Best Thread Capital Spreads

If I remember corectly didnt you used to defend worldspreads :sleep:
Well looking at things onesidedly is quite boring, to be honest. There is a lot of constructive criticism from several members on this board. This discussion, along with Simon's contribution, makes it worth while staying.

Yes there was a time that I found Worldspreads to offer excellent service. However, it seems that they have decided to take another road, one which I cannot support. Therefore, I have decided not to continue trading with them.

Well looking at things onesidedly is quite boring, to be honest. There is a lot of constructive criticism from several members on this board. This discussion, along with Simon's contribution, makes it worth while staying.

Yes there was a time that I found Worldspreads to offer excellent service. However, it seems that they have decided to take another road, one which I cannot support. Therefore, I have decided not to continue trading with them.

You are a funny character. Worldspreads have never offered a good service at decent size for winning traders. What is more it was bloody obvious they weren't going to do it. What is boring is people like you sitting on the fence when you should be shouting from the roof tops at these bucket shops to sort things out. There is nothing more boring than some would-be trader defending a bookie. How naive are you, mate? Capital Spreads would screw everyone if they could get away with it. If you think the world works on fairness, you are dreaming. You should never, ever defend CS or any SB company. They are not your friends, and will never be.

You are a funny character. Worldspreads have never offered a good service at decent size for winning traders. What is more it was bloody obvious they weren't going to do it. What is boring is people like you sitting on the fence when you should be shouting from the roof tops at these bucket shops to sort things out. There is nothing more boring than some would-be trader defending a bookie. How naive are you, mate? Capital Spreads would screw everyone if they could get away with it. If you think the world works on fairness, you are dreaming. You should never, ever defend CS or any SB company. They are not your friends, and will never be.
I understand your knee jerk reaction to my post. If you look at my posts lately you will find out that I am not defending CS or any other SB company at all. In fact I have been rather heavy in my criticism against CS in some of my recent posts. This does not mean that I dispute all that they stand for. If you want to trade with a SB you must also communicate, we are, in fact, dependent on each other to get our trade through. On a discussion board like this, different views are expressed, and if you write something that could explain some of the SB moves I see no harm in that. Engaging in constructive dialog should not be construed as being pro Capitalspreads.

anyway to set a sound alarm on the cs charts?

i can use sound alarm on metatrader for forex but it would be nice to have one for indicies.

Well, as regulars know, I for one have defended Capital spreads, and I am not a naive would-be trader.

I still say they are within their rights to offer whatever price they want, in line with the feeds from the banks they feed from. I have also defended them on the fact they have to reject trades on the basis of the fact their spread is fixed when the DA brokers would be offering a 40 pip "spread" on the basis of volatility and the world and his dog is trading one way on the short term.

But, always one to change an opinion quickly, I'm afriad I now have to join the ranks of those leaving due to just a plain old flawed platform. The invisibility of positions, the lag in getting a confirmation of a trade placed, and now the lag of open positions that have been accepted appearing on the Open Positions window. It's all too much for me, and as I have made no bones of saying, CS is my play money account with nothing more than £10 per pip at stake on most occasions.

I will be leaving too, and probably to GFT UK.

I am loath to incur the wrath of moderators by posting this in a CS spread, but has anyone tried GFT at around that level of trade?

Cheers,
Dave

Dave.

This week`s performance was poor widened spreads , phone only and slow fills

Looking at reasons for some of the above we can conclude the volatility contributed

Phone only and not being able to get through via phone is a disgrace when the market is moving rapidly and trades are open .How does that stand with Capital Spreads , i`d like a reply

Apparently for the 3rd time in as many weeks a generator fault

Is this to be believed ....i don`t know

The check open positions and "trade rejected" only to find it open doesn`t give confidence

Why does this happen .There seems to be a migration away at the moment on ADVFN because of some of these issues .They`re starting to get a bad name which they need to rectify quickly

A new generator is being replaced apparently so even though i`ve opened several other accounts i`ll see if it improves this week

In fairness IG and Fins ( these are real gutter bookies ..fins that is) have their own tricks

IG spike regularly out of hours and lousy customer service

Fins are plain and simple modern highwaymen

They`ve had a bad press this week has CS , i think some of the others have got away fairly easy

City index closed down
Fins also

Must have been a busy week in the sb offices .Rather than shirking the issue it would be a brave man who came on here took it on the chin accepted some of the grumbles as justified and addressed them .

I have not read through all the comments since my last post as I am on holiday but will do so over the next few days.

Undoubtably CS performed badly due to a series of events which were as catastophic as they were embarassing. We were not helped by the LSE trading system, the CBOT/CME, LIFFE and our FX providers all either falling over or failing to deliver streaming prices. Also due to massive demand over and above expectations.

We actually did have two power cuts in our building over the past two weeks and unfortunately due to errors in the delivery of crucial components in our back up generators (yes we do have them) we had to invoke our disaster recovery site. This meant that for some markets we were unable to accept trades for up to half an hour. Last week was obviously not one for this kind of thing to happen what with the extreme volatility. The generators are now online and the same problem should not re-occur.

