Best Thread Capital Spreads

HOW CAN TAKING TIME TO CLOSE A TRADE TURN INTO A LOSS

WHAT!!!!!!!

LET ME EXPLAIN

I AM 10 POINTS UP AT 10 PER POINT ON A SHORT
I DECIDE TO EXIT
I CLICK THE OPEN POSITION BOX
I CLICK BUY
3 YEARS LATER THE TRADE IS ACCEPTED AT -10 POINTS aND £100 IS DEBITED FROM MY ACCOUNT

THAT IS HOW A WINNING TRADE TURNS INTO A LOOSING TRADE

PRATT!!!

I would say in CS defense that trades have today been taking 30-45 seconds to fill but certainly not 3 minutes. Also I have been filled at the price clicked.

If I have clicked to sell at 39 I have NEVER EVER been filled at 29 because the platform was slow. The trade has either been rejected or filled at the price clicked not at a price they choose.

If your trades are rejected at the price you choose to exit/enter that's a whole different story.

However, trying to take a balanced rational view, I have had trades rejected that could have been winners and trades rejected that could have been losers.

EG. I tried to sell FTSE at 39 and got rejected, when I checked the price it had actually moved up hard against me so was thankful that the trade had been rejected.

I think that some who spread bet feel that SB firms are out to get them. Really with rational caps on this isn't true. If you're Spread betting at a few quid a point I don't see why a SB firm are going to skew their prices to take you out, it doesn't make sense.

They might put you on Dealer referal but that again is a different story.

Anyways, SB has it's advantages and disadvantages and it does bring a smile when I read stories of how SB firms are "out to get" individuals because there £5 a point (or less) trades are winning.

If you want a really bad SB firm try world spreads !

PS...I've had a few beers not sure if this makes much sense.

ALSO I WAS COMPLETELY HAPPY WITH CAPITAL SPREAD UNTILL THIS SLOW EXECUTION STARTED HAPPENING AND I WAS IN FAVOUR AND RECOMMENDED THE COMPANY

Since no one else is experiencing the type of delay that you are reporting, it is quite possible that you have been put on dealer intervention. May be they dont like your trading style.

Message for Claudia123 - my apologies, I should have said '.....MOST of us are big enough and ugly enough......' I'm sure you're not ugly (or very big either, though you didn't mention that). :)

It depends on what u trade , i c IGindex has the best execution . If u want to trade UK shares then maybe Capitalspreads should be ok , Uk shares moves slowly and CS requires less margin on Uk shares and they have better spreads .

Last edited:
I would say in CS defense that trades have today been taking 30-45 seconds to fill but certainly not 3 minutes. Also I have been filled at the price clicked.

If I have clicked to sell at 39 I have NEVER EVER been filled at 29 because the platform was slow. The trade has either been rejected or filled at the price clicked not at a price they choose.

If your trades are rejected at the price you choose to exit/enter that's a whole different story.

However, trying to take a balanced rational view, I have had trades rejected that could have been winners and trades rejected that could have been losers.

EG. I tried to sell FTSE at 39 and got rejected, when I checked the price it had actually moved up hard against me so was thankful that the trade had been rejected.

I think that some who spread bet feel that SB firms are out to get them. Really with rational caps on this isn't true. If you're Spread betting at a few quid a point I don't see why a SB firm are going to skew their prices to take you out, it doesn't make sense.

Anyways, SB has it's advantages and disadvantages and it does bring a smile when I read stories of how SB firms are "out to get" individuals because there £5 a point (or less) trades are winning.

PS...I've had a few beers not sure if this makes much sense.[/QUOT

I dont know what went wrong

the price price i clicked on was definetly not the price that was given resulting in a loss, im not a discrumpled user of capital spreads, up untill yesterday i was very happy with them

the loss resulted acrtrully by not very much and i did not have a very high stake at the time involved the diffrence was between being £10 up to being £10 down

however i have spent a lot of time of the last year testing difffrent startergies, i understand that the prices change, and i fully understand the risk involved

i spend 10 hors per day just wacthing the market and i trade only when the all 4 out of the 4 indicicators i use all sugeust a change which gives me about 60-80% success just solongs i keep tight stops on the lossers in theory i should make a profit

the problem i have is i agreed to a price and regardless how long it took the to close the deal there was no error message or indicator to say there was a problem closing it closed the deal at a diffrent price

if i was trading at a larger amount of money per unit like say £10 per point or god forbid higher, the fact is that loss would have been real bad, £100'S DOWN THE DRAIN

