Best Thread Capital Spreads

Platform down

It's now 08:49 at start of week and can't trade FTSE instruments since opening due to a problem at Capital Spreads with "pricing sheets" (confirmed with Customer Support). Looks like there's a lesson there.

Ok now (just after 09:00) but reliability is crucial in my book.

Last edited:
If you insist on SB then have 3 accounts. I use IG mainly and they ok at £10 - £20 a pip. Did got a requote earlier today when the Eur/Usd moved quick but thats just the way it is.

Use CMC secondly and CS as last resort (at the moment).

If you insist on SB then have 3 accounts. I use IG mainly and they ok at £10 - £20 a pip. Did got a requote earlier today when the Eur/Usd moved quick but thats just the way it is.

Use CMC secondly and CS as last resort (at the moment).

Agree. I've got IG and this morning has convinced me where to be.

pricing on UK equities was down because our data provider had a failure with the LSE. All other markets were unaffected.

this is beyond our control. I note that over the past year most of our competitors have also had problems with data provision from suppliers (from time to time) which have not affected us.

Telephone trading was still available and as equities are a very small part of our business there was no problem with getting through.

simon

pricing on UK equities was down because our data provider had a failure with the LSE. All other markets were unaffected.

this is beyond our control. I note that over the past year most of our competitors have also had problems with data provision from suppliers (from time to time) which have not affected us.

Telephone trading was still available and as equities are a very small part of our business there was no problem with getting through.

simon

Appreciate the prompt explanation. I can confirm that getting through on the phone was no problem.

Simon, apparently your white label outfit Dealingdesk are offering 2 point spread on the Wall Street Rolling Daily. What are you going to do about it?:)

gle101

DD is on our new platform (completely seperate to CS) and is not yet ready to take CS. Anyone can open an account with them (even if you have a CS account already). As viewers will see the speed is rather faster than CS which is why we are more confident to offer the narrower spreads.

Simon

gle101

DD is on our new platform (completely seperate to CS) and is not yet ready to take CS. Anyone can open an account with them (even if you have a CS account already). As viewers will see the speed is rather faster than CS which is why we are more confident to offer the narrower spreads.

Simon
Yes I noticed the faster speed, I like it, much better interface as well. I take it as CS will offer 2 spread on the Dow in the near future, it was not long ago, when you said it was impossible.:)

new platform for cs? when?

if one can set stops and targets before entering a trade that will make all the difference.

I still dont get it. Isnt dealing desk and capital spreads the same company? and the same trading platforms?
so whats the difference?

I still dont get it. Isnt dealing desk and capital spreads the same company? and the same trading platforms?
so whats the difference?
I don't know who owns Dealingdesk, but Dealingdesk probably license the platform from London Capital Group Ltd, who is the owner of Capitalspreads. Capitalspreads has not implemented the new platform. As I understand, it must be carefully tested with a smaller client database, before intergrate into Capitalspreads huge client base.

I don't know who owns Dealingdesk, but Dealingdesk probably license the platform from London Capital Group Ltd, who is the owner of Capitalspreads. Capitalspreads has not implemented the new platform. As I understand, it must be carefully tested with a smaller client database, before intergrate into Capitalspreads huge client base.

and what about tradefair n paddypower do they licence the platform from lcg?

and what about tradefair n paddypower do they licence the platform from lcg?
Yes, if it says so att the lower end of the home page, this is called a "white label" operation. However, they may not license the new platform, that we we are talking about.

Simon - Just a quick one...

I noticed that for some reason I'm not getting the rolling trade emails these last couple of days and a quick check of my account shows no rolling credit or debit charges on my various FX positions. An oversight on your part?

Steve.

steve

i will investigate

as all interest rates are close to zero positions get charged whether they are long or short these days so I fear your query may cost money! Still ....thanks

Simon

steve

i will investigate

as all interest rates are close to zero positions get charged whether they are long or short these days so I fear your query may cost money! Still ....thanks

Simon

Yes - I was expecting to see debit charges (but only small ones!)

I'm very much a creature of habit and one of my important habits is updating all my spreadsheets which I do come rain (losing trades) or shine (winning trades). Even the small rolling charges get entered.

Having checked in more detail I'm missing charges for the rolls on a EUR/JPY for Fri / Sat / Sun and a roll on Monday night for a EUR/USD .... All long positions.

Steve.