We have many upgrades being developed at the moment including a complete site functionality rebuild. These were commissioned over a year ago but (as with all IT) the delivery times have slipped. Our developers are constantly increasing capabilities but unfortunately the last six months have just been ridiculous in terms of price volatility and therefore trade numbers. We quote close to three thousand different markets and, in normal busy times, these prices will update quite frequently. Over the past week we have the extraordinary situation where virtually every price we quote is changing every second ..hour after hour after hour. This puts huge strains on systems (as all our competitors would no doubt agree). Average trades per day, running positions, order monitors, are three times the level of last August and this was not an increase that we expected in the time scale.

We have several systems upgrades going up this weekend so we should not have the problems of last week. But we are continually increasing power and processing ability.

Please be aware that we are primerally an internet trading company. As is the LSE/LIFFE/CME etc but at least we do actually have telephone dealers and Customer Services people that you can talk to. With DR when the systems fail (as some exchanges did last week) there is nowhere for you to go.

Simon

Simon has, at least, got the balls to come on here and state his case!
Yes I agree with that. At least he doesn't run away as some others would do in his situation. He come back here to give his version and explain the erratic behavior that has lately been a trademark of CS service. However, I do not for a minute, believe that the system, platform and exchange feed faults can explain sufficiently the breakdown of CS service this past week. A volatile market is something that CS has to be able to cope with, as it is a major part of how the market moves. This has to be taken into account before building a hardware and software structure. An acceptable execution model during such a fast moving market is also very important. Hopefully the service will get better this coming week, for it can hardly get any worse.

Ok. Lets keep last weeks issues aside. One thing I've been struggling with for a long time now is trying to change "Portfolio". The damned "bin" icon doesn't work properly ! I mean how difficult is it to fix that?!!

However my biggest problem is "Please check open positions" after placing a trade - which takes forever to populate while the market moves all over the place. This is totally unacceptable.
How can one place a trade and not know whether its been declined or accepted straight away?

I'm glad the issues are clarified now. This makes my decision to move my business elsewhere much easier. From what I gather I'm not the only one. Hope CS sort themselves out pretty quick.

Functionality

Simon mentioned in his latest post "complete site functionality rebuild" and also a system upgrade this past weekend. I am sure looking forward to this upgrade as the platform functionality is rather poor. I like to keep my dealer ticket window open for a longer period of time. I immediately noticed today, to my surprise, there was no timeout of this window. This is really good news as it has been on my wish list for a year.

Simon mentioned in his latest post "complete site functionality rebuild" and also a system upgrade this past weekend. I am sure looking forward to this upgrade as the platform functionality is rather poor. I like to keep my dealer ticket window open for a longer period of time. I immediately noticed today, to my surprise, there was no timeout of this window. This is really good news as it has been on my wish list for a year.
I am sorry to say that CS has gone back to old habits, 4 minutes timeout again on the dealer ticket window.

Simon, why don't you display the traded position right away, one has to wait up to 30 sec. before it becomes accessible, during that time the market has moved away. Are CS playing an orchestrated trick again? Please explain why, because honestly, this is getting to be quite annoying.

Agree.

Can't find a reply to that one, Simon. Could you elucidate ?

Agree.

Can't find a reply to that one, Simon. Could you elucidate ?

I had a new one today as well. Closed out a position, I got the "an error has occurred please check your positions". I did this, and the trade was not visible in the Open Positions.

I was just about to log out of the platform and finish for the day, when just as I logged out I saw the position reappear in the Open Positions window. I quickly logged back and there it was, as if I hadn't closed it. I closed it again and this time it went though without a problem.

Now that one worried me rather than frustrated me.

Dave

Its quite simple, CS are very unreliable. Dont use them.

I think I tend to see it in the same way I do a favourite restaurant. If I dine their regularly for 5 years, and it was a good experience, then I keep going back.

After 1 or 2 bad meals, I would start to worry, but put it down to a change in chef, or renovations in the kitchen. I would make my complaints known and then monitor the situation - keen for my old dining haunt to recover to previous standards.

After trying it a few more times, if the experience has still not improved, I would assume that the restaurant had decided to take a different route. I would then start to seek elsewhere.

I think CS have reached that final stage for me. But I'm still trying out alternate retaurants to see if they are actually any better, but in the mean time I am dining out less at my old favourite and asking others for opinions.

Cheers,
Dave

I had a new one today as well. Closed out a position, I got the "an error has occurred please check your positions". I did this, and the trade was not visible in the Open Positions.

I was just about to log out of the platform and finish for the day, when just as I logged out I saw the position reappear in the Open Positions window. I quickly logged back and there it was, as if I hadn't closed it. I closed it again and this time it went though without a problem.

Now that one worried me rather than frustrated me.

Dave

WORLDSPREADS Done the same to me. Bloody rogues they are, all of them.