Lets say for example caplital spreads are not con artists, that there system is just plane unreliable, would you bet high stakes knowing that issues have been raised around the quote sytem

i understand that the price given is a qoute and that in can be rejected , which i fine with, but when a quote is given and excepted, i understand how they can change the price with out me agreeeing to it.

the trade should have been rejecteed so i could decide if to buy or sell or not

PS...I've had a few beers not sure if this makes much sense.

Thanks for the info,

let me get one thing straight

CS cannot accept a trade request at a price different to the one requested. Only 'orders' can be slipped.

our audit systems (these are not hosted or run by CS so we cannot 'fiddle' with them) record every trade price request and every action made by our clients and our dealers.

If any clients thinks that they may have been filled at a different price to the one requested then call our dealers and they will access the audit trail and check.

Simon

CAPITAL SPREADS CAN GO TO HELL ALONG WITH HITLER AND GEORGE W BUSH

:LOL::LOL::LOL: This made me laugh so much I nearly fell off my chair! So, Simon and LCG belong at the Hague, do they, on the high crime of having execution times that are too slow.....

Damn, you need to chill out, my friend. :cool:

:LOL::LOL::LOL: This made me laugh so much I nearly fell off my chair! So, Simon and LCG belong at the Hague, do they, on the high crime of having execution times that are too slow.....

Damn, you need to chill out, my friend. :cool:

well im glad the me loosing money made you so hapy

it now feels like a well worth loss

lots of bluddy laughs

hehe

Message for Claudia123 - my apologies, I should have said '.....MOST of us are big enough and ugly enough......' I'm sure you're not ugly (or very big either, though you didn't mention that). :)lol thank you

well im glad the me loosing money made you so hapy

it now feels like a well worth loss

lots of bluddy laughs

hehe

It's not that it's a personal slur, it's more that:

1. There's no need to SHOUT, using upper case, unless you really, really mean it, in which case it should be used sparingly.

2. Making personal attacks, ad hominem statements and calling for fire and brimstone on Simon and Capital Spreads will not earn you any respect as a serious poster.

3. Your spelling makes it very hard for people who use this board for whom English is not a first language to understand you. Seriously, it's just good manners to run the spellchecker first, and it's not hard!

I don't wish anyone to lose money, and it's always good to hear when someone makes a fat profit. From the tone of your posts and style of language, it makes you appear that you're not prepared enough to be staking upwards of £10/pp and dealing with the fallout when you sometimes (inevitably, as we all do) lose.

I laughed because to compare CS to Hitler and George Bush is ludicrously hyperbolic! :cheesy:

losing is the best part of trading - it makesthe winning feel all that much better (or is that just me???)

has anyone had experience with "Cantor Index", I am told they are part of a very liquid and old school institution.......... My apologies if this has already been covered, but I'm new to this forum.

Many Thanks

has anyone had experience with "Cantor Index", I am told they are part of a very liquid and old school institution.......... My apologies if this has already been covered, but I'm new to this forum.

Many Thanks

Wide spreads, ridiculous margin requirement. Other than that go for your life.

Wide spreads, ridiculous margin requirement. Other than that go for your life.

Thanks for that..... I did think that the margins were a little outside the norm!..... I do have an account with CMC but they always seem to get you with widening spreads!!.... I'm not asking you to recommend anyone but who are the better companies to work with?

Many Thanks

Thanks for that..... I did think that the margins were a little outside the norm!..... I do have an account with CMC but they always seem to get you with widening spreads!!.... I'm not asking you to recommend anyone but who are the better companies to work with?

Many Thanks

Would have recommened CS ! However, their system seems down and I was getting constant trade rejects this afternoon. I think this is a glitch. CS are CHEAP in terms of margin and spreads.

The best in my opninion would be IG Index. However, of the tight spread, small margin companies I would recommend either CS or ODL.

Neither are as reliable as IG but you get what you pay for so to speak.

IG as far as I'm aware don't widen spreads. At least I've never seen it.