Best Thread Capital Spreads

Just found this thread, very interested in CapitalSpreads, as I have lost access to Fins and IG due to :devilish: :devilish: :devilish: firewall at work.

Have had a go at the trial, and seems fair enough, so pretty tempted to move my account.

Bit disappointed at the number of shares available - can someone clear up the state of play on this - does the demo system now include all the shares available in the live system, or is it still a subset?

Also, as I've only just picked this thread up and started reading from the beginning, before I realised it was a year old, I'd like to address the very important question that didn't really get a satisfactory answer earlier on:

Newtron Bomb said:
What do you think of the 4-3-4 formation:?:

My view is that you'd get heavily penalised for having 12 players on the pitch :LOL:

Babeny2001

Although I have no personal experience of trading FX I would suggest this is one such instrument that would be volatile.

Bit disappointed at the number of shares available - can someone clear up the state of play on this - does the demo system now include all the shares available in the live system, or is it still a subset?

Rookie

I you read the whole thread you will see the demo version does not contain all that one can trade in C.S....
just sufficient to try your hand whilst simulated trading.

John

:!: does anyone knows if is it normal the advfn.com livechart of the dow gives a +46 or 9946 and my quote is is 9913 ?
...and cannot be from connection because I'm in 516 kb...

Uncle said:
... I you read the whole thread you will see the demo version does not contain all that one can trade in C.S....

I read the first ~10 pages and the last couple - I could see that it started with the limit, that there was discussion on whether the demo would pick up all the markets, and wanted to know whether it was still a limited number (preferably without reading all umpteen pages of the thread.

Thanks for the reply - it appears that the demo is still limited - I'll open an account and see what coverage the full monty has.

Last edited:
CMC live prices are showing DOW a around the price you quote for Capitalspreads suggest you check what the ADVFN chart is actually of (these are cash chart prices)

zzaaxx

on the live site we quote the FTSE 250 and 100 the DAX, CAC, AEX, DOW, Nasdaq 100 and the S&P 500 (not all the US shares are there we generally only put them on when requested) we quote a selection of these shares on daily quotes, again this is by request and we are about to launch rolling bets.

we only quote shares which are exchange traded (i.e no market maker stocks)

we also quote a whole range of commodities, interest rate products, indices and a wide span of FX products.

babeny

i am a bit worried that you have price declined on a regular basis ... i can understand the crude declines because the price comes from an open outcry pit which basically depends upon some guy on the side of the pit manually entering trades / bids / offers into the quote system... this means that in recent times the price can be very varied... i know this may sound unfair, but from our point of view we do our best to give a fair quote but have to accept that the word 'fair' has to work both ways. If we have a client trying to buy at 50.25 and we can see the price is at 50.35 we are unlikely to accept the trade. Sometimes we do though !!

if you continue to have problems can you call our tech guys on the customer service line and we will try to find out what is happening.

Simon

Hi Simon

Hows about offering online prices for NYMEX Natural Gas and Heating Oil ? and possibly unleaded gasoline too.

Are these markets available ?

Thanks

Anyone else having problems getting to CS demo accounts this morning?

Resolved now!

Last edited:
Perrington

i will look at those products and see if we can offer some sort of price... do you have any idea about which of the various products is the most liquid... there appear to be about twenty natural gas

simon

I was trying to close a trade earlier today and the little box came up saying that it couldn't close it, and asked me to re-try before flashing up with the closing trade box again.

I wouldn't have minded but the price went against me, but i was still in profit, so i tried to close again while i'm in profit and then a box came up saying that the position couldn't be closed because it already had been. So i went to the "my account" screen and was informed that it closed at the original price.

So it wasn't all bad but it was still annoying and confusing, especially as we all know that time is crucial.

Hope this doesn't put you off using them as i think they're generally pretty good, IMHO

#PJ#

Simon,

When I have an Order in place ie Sell, Buy or Limit it sometimes takes a few minutes before these are filled after hitting the entry price. This can be annoying especially when wanting to either take a quick profit or if the price is going against you. Do you have any plans for quicker fills when an order price is met ?

jaykay3 said:
Simon,

When I have an Order in place ie Sell, Buy or Limit it sometimes takes a few minutes before these are filled after hitting the entry price. This can be annoying especially when wanting to either take a quick profit or if the price is going against you. Do you have any plans for quicker fills when an order price is met ?

Patience my friends, is all.
You cannot do anything but wait until it's placed, even if you stop/close it straight away.
Also the price is honored anyway.

No need to worry.

#PJ#

Simon

I was under the impression that its quite simply Nymex Natural Gas Futures, (NYMEX NG) just like Nymex Light Crude Futures. The Natural Gas Futures are as liquid as Crude... Natural Gas could be traded along the same lines as the Copper, wider spreads with smaller ticks.... If you were to start quoting on Nymex Natural Gas Nov contract or Dec, dont make a great deal of difference, you would be the first of the SB firms to do so. Thereby setting a precedent in the market, and leading the way!. Iam sure many people interested in trading in the energy sectors would relish the chance to trade the Natural Gas spreads. Nymex NG rose 21% last week alone, reaching a 19 month high.

Perrington.

everyone

we have had a few comments about interest on accounts... or rather the lack of it.

most of the SB companies initially said they would pay interest on account and then realised that if you pay interest you then have to manage it for the inland revenue. Paying the client is not difficult, but reporting to the IR with relevent (and accurate) NI numbers for every single client / deducting 25% and paying it to the revenue etc etc etc.... is rather more time consuming and complex. Also many clients do not want to give this kind of information to a company which in the long run is just a ''bookie'' (and some do not want the IR to know everything about them !!!)

At the end of the day SB companies are not Banks , clients can move their funds in and out of their interest baring bank accounts without cost, as required, and with no notice.

If it was me, I would have my money in ING and would only credit it to my SB account when required and then take it out again when not..... But then.... I am not allowed to give advice

I would rather get a fair price than worry about a small bit of interest. A tight price will effectively pay your annual interest on each trade time and time again.

Simon

Last edited:
The ingenuity of these people to be able to spin a reason why it is to your benefit to let them keep the interest generated on YOUR money is astonishing.

D4Free pay interest. If CS will not pay interest on YOUR money and you insist on dealing with bookmakers then, perhaps, try D4F.

On the other hand, why on earth don't you go to a quality direct access broker?

Lev11

Why sound so cross?? What Simon said about interest makes sense, and C S do not require you keep big margins - only sufficient to cover the trade/s you dealing in.

Methinks thou does not have an account with C.S. and therfore prefer to 'knock' rather than be constructive.

John

No intention of knocking anyone.

Just irritates me when commercial operations appear to make spurious excuses for depriving their customers of what is theirs.

If you are content to give them your money then feel free. Perhaps you would like to send me a slice as well!

Better option

LevII said:
No intention of knocking anyone.

Just irritates me when commercial operations appear to make spurious excuses for depriving their customers of what is theirs.

If you are content to give them your money then feel free. Perhaps you would like to send me a slice as well!

As far as I know D4F now require £10k clear overnight before you'll get base less 2%. I can think of better things to do with my £10k.