Best Thread Capital Spreads

Are any current users of Capital Spreads ( other than employees of Capital Spreads ) able to confirm ( or otherwise ) that the trading platform is now working satisfactorily after the recent maintenance.

Is it now better, worse or the same as before ?
It is definitely better now after the recent maintenance, not so many trade rejections. It is little bit faster as well. At times I get a technical error message, when trying to close a position. It is more safe not to use the closing window when closing a position.

Last edited:
demo account

simon ive also noticed when i placed a few trades and looked on opened positions nothing appeared but my trades had been matched,cheers

I did raise the matter of the 'trade rejection notice' about a year ago - here is the post from that time; http://www.trade2win.com/boards/420960-post4160.html

I personally would find it unfair if I found a trade on my account which I thought had been rejected. If it was for any meaningful amount of money then I'd rightfully expect the position corrected by whichever firm had made the mistake (be it of a technical nature or otherwise).

Obviously since I've had the problem happen more than once I am aware of what to look out for in such an event and therefore I would hope that I wouldnt be caught out. When ever I am in any doubt over these kinds of things I make a recording of the desktop with a timestamp just in case the matter cannot be sorted in a straight forward manner.

So far so good.

Steve.

charts are a bit of a problem at the moment but we are attempting to negotiate an upgrade. As you are no doubt aware costs are not inconsiderable especially as they are free, to clients, live data. Unfortunately I do not quite have the pockets of IG !

the darkside

this is a tad odd ... we try to replicate this but without success. The position may take a few seconds to come through but that is all. Are you on a lap top or low power pc?

steve

as mentioned we are going through every single message now.

gle101

thanks that is v.useful info

simon

charts are a bit of a problem at the moment but we are attempting to negotiate an upgrade. As you are no doubt aware costs are not inconsiderable especially as they are free, to clients, live data. Unfortunately I do not quite have the pockets of IG !

the darkside

this is a tad odd ... we try to replicate this but without success. The position may take a few seconds to come through but that is all. Are you on a lap top or low power pc?

steve

as mentioned we are going through every single message now.

gle101

thanks that is v.useful info

simon

I realise you're a busy man, Mr D, but it only takes one more keystroke to type upper case letters. Alternatively, to avoid falling foul of the Trade descriptions act, how about changing the company name to non-capital or lower case spreads?

Simon,

I have a quick question for you. If I was to open accounts with tradefair, saxospread etc. Will that be executed by you too?

yes

but tradefair and saxo have different platforms to CS so there are significant differences in the performance etc.

simon

yes

but tradefair and saxo have different platforms to CS so there are significant differences in the performance etc.

simon

Simon

Here is a real unfair question.

If you were to choose a sb firm to deal with who would it be ?? or would you laugh and say who would be mad enough to use a sb firm ( I do use them including cs - but i mad)

By the way its impressive you take time to answer all these posts.

Break of service

Loss of feed today around 2.15pm for a few minutes. No on-screen notification. Subsequently, system refused my request to close at quoted price twice in succession.

Anyone else experience this (or should I just use my IG account instead?) Didn't appear to be my ISP connection.

Update: after 2 further refusals, finally closed position on 5th attempt. This is the first time I've had a problem with CS - if it becomes a habit then "I'm out !"

Last edited:
So, having exited on the 5th attempt, how far had the price moved from your desired exit price ?

In favour or against ?

So, having exited on the 5th attempt, how far had the price moved from your desired exit price ?

In favour or against ?

Moved against me by 5 pts on a FTSE share but still in profit. Not an account blowing situation but rather gets up yer nose when you're just day trading & not scalping.

Good lesson in having a stop which I'd trailed up.

I like CS interface for its simplicity but if you can't close then that's just a bit too simple for me. Don't like or use their charts / controls. As i use only price /support & resistance ADVFN charting does me fine for real-time monitoring.

I put this down to experience - plenty of other facilities to use if this goes pear-shaped on a regular basis.

Moved against me by 5 pts on a FTSE share but still in profit. Not an account blowing situation but rather gets up yer nose when you're just day trading & not scalping.

Doesn't sound too clever to me.

I m surprised to read that you guys don't have an alternative SB where you can hedge in case of problems with you current SB.

There has been a significant increase in 'Trade Rejected' message from Capital Spreads when trying to place a trade. If this is the upgrade to the platform that they have done recently, then we will barely be able to place a trade unless the market is not moving at all. Certainly not a step in the right direction.