:r which I haven't worked out yet. Got 8 open atm.

Wow 8, that really is making hay while the sun shines.

Sounds like a good idea to take trades a more liberally in a trending market and be more conservative in ranging markets

Long HSBA (not one for you Barjon)

I think I have sussed out the trades you have open, and I hindsight I should have taken them but for some reason I seem to overlook the bigger swings and focus on the shallower ones. It's something I will need to work on.

Fighting the urge to close TT.

Long HSBA (not one for you Barjon)

I think I have sussed out the trades you have open, and I hindsight I should have taken them but for some reason I seem to overlook the bigger swings and focus on the shallower ones. It's something I will need to work on.

Fighting the urge to close TT.

Did you sus out vod I wonder :LOL:.

Gotta have a slice of luck to help out sometimes :). I'd just decided yesterday that I'd better protect 1.5, but it just about held. Then whammo today and we're batting 5 above target zone - still holding, but will go if comes back to upper level of target zone.

Attachments

• VODAFONE GRP..png
    VODAFONE GRP..png
    9.9 KB · Views: 172
Did you sus out vod I wonder :LOL:.

Gotta have a slice of luck to help out sometimes :). I'd just decided yesterday that I'd better protect 1.5, but it just about held. Then whammo today and we're batting 5 above target zone - still holding, but will go if comes back to upper level of target zone.

No I would never have got that one, talking about big swings they don't come much bigger than that.