Best Thread Capital Spreads

They`ve also increased margins recently trading on a stock under £4 they`re using 0.6 either side

That`s another increase , they`re starting to become greedy

They`ve also increased margins recently trading on a stock under £4 they`re using 0.6 either side

That`s another increase , they`re starting to become greedy

Are you sure it is greed and not just the cost of dealing in a more volatile market?

CMC widened their equity spreads recently if I recall correctly.

Are you sure it is greed and not just the cost of dealing in a more volatile market?

CMC widened their equity spreads recently if I recall correctly.

I think that is possible that clients find it slightly easier to make smaller scalp type trades in higher volatility markets. These types of trades will tend to cost the firms as they wont / dont have time to jump in and out of the underlying with the client positions.

Steve.

Can't believe this!

Massive price move on Gold rolling daily today in Capitalspreads.

For a moment it said "orders pending" so couldn't change any and after the dust settled I find that the orders are still open?!

The phone line is busy so can't get anybody to explain whats happened and why my orders "pending execution" are still open.

I'm trying to call up Capitalspreads and the lines are BUSY for the last 20 minutes +

I can understand lines being busy for max 5 minutes - but 20minutes? WTF is happening?

Yes i too found that today the phones , both dealers and customer services were pulled for some apparent reason .What the reason was i still don`t know .

I try to maintain balance and fairness in my opinions and today Capital spreads were very fair in their execution policy. I set profit stops on the dow and after the IBM release spike , it took a while but Capital spreads honoured the trades ( and so they should i hear you say) even after some volatilty and phone trading shenanigans ( i`m not sure why electronic trading was stopped ) .

The point to be made here is they have been seen to be fair . Customers of sb companies only want balance in their trading and consistency from the companies they trade with .I mentioned (complained ) earlier about achieving fills in volatile periods , perhaps limit orders may well be the solution

Well done today cap spreads

Perhaps you should address why telephones calls weren`t being answered

Yep, just given 289 SPX points back to Capital Spreads. I was short from Friday and took advantage of the spike at 7am this morning to close out manually to gain the points. Cap spreads gave the dough and left me with a huge smile which was just wiped off when they withdrew the cash from my account. The "helpful" Nick said that this morning they honoured all positions including people stopped by the spike but have had to now reverse this and re-open the stopped out positions after CME busted the spike. Hope this helps folk with their longs.....

" You should always know whether you have a fill, do not have a fill, or are waiting for a fill. Being told to "check open positions" to see if a deal was done or not is not cool"

That's my constant bone with CS. I also agree with the comment from whomever said "use the right tools for the job". CS is my play money, but even at those sums I find I cant live with the delay and the rejected prices, but I find the uncertainty is the issue. The OPEN POSITIONS screen seems very hit and miss.

I haven't really found a great broker for news trading, and certainly none amongst the spread betting companies - and I've traded news fundamentals in tandem with technicals for a lot of years.

I have found CS are pretty good at refunding losses incurred this way, but it doesnt help the mindset. I know I couldn't cope trading my professional account that way, so basically I don't. I trade it with a full broker (in Canada, my second home, as it happens) and I pay tax.

Cheers,
Dave

Last edited:
two things happened today which obviously p****d off clients.

the first was a 'fat finger error' on the S&P futures by some stupid idiot at 07.01 . Obviously we must take every trade on the futures market as a full and fair price transaction. Therefore we reflected the futures prices on our trading platform. Some four hours later the CME decided to 'bust the trades' above and below the printed high and low. (obviously somebody rather more powerful than us had made some monumental loss and complained to the exchange, who, for some obscure reason, let them off). this meant that we had to go back four hours and look at every single trade/stop/new order (and I can tell you there were a lot) and re-allocate the fills.

i know some people with surprising profits are annoyed but on the other hand I have to admit that it benefited those with activated stops a good deal more.

the second problem was a power cut to our building which took us some minutes to overcome. The vast majority of clients were unaffected and a large number of punters managed to get very favorable deals away on stalled prices as the market chose that moment to move sharply higher(none of which we went back and rejected). Sometimes being the bookie is not all fun and games.

simon

Position not accessable!

Simon, why don't you display the traded position right away, one has to wait up to 30 sec. before it becomes accessible, during that time the market has moved away. Are CS playing an orchestrated trick again? Please explain why, because honestly, this is getting to be quite annoying.

Simon, why don't you display the traded position right away, one has to wait up to 30 sec. before it becomes accessible, during that time the market has moved away. Are CS playing an orchestrated trick again? Please explain why, because honestly, this is getting to be quite annoying.

You need to move, buddy. Just go elsewhere. If you are a short term trader, you can actually lose with them doing this stuff. No body should lose because they can't access their position. You must be able to get in and out when you want. You should expect slippage or even requote, but this business of being unable to do anything is nonesense.

Just tried to make a position on EUR/CAD. 30 Seconds before and 30 seconds after 2pm the market wasn't accessible. These are the types of dirty tricks one would expect from a back street bookies. Maybe it's time to work with proper brokers...

Right! Had enough of CS now. They have just done what they do best. Close trading for instruments!

Truly dreadful service from CS today - major instruments either closed or subject to phone trades - except, they don't answer the phone. Shame, but sooner or later all SB firms turn into back street bookies.

And their 1 point FTSE cash spread, gone to 4 points.That is if you can place a trade:LOL: What a joke. I can not see why you all put up with it.

And their 1 point FTSE cash spread, gone to 4 points.That is if you can place a trade:LOL: What a joke. I can not see why you all put up with it.

went as high as 6 points on the ftse today.:eek:

next time anyone calls them ask for john wane they will all rush to the phone bunch of cowboys.

During an incredibly volatile market like today's, I can understand a widened spread at times, especially on an instrument like FTSE, where CS 1 point spread is almost in line with that of the real market quote.

During an incredibly volatile market like today's, I can understand a widened spread at times, especially on an instrument like FTSE, where CS 1 point spread is almost in line with that of the real market quote.

If I remember corectly didnt you used to defend worldspreads :sleep:

Last edited:
I have been with capital spreads for a good number of years and at present I think they "really need to sort thier act out" as its becoming Mickey mouse in terms of price lag etc fills.

rgds