Best Thread Capital Spreads

CMC only widen spreads overnight - back to 'normal' 7.00 GMT. Maybe volatile around big news items but they all are.

Would have recommened CS ! However, their system seems down and I was getting constant trade rejects this afternoon. I think this is a glitch. CS are CHEAP in terms of margin and spreads.

The best in my opninion would be IG Index. However, of the tight spread, small margin companies I would recommend either CS or ODL.

Neither are as reliable as IG but you get what you pay for so to speak.

IG as far as I'm aware don't widen spreads. At least I've never seen it.

Thank You..... by the way, have you or anyone had experience of FTSE100trading.com?

You are not the only one having problems with CS today, there platform has been closed many, many times today on various products. EUR/USD has been repeatedly on 'Temporarily closed' and now, the Dow, which is supposed to be 24 hours is shut too.

very poor today. had enough, going to try that new crowd shortsandlongs.

Strange there is a problem with the platform when the currency markets are trending so well!! Maybe they dont like us making easy money?? Thats why trading is not easy - because when it is easy some 'broker' makes it difficult. Oh well I know what i mean.

You are not the only one having problems with CS today, there platform has been closed many, many times today on various products. EUR/USD has been repeatedly on 'Temporarily closed' and now, the Dow, which is supposed to be 24 hours is shut too.

very poor today. had enough, going to try that new crowd shortsandlongs.

3 point dow spread I see !

cannot hide

we had our first 'full' outage for almost a year yesterday

it lasted for 20 mins

by the way the dow does actually close for small periods during the 24hrs (it should do for all SB companies as well) as the futures do have two close times from 21.15-21.30 and 22.30 to 23.00 UK time. Product info pages specify these times.

Simon

Igindex has the lowest margin if u use stop loss ( normal stoploss not GSL ) , example : ftse 6 points margin at least , dow 10 !! i am talking about standard accounts not limited risk ...

And what about the multiple times the EUR/USD and other markets were 'Temporarily Closed' at various points yesterday? I saw at least 5 times and I wasn't even watching that much. you seem to have missed that issue.

Capital Spreads....

Yet another company who takes your money by accepting a trade when the market moves away from you but rejects the trade if the market is moving in your favour.

Based on my experience of this company I would not recommend

Hi Petelox - But how much experience of the company have you had? How many times has this happened? And how was it resolved?

Hi Petelox - But how much experience of the company have you had? How many times has this happened? And how was it resolved?

Why are you asking him? They're a bunch of crooks - it's over 600 pages and you're asking him to justify it.

Many pages, yes, but very little evidence. Petelox is posting for the first time so he clearly hasn't provided any himself yet - but he has an opportunity now if he wants to take it.

Many pages, yes, but very little evidence. Petelox is posting for the first time so he clearly hasn't provided any himself yet - but he has an opportunity now if he wants to take it.

For whose benefit though? Everyone is in the know and those that can't be bothered to figure out why a supposedly "reputable" spread-betting firm manages to have over 600 pages on it on T2W won't gain any benefit from any evidence.

Capital Spreads....

Yet another company who takes your money by accepting a trade when the market moves away from you but rejects the trade if the market is moving in your favour.

I would have to say this is frustrating and it happens. However, I've had trades rejected that have moved against me as well.

Capital Spreads....

why do people still criticise 90% of the spread betting companies, there are enough threads out there that tell you what they do and how they work. They take the other side of your trade (bet), so dont want you to win.
The only spreadbetting company i have come across that is the opposite is Futuresbetting.com, they only earn when you trade so want us to make money and trade more.

For whose benefit though? Everyone is in the know and those that can't be bothered to figure out why a supposedly "reputable" spread-betting firm manages to have over 600 pages on it on T2W won't gain any benefit from any evidence.

Well I always thought it was because Simon comes on here and actually responds to some of the frankly ludicrous stuff posted by some of the people on this board. I always find it more interesting to hear the opinion of someone involved in the industry on that side of the fence then the all the usual "oooh it's a conspiracy, they're out to get me, it must be true cos I don't know what I'm doing and keep losing" muppet posts. I've learned more about the realities of spread betting (and the paranoia and self-obsession of losing punters) on this thread than any other.

My $0.02