Capitalism

Capitalism puts a price on everything, even people's lives.
At what price would you sell out say a relative in a top job ? Oh yes in today's world it matters.

The US openly puts a monetary value on top terrorists. They hide the identities of those who take the money and hide but it is a well known fact. Someone told on Osama Bin Laden for sure and got paid off.

Capitalism puts a price on everything, even people's lives.
At what price would you sell out say a relative in a top job ? Oh yes in today's world it matters.

The US openly puts a monetary value on top terrorists. They hide the identities of those who take the money and hide but it is a well known fact. Someone told on Osama Bin Laden for sure and got paid off.

It is smart business. The radicals in the Middle East want power and wealth as much as we do in the West. That's why paying someone to tattle on someone else works. Less people got hurt by us not having search as hard. What does this have to do with capitalism?

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a chilling thought.
How much are you worth to another person alive OR
How much are you worth to another person dead ?

Are these 2 prices the same ? I doubt it. Mean and nasty people are usually worth more dead than alive so beware. Does your job or political ideas enhance your value or diminish it substantially ?
What is the current price of a hit, mafia style in say Chicago to a European city ? Russian contractors are so well set up, it is said that the hitman can fly in from Europe, pick up a weapon, do the hit and be on the plane out of the country within 2 hours to diasappear.

Are these 2 prices the same ? I doubt it. Mean and nasty people are usually worth more dead than alive so beware. Does your job or political ideas enhance your value or diminish it substantially ?
What is the current price of a hit, mafia style in say Chicago to a European city ? Russian contractors are so well set up, it is said that the hitman can fly in from Europe, pick up a weapon, do the hit and be on the plane out of the country within 2 hours to diasappear.

In the latter part of this movie that's exactly what happens. Companies insure there employees and get paid off more money when something nasty happens to them than the employee does?

Well worth a watch. Latter part is better and towards the end they talk about the banking crises futures and derivatives etc...

Enjoy...

Wow! that's is the most blatant false dilemma fallacy ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
Frightening really.
The Democrats aren't quite so bad imho.
Being poor in the USA must be dreadful.

I get the feeling Hhiusa must be thinking nearly every member on T2W is a left wing extreme Trotsky or Marxist.

Really though its like falling in love with your first girlfriend.

She seems perfect with no faults etc etc - the love of your life - for EVER

Then 30 years later and you are on your 3rd or 4th marriage - and she was not even one of your ex wives - you think - why did I ever like that girl ??

Some great comments on this thread - from people with experience in life who are no way stupid or uneducated and who are thankfully blessed with feeling and compassion towards their fellow citizen - and not just thinking - how can I rip him / her off - or get one over on them

Real right wing Capitalist just cannot understand this - its not down in the "theory" lol

Regards

F

Frightening really.
The Democrats aren't quite so bad imho.
Being poor in the USA must be dreadful.

The Democrats have good social ideas and bad fiscal ideas. They always want to raise taxes to pay everything instead of cutting spending in certain places. When you say "cut spending", the poor call you a greedy capitalist. Republicans have good fiscal ideas but don't think government should be involved as much in social welfare. This is the purpose for bipartisanship. I am quite content, living in California. Be it a Republican or a Democrat in office, it doesn't really bother me. Democrats never really succeed in raising taxes upon the upper class. The poor skate underneath the radar and the upper class uses legal ways around them. This leaves the middle class to fend for themselves.

I can't imagine what it is like to be taxed to death in the UK. Stamp duty taxes, VAT, taxes galore. Now, the Labour party wants a Mansion Tax. This is what happens when the Labour party is in charge.

In 1966 The Beatles released their song Taxman as a protest against the 95% "supertax" rate introduced by Harold Wilson's Labour government, which the band had to pay.

The following tax rates apply to married couples with two children. (OECD)

Denmark - 34.8%
Austria - 31.9%
Belgium- 31.8%
Finland -29.4%
Netherlands - 28.7%
Greece 26.7%
UK - 24.9%
Germany - 21.3%
OECD average - 19.6%
USA - 10.4%
Korea - 10.2%
Slovak Republic - 10%
Mexico - 9.5%
Chile - 7%
Czech Republic - 5.6%

3445247563_3c85995e19.jpg

Hi Atilla - Your compassion for your neighbour is a great virtue. I also would feel cheery if the employer were to do the right thing - but I don't want to be the one paying for it.

