Best Thread Capital Spreads

potshot

i can only assure that it hasnt happened to other people. the only similar thing is when the timer going for 30 seconds and you then get the 'check your open positions message' this is often when your trade ticket is no longer actually connected to the middle office trade processing system.

Many of these problems we find difficult to analyse as we do not have all the info.

yesterday i left for the office at six in the morning and got back at after eight in the evening I had left the platform open before i left and when i got back i just clicked on trade and it went through in a fraction of a second. (and i have to say in all honesty that my intenet connection is frankly c**p).

but with prices moving absolutely madly over the last few weeks please forgive by saying that i find it more likely that the ticket price had momentarily flicked to a new price as you clicked the 'trade' button.

but as lancen says please take a screen shot of the event next time so we can get a better bit of dagnostics going (possibly with an exact time event) i.e to the second

simon

Simon I can assure it did happen, I would not say it happened if it didn't happen. I believe the ticker froze but for some reason put the trade through at a different price than what was on the ticker. Simon answer me this. Phantom withdrawals from peoples bank account are meant to be impossible and the banks swear their system would not let it happen but its been proven it can happen and why 75% of phantom withdrawals are refunded. When something is software based anything can happen and I can assure you there is a problem somewhere. The price was static and not moving, I know when a price gaps and i know when I see a static price and today watching the market move the on the ticker would stutter and then catch up. Can you explain why my trade showed no profit or lose but just stopped me out, there was no gap on the chart.

I can understand you believe your dealers when they say it is impossible but it seems its not impossible as proven by my experience. I did the trade twice at the same price so when I clicked on done the price came back to 16 and didn't move and it was a few seconds after placing the second trade it pluttered into like, but suppose that trade or both trades went into profit but never saw the profit so I couldn't close it when it was in profit. I am not saying they did go into profit but its possible seeing what happened. Don't you think it strange after I clicked done the ticker showed 16 again and didn't move when I was stopped out and I was so sure it would go down I hit it again at 16 but as I said before it wasn't until a few seconds before the ticker pluttered into life on the second trade so what was the price in the few seconds before it pluttered into life. Can you understand why I feel cheated because the market did fall shortly afterwards.

I am not happy with what happened and if it happened to you wouldn't be happy either and I bet its happened to other people as well. Youdon't have to believe me when I said what happened but I know it happened. The ticker should never freeze and its something I would expect from worldspreads platform but I have never experienced a freezing ticker with any other SB company. I think capitalspreads should be finding out why the ticker is freezing as proved by other people who have seen and posted on here. I don't have a silly cheap computer bought in pcworld or comets but a custom built pc of the highest spec with a i7 930 processor and 6GB of corsair PC12800 1600MHZ, asus mobo 775 socket intel chipset and I have fibre internet at 30mbps with a average tested speed of around 28mbps and my average ping is 15ms so my system is not slow.
Lets say I agree both with you and Simon, this happened to me once, the volatility was crazy after figures, the order window just kept spinning resulting in I got slipped over 100 points, from the price shown when I clicked (got the trade reversed though). On the other hand I have also made videos of my trades, in nearly 100% the price had actually changed when I thought it hadn't, at the instance when I clicked.

gle

good to hear from u and thanks for the update. i see u have been barred/stopped trading on one of our competitors (or is this a general thing with SpreadBetting from work?) is there a reason for this?

the only people we have ever barred from our platform were some traders from the 'premium brand' who were being a bit cheeky and various other people who (over the years) have found bugs and tried (occasionally succeeded) to profit from them.

simon

gle

good to hear from u and thanks for the update. i see u have been barred/stopped trading on one of our competitors (or is this a general thing with SpreadBetting from work?) is there a reason for this?

the only people we have ever barred from our platform were some traders from the 'premium brand' who were being a bit cheeky and various other people who (over the years) have found bugs and tried (occasionally succeeded) to profit from them.

simon
You are welcome. Me barred/stopped from trading, you must be joking.:)

gle

simon

what were the IG boys and girls doing that was a bit cheeky?

He was probably referring to their own future and CFDs service.

yeah, you're right - he probably banned his own employees from trading on a platform they obviously can't trade on PA anyway :rolleyes:

he means IG staff.

just let the man answer the qustion - i'm intrigued!

So he never mentioned IG then..

look, i have absolutely no interest in conversing with you. he obviously meant IG, and i have aked him a very simple question out of personal curiosity, which i'm sure he is more than capable of answering for himself.

look, i have absolutely no interest in conversing with you. he obviously meant IG, and i have aked him a very simple question out of personal curiosity, which i'm sure he is more than capable of answering for himself.

Stop trying to make mischief..I'm sure Simon ain't as stoopid as you imagine..He mentions IG, then you run off to IG, like a little schoolgirl and 'tell on him'...

all very unusual. i really have no idea why you feel the need to talk to me.

Question for Simon:

Assuming you meant you had banned some IG staff for being cheeky, would you share what type of cheekiness they were getting up to?

Strange..I see it as very predictable..

just to iterate; my question was for simon, not for you. i have no interest in talking with you, and would be obliged if we could just ignore each other from now on as i have never gleaned anything useful from your posts and you obvously have some sort of problem with mine. hopefully that means we don't need to interact any more.

simon, if you don't feel like answering don't worry - the only reason i asked was to hear what sort of cheekiness was going on as i was a bit bored, nothing more.

just to iterate; my question was for simon, not for you. i have no interest in talking with you, and would be obliged if we could just ignore each other from now on as i have never gleaned anything useful from your posts and you obvously have some sort of problem with mine. hopefully that means we don't need to interact any more.

simon, if you don't feel like answering don't worry - the only reason i asked was to hear what sort of cheekiness was going on as i was a bit bored, nothing more.

:D

I totally agreed, I have been ringing the customer services due to a whole list of problems eversince the chart update. I wasn't even able to credit my account at a critical time as the stupid system couldn't find my card details which I entered and passed the 3d security many times. I have now stopped using CP as I absolutely have no confidence in it. I was misgudied by the chart quite a few times not knowing it's frozen! I failed to close positions tons of times as either the ticket froze or it expire! I can't even credit my account even when I rang up as they couldn't find my card details despite the fact that I have done the transactions more than 10 times in the last 2 weeks!

It's obvious there is something wrong with their system as otherwise they would have found my bank card details which I have made more than 10 transactions in the previous 2 weeks.

I have to agree with potshot as the system was very slow yesterday and sometimes ticket wasn't updating in line with the graph.
Also, my friend had a problem closing a gold position when the markets were pretty quiet.

I think CS platform is much less unstable after the release of the new charting package... Sorry Simon but it seems it has too many bugs.

I totally agreed, I have been ringing the customer services due to a whole list of problems eversince the chart update. I wasn't even able to credit my account at a critical time as the stupid system couldn't find my card details which I entered and passed the 3d security many times. I have now stopped using CP as I absolutely have no confidence in it. I was misgudied by the chart quite a few times not knowing it's frozen! I failed to close positions tons of times as either the ticket froze or it expire! I can't even credit my account even when I rang up as they couldn't find my card details despite the fact that I have done the transactions more than 10 times in the last 2 weeks!

It's obvious there is something wrong with their system as otherwise they would have found my bank card details which I have made more than 10 transactions in the previous 2 weeks.
Had some problem myself with the online card payment, it went though after a couple of trials though.

Sorry, but I can not understand why some SB traders solely depend on the SB own charting package only.

Simon, any plans for a 1 point spread on the Dow. Sorry for taking this up again, but my business is for the most part going elsewhere now.