Volitle FTSE 100

monkey180

Hello,

I am new to trading, and am focusing SB the FTSE 100, daily.

In the past few weeks and months, the market has been volatile anyway.

On a daily basis the price is generally quite volatile, providing good long and short opportunities (not scalping though), more daily swing trading. MACD' s and the like.

In less uncertain economic circumstances, would the FTSE be as volatile on a daily basis? I have not been in trading outside this economic problem we are currently in.

Thanks

Hello,

On a daily basis the price is generally quite volatile, providing lots of good long and short opportunities and (not scalping though), more daily swing trading. MACD' s and the like.

In less uncertain economic circumstances, would the FTSE be as volatile on a daily basis? I have not been in trading outside this economic problem we are currently in.

Thanks

On an intraday basis, indices, including the FTSE are volatile, if not every day atleast a couple of days a week. News or no news.

My poor performance trading opening range breakouts over the last 2 weeks suggests excessive volatility - I put this down to the Greek sovereign debt crisis. Well, I have to blame somebody.

Yes, maybe I should look another to do, so you work from 8am till 9pm? (UK)

Or do you set a points taget, and then finish trading when you have met target"?

So you daily swing trade?

Last edited:
Yes, maybe I should look another to do, so you work from 8am till 9pm? (UK)

Or do you set a points taget, and then finish trading when you have met target"?

So you daily swing trade?

I work from 8 to 6 PM and I try to do some swing trading. I put up price points above which I buy and below which I sell. Obviously, every selling point is the stop for the buy and every buying point is the stop for the sell.

If you go to my blog http://tradethesensex.blogspot.com/, I give the buying and selling point with stop for the SENSEX (Indian index) and also the top 10 stocks in that index. I only started this last week, but the performance seems to be good !! I put up these points the day before the market opens there.

I use the same method for trading the FTSE and DOW. This afternoon I bought the FTSE above 5743, but got out too early at 5759.....it is now at 5766 !! I am waiting for the DOW to either come down below 12099 to sell or I do nothing.

Thanks very much, I was confusing daily swing with scalping before but now realize a good swing is the way to make money SB ing.

You seem to get getting very good returns, what are the buy sell based on, fundamental or tech or both?

What broker to you use?

Thanks very much, I was confusing daily swing with scalping before but now realize a good swing is the way to make money SB ing.

You seem to get getting very good returns, what are the buy sell based on, fundamental or tech or both?

What broker to you use?

The price points are identified by taking historical key levels going all the way back to 1995 or from the date the security started trading in the markets. These levels are then combined with some levels over the last 4 days to give the day's trading price points. Ofcourse the breakout of opening range is also included in my own index trading, but as I put the prices up for the Indian market the day before, I cannot include the openning ranges in my blog recommendations.
I just spreadbet as of now. Capitalspreads offer tight bid/offer spread for the indices, so I am with them now.

Hello,

On a daily basis the price is generally quite volatile, providing good long and short opportunities (not scalping though), more daily swing trading. MACD' s and the like.

Thanks

Volatility is good buddy

Volatility = more profits

Come and join me on my thread

I average around +200 to + 250 points a week trading the FTSE ....as my subscribers will testify to my results !!

FTSE 100 has become volatile like the US indices, but one has to adjust accordingly and employ stricter money/risk management.

If you want to trade something that is more stable then trade the Nasdaq my friend