The role of the group / company / CEO / production manager / team leader / production line employee is to maximise profit. The job of government is to regulate and moderate the effects of this driver to the general benefit of the UK population and the specific protection of an employee from inequitable treatment, through suitable legislation.

It would be no consolation to your neighbour, her colleagues, me or the UK if the company were to ignore its role and lose its orders to a competitor in another town / region / country.

I hope she is treated well but if the employer breaks the law in the UK at least there is adequate legal recourse.

Hi Tomorton

A great comment and I understand your sentiment

Unfortunately though the Employment laws look on the surface to give adequate legal recourse - but in reality - they are probably out of date and a lot of revision is needed

I have a close friend who is the main partner in a busy Doctors practice in Leicestershire. He has gone through 18 months of being held to ransom by an employee who has managed to take him all the way through the courts claiming so many things after a dismissal due to theft. In the end it was settled out of court for over a year's salary and the person was not even with the practice longer than 3 years. So that looked as the though the law really favoured the employee

Then is another area of the country - and my ex friend - the smart ass ultra clever businessman - he was brilliant at winning all his cases against staff he wanted to dismiss etc.

He used so many different tricks - ones you would not even read about in any business book - and not just with a few employees - but with hundreds of staff in 5 different businesses. He could delay cases for 6 -9 months knowing it favoured him and not the employee - I am sure he could have claimed a Doctorate in "taking advantage" of every circumstance.

Its a shame although I do think out Laws are amongst the best in the World - there is still room for improvement so that we can finally abandon the thought that -

The Law is like the Ritz Hotel - Open to all - but very few can afford to have use of it when its really needed

Regards

F

Last edited:
I get the feeling Hhiusa must be thinking nearly every member on T2W is a left wing extreme Trotsky or Marxist.

Really though its like falling in love with your first girlfriend.

She seems perfect with no faults etc etc, the love of your life forever.

Then 30 years later and you are on your 3rd or 4th marriage, and she was not even one of your ex wives. why did I ever like that girl?

Some great comments on this thread from people with experience in life who are in no way stupid or uneducated and who are thankfully blessed with feeling and compassion towards their fellow citizen, and not just thinking how can I rip him/her off or get one over on them.

Educated? :whistling You don't say! :innocent:

Cheers Forexmospherian - The UK legal system, is not perfect and distinctly weighted against the common man.

However, its there and its accessible. In contrast to many other countries, it doesn't function through bribes, it is amenable to being revised via new legislation and case law, the government is accountable to the judiciary, everyone can access their MP, and we all get a vote on what sort of legal system we deserve. Add to that the basic principles such as presumption of innocence, habeus corpus and rights of appeal / judicial challenge, enforcable contracts etc., and this is a great place to be downtrodden, if anywhere can be that is.

Educated? :whistling You don't say! :innocent:

Is this American slang??

Learn to speak the Queen's English is all I will say !

You sound like a condescending redneck - hardly what i would expect to hear from a guy from Newport beach - NOT :sleep:

Is this American slang??

Learn to speak the Queen's English is all I will say !

You sound like a condescending redneck - hardly what i would expect to hear from a guy from Newport beach - NOT :sleep:

Well isn't that ironic? 1. You can't even speak the Queen's English. You cannot even form a grammatical correct sentence to save your life. Hyphens are not multi-purpose punctuation marks. Take your own advice about learning English.

2. How would you know what someone from Newport Beach should sound like?

Well isn't that ironic? 1. You can't even speak the Queen's English. You cannot even form a grammatical correct sentence to save your life. Hyphens are not multi-purpose punctuation marks. Take your own advice about learning English.

