Best Thread Capital Spreads

Don't agree with you. It has improved so much and i get a quick fill even with £30 or £40 a point in FT/DAX . Only problem is it freezes when figures come out specially from USA.

I think Capital Spreads is shocking...Never get the fills. If you do it will wait until your offside by a few ticks before filling you. Rubbish for short term trading. Potantially good for Long Term trading.

My trading pot is up over 4 times in last 6 months and it is not small.
The best is still IG but I do more trades with Capitals because of lower spreads, ( in FT/DAX and DOW and Many UK shares)

Agree, unfortunately liquidated but when the going is good I recover fast.
Currently pot is worth over 45k. Loosing 10k was a learning process.

As with others I started fresh with different approach.
Read all most posts and you will see the track record of my trades. My problem then was not to place a stop/loss which now I do and works much better.

Read all most posts and you will see the track record of my trades. My problem then was not to place a stop/loss which now I do and works much better.
Yeah i remember u didnt use stops , now 45 k good for u ...

Great job TT,, u went AWOL!!! , u left that thread without any updates or letting anyone know, great work... keep it up,,

My trading pot is up over 4 times in last 6 months and it is not small.
The best is still IG but I do more trades with Capitals because of lower spreads, ( in FT/DAX and DOW and Many UK shares)

IG recently emailed to say that they have taken steps to try to make their variable narrow spreads "more transparent". Don't know how it works out in practice though. I guess they are feeling the competition.

IG recently emailed to say that they have taken steps to try to make their variable narrow spreads "more transparent". Don't know how it works out in practice though. I guess they are feeling the competition.

Yes, I received these details from them.

"With our lowest forex spreads now available for longer, and new features making it easier for you to monitor our spreads, our forex dealing service now delivers more than ever before.

Earlier this year we introduced a variable spreads system for forex pairs, enabling us to quote our lowest spread when the underlying market is at its tightest. Recently market spreads have narrowed, and as a result you have been able to deal at our lowest spreads for more of the time.

From 30 November 2009, we’re introducing some new features to make our variable spreads more transparent:

* Dealing spread displayed on deal ticket – you’ll easily be able to watch for our lowest spreads and take advantage of them, in both Standard and Pairs views.
* Average spread details – new charts provide you with clear, precise information about the average spreads we have been offering on each currency pair, throughout the day, over the previous week."

xeno

possibly i did chose the biggest contract but the margin is huge no matter what size the contract. CS average stake size is about £5 which would be far too small for most contracts ... and if you were trading in this kind of size with a broker your charges (or spreads) would place you in the regions of trading in a wider price than CS offers in the first place.

normally one contract in the FTSE requires about £4500 (or more).... but a £10 bet with us requires a minimum margin of £300 ... yes intra day margins can be less but that is very restrictive to your potential position taking/trading.

simon

xeno

possibly i did chose the biggest contract but the margin is huge no matter what size the contract. CS average stake size is about £5 which would be far too small for most contracts ... and if you were trading in this kind of size with a broker your charges (or spreads) would place you in the regions of trading in a wider price than CS offers in the first place.

normally one contract in the FTSE requires about £4500 (or more).... but a £10 bet with us requires a minimum margin of £300 ... yes intra day margins can be less but that is very restrictive to your potential position taking/trading.

simon

I have no problem with the general point that margins are higher and per point values less flexible, but like I said you're overstating the issue. It's easy to trade Z for far less than 4500, and as I said there are plenty of popular contracts for £5 or less. I listed four of them! To say that 'most are far more' is just not right. The average of most popular ones is probably 10-12 USD.

Simon,

I have been searching for a couple of months for a SB company that allows API trading but none exist.

Many companies offer this with a non-SB account, even those who also offer Spread betting options.

I am curious if this is a legal issue, a technical issue or one of demand. If its the latter I feel sure this forum among others could drum up some support.

curiously yours
Steve.

CS use GFT platfrom. They don't even have their own platfrom. Why not use GFT rather than using white label for gft?

CS has been using GFT platfrom for long time. CS does not have it's own platfrom.