Central London Traders

btw london lad ain't said (tsk tsk) but we're combining our meetups if possible.

I may possibly arrange pre drinks drinks/smoke/use your imagination at my flat if anyone is interested, it's slightly further out than canary wharf, about five minutes walk from Greenwich North station on the Jubilee (next stop after canary wharf)... or for more sophistication take the Thames Clipper from various locations to the QEII pier...

I'm fine with Canary Wharf, will PM my details. I'm not a regular poster on here, but have been trading for 5 years. I've recently taken redundancy and am hoping to trade for a living come mid-October, so looking forward to meeting up with other full time traders!

All the best,

Paul.

Yeah cool

that sounds good, im going to uni in london this year, could meet up anytime

Hi everyone.

Many apologies to arabiannights, I just forgot to mention (really). I am just another guy folks, I saw a lot of ppl were asking for one, and it was just a matter of pin pointing a date/time/venue.

The social is on. Many thanks to arabiannight, for combining it. I look forward to meet him and expand my network of traders with all of you. I have had many private messages and replying to everyone with that random character thing is a pain.

Please note the time/venue below.

Organisers: arabiannights and london_lad
Date: 24 September 2009 (Thursday)
Time: 6:40 onwards.
Venue: Smolensky at Canary Wharf (we may shift to some other venue or for dinner/bite)

If you want my mobile number so you can call when you are there (incase you cant find us - as we maybe a small group to start with), then please email [email protected] and will reply you with my number for you to text/call. Or you can email arabiannights to confirm your attendance as well.

Maybe we can do next one near Liverpool St or Covent Garden

Last edited:
Great idea for a meetup.. i plan on arriving a bit early around 6pm and will prop up the bar awaiting everyone else's arrival.

CW Smolenskys on a Thurs night is packed. Someone is going to have to carry around a newspaper & wear a carnation so the T2W lot can be spotted!

CW Smolenskys on a Thurs night is packed. Someone is going to have to carry around a newspaper & wear a carnation so the T2W lot can be spotted!

Then lets hope arabian was joking when he said he was bringing 20 odd people with with him..

been there on thursday nights...quite a nice buzz..i personally dont mind but open to any suggestions

So that's the good thing right? More the merrier?

Also, I have given my number to everyone who has PM'ed or emailed me. Call if you cant find us.

Its LL btw. :)

hi all, looking to join you all on thursday thanks..was just looking to get an overview what types of trading do most of you guys do? are you all proivate or trade for institutuions? what sectors do you trade? either way it would be a pleasure.. just would love to get some indication prior...

'Second Income Trader' and myself will be arriving at Smolenksies early at 5pm. If anyone else wants to join us for some warm up drinks, feel free. I will be the Indian guy.

I will be the Indian guy.

american-indian_small.jpg

?

I think balance of probabilities won't be coming tonight btw...

Hi Folks,

Just wanted to say thanks for a great evening, really enjoyed meeting you all :) Thanks to London Lad for arranging, sorry to Pipnator for not seeing him before I left and a big raspberry to Zack for having the temerity to doubt my ability with the 5m charts!

Looking forward to meeting up again soon.

Cheers, Paul.

folks i am in the process of dying, thanks to the burger yesterday....otherwise had a great time...thumbs up to londonlad for putting it together...sorry paul as i was busy explaining my wife how having drinks in canary is gonna help further my career ...didnt go down to well...(n) ...

looking forward to our next meet up...

cheers,
pipnator

Hey,

Thanks to everyone who showed up( pipnator / donaldduke / zak /secondincome/shacks/ most importantly arabiannights/etc). I had a great time, and I also (unlike pipnator) avoided the burger :cheesy: . No seriously, it can't be that bad. I am not sure about the next meetup, but if I get around to it, then the next one will be a bit more organised with areas roped in and all.

arabian mentioned, he's organising something for November. Please let us know mate.

Cheers