2. How would you know what someone from Newport Beach should sound like?

Lol - you cannot even get that part right

I have never spoken to you - so how do you know anything about how I speak and with what accent - I have only communicated to you by text in an everyday common format

2. Well when I was in Huntington Beach - I met people from Newport Beach - they actually seemed very nice - I love boats and sailing you see

;)

Lol - you cannot even get that part right

I have never spoken to you - so how do you know anything about how I speak and with what accent - I have only communicated to you by text in an everyday common format

2. Well when I was in Huntington Beach - I met people from Newport Beach - they actually seemed very nice - I love boats and sailing you see

;)

I am talking about your sentences being full of grammar errors. There is no need to here you speak. Hyphens are not multi-purpose punctuation marks.

I'm shocked and stunned to see this weirdo's replies in your blogs.

Strongly suspect he is on the OCD, Asperger Autism spectrum and hence his continuous repetition and latching on to same language **** takes like a scratched record. Also fascination with numbers and links and statistics. They can be brilliant and also socially obtuse and not fit in. Lack of a sense of humour is another indication. He likes order and things to be as he perceives them in his mind so the discomfort with Mike Myers teeth unable to comprehend or find funny but be disgusted instead.

He believes him self to be the next super race!

Thinks Darwin was talking about elimination of unsuccessful species and not the evolution of species, able to mutate, adapt and change. Darwin was about explaining diversity and evolution of the species. Not about supremecy but try telling that to these self righteous know it alls.

Mutate to adapt did one say? This freak is more likely kill anything that doesn't resemble his sad comprehension of life. Did someone say white blue eyed blondies are superior. You've got to be kidding me?

Charleston_shootin_3346053b.jpg

The most successful Human species on earth right now are the Chinese and Indians. This sad freak belongs to some dying race and doesn't know it. He'll be marked as protected specimen soon.

Don't know whether to feel sad or angry???

I've put him on ignore but still see him mouthing off about language. This is his way of coping with rejection. I think its quite sad but bloody annoying...

I'm shocked and stunned to see this weirdo's replies in your blogs.

Strongly suspect he is on the OCD, Asperger Autism spectrum and hence his continuous repetition and latching on to same language **** takes like a scratched record. Also fascination with numbers and links and statistics. They can be brilliant and also socially obtuse and not fit in. Lack of a sense of humour is another indication. He likes order and things to be as he perceives them in his mind so the discomfort with Mike Myers teeth unable to comprehend or find funny but be disgusted instead.

He believes him self to be the next super race!

Thinks Darwin was talking about elimination of unsuccessful species and not the evolution of species, able to mutate, adapt and change. Darwin was about explaining diversity and evolution of the species. Not about supremecy but try telling that to these self righteous know it alls.

Mutate to adapt did one say? This freak is more likely kill anything that doesn't resemble his sad comprehension of life. Did someone say white blue eyed blondies are superior. You've got to be kidding me?

The most successful Human species on earth right now are the Chinese and Indians. This sad freak belongs to some dying race and doesn't know it. He'll be marked as protected specimen soon.

Don't know whether to feel sad or angry???

I've put him on ignore but still see him mouthing off about language. This is his way of coping with rejection. I think its quite sad but bloody annoying...

What is amusing to me is that you say you want to ignore me but you continue to reply to my posts. It sounds like the comments about my preferences for blue eyed blonde peachy complected Scandinavians disturbs you deeply. Maybe you need help accepting who you are.

Why Scandinavians are so awesome.
http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/why-are-scandinavians-so-awesome.197558603/

The fact that you went out of your way to write such a long review of me is rather intriguing. Another case of "the lady doth protest too much".

What sort of eye exercises do you use, if you don't mind me asking.
Having problems with the small print at the supermarket.

Sorry to go off subject.

Hi Oscar

The main exercise I have been using over last 5 years as been "palming" - check it out by googling it under eye exercises etc

There are many others - I had a list of approx 15 - which take say 10 -20 mins in total a day - split into say 3 or 4 sessions of just a few minutes etc.

Your eyes are like the rest of your body - they need exercise and fresh air / oxygen to be healthy and by doing special exercises - you can improve their efficiency and make the stronger- allowing you an improved vision.

There have been cases of people with with poor vision who requires strong len assistance being able to change within just a few weeks or months - and go on not to need any glasses

GL and you will find all the info on the internet - both books / dvd's / tips etc etc

Regards

F