Best Thread Capital Spreads

0007- it is working as before, give them a ring and find out why.

ref. leonarda- i thought there would be any problems on new platform but still can't delete them from the favourite folder.

CAPITAL- SORT it out, it has been going on for a while now.
also need to introduce a set up for more favourite folders.

Originally Posted by leonarda
Hi,
I'm thinking of ressurecting my CapitalSpreads account, however having just logged on I see the annoying "Undeleteable" entries in "My Portfolio" problem still exists. I have a set of 7 entries that I just can't delete, ie.I hit Delete, they dissappear (good!), then logout and back in again and the damn entries reappear!! If I add new entries I can successfully delete them, it just seems this set of 7 entries from months ago wont delete!!! I raised this as an issue about 6 months ago, but obviously hasn't been fixed...
Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

Yep, still a problem on the new platform. I raised a "problem" with them last night, and they haven't fixed it but there is a workaround("method") to remove the bad entries. There response and instructions:

We are aware of the problem with the 'My Portfolio' page, which a few of our clients are still experiencing. Our IT team are working on this and will have it fixed as soon as possible.

In the meantime, we are not able to re-set your portfolio, but we have a quick fix that you can do to remove markets from your portfolio:

1) Delete the market from the Watch List (e.g. "FTSE Rolling Daily")
2) Find the exact same item using the "Search" box
3) Add the market to the Watch List.
4) Go back to Watch List and delete the item again.

When you then logout of your account and log back in, the market should be removed.

It worked for me!

thanks LEO- worked for me as well.

now hope they introduce a set up for more favourite folders.

no probs.
and ditto on "favourite folders" a real need there for mulitple watch lists...at least for me I need some extra help remembering why i'm watching something..!!

Why trade with this joke in the first place then make fuss. There are many sb and cfd brokers about. I traded with them when I realised they were cheating me I closed my account. I trade stocks , their spread is big on stocks plus to get fill even £5 a point you have to wait.

Why trade with this joke in the first place then make fuss. There are many sb and cfd brokers about. I traded with them when I realised they were cheating me I closed my account. I trade stocks , their spread is big on stocks plus to get fill even £5 a point you have to wait.
Could you elaborate on this more please? Im thinking of trying CS again with new setup?...

yes, i'm interested in your reasoning as well please? their spreads on stocks are very tight, half the size of IG's.

leonarda

yes his answer should be interesting

the fact is that CS quotes better prices(spreads), better margins, better fill levels and for longer trading sessions, overall, than for any other provider ... overall we believe that the service for CS clients is second to none.

And here I include DMA (of which i have extensive personal experience) .. I miss trades on DMA far more frequently than any SB platform that I use simply because on a DMA system I am trading against computers who can move the price faster than I ( a mere human) can accept it. But obviously others will have different experiences.

The one thing that trading on DMA has on a SB offering is that there is, truely, nobody else to blame but yourself. If you lose then you lose... with an SB platform if a client loses he/she can always blame the supplier (CS,IG,City or whoever).

and yes i do know that we are not perfect ... CS is a market maker not an exchange...we do, in the final reckoning, have a choice to accept any bet/trade... over 99pc of trade requests are accepted (unfortunately the rejections tend to be concentrated in a tiny number of clients who have been placed on dealer acceptance) traders may not like this but they should look on it in the same way that I look at a missed DMA trade... swear .. and make the trade again.

simon

leonarda

yes his answer should be interesting

the fact is that CS quotes better prices(spreads), better margins, better fill levels and for longer trading sessions, overall, than for any other provider ... overall we believe that the service for CS clients is second to none.

And here I include DMA (of which i have extensive personal experience) .. I miss trades on DMA far more frequently than any SB platform that I use simply because on a DMA system I am trading against computers who can move the price faster than I ( a mere human) can accept it. But obviously others will have different experiences.

The one thing that trading on DMA has on a SB offering is that there is, truely, nobody else to blame but yourself. If you lose then you lose... with an SB platform if a client loses he/she can always blame the supplier (CS,IG,City or whoever).

and yes i do know that we are not perfect ... CS is a market maker not an exchange...we do, in the final reckoning, have a choice to accept any bet/trade... over 99pc of trade requests are accepted (unfortunately the rejections tend to be concentrated in a tiny number of clients who have been placed on dealer acceptance) traders may not like this but they should look on it in the same way that I look at a missed DMA trade... swear .. and make the trade again.

simon
Thanks for the reply simon,

Why would one be put on dealer acceptance? for what reasons?..

Would one have any differences if trading at £1 per point than at £100 per point?

Thanks

their spreads on stocks are very tight, half the size of IG's? Sounds like someone from cs has posted this.

ac007 you really do not understand spreads on equities at all

on FTSE 100 stock (over 80pc of all the equity trades we do) we quote 0.1pc 'all in' around the market price. I believe that IG quote 0.2pc 'all in' around the market quote.... count it 0.1 vs 0.2 is ... ta dah 'twice the spread' ...

in reality only 8pc of all our trades are in equities ..the vast majority (82pc of all trades) are in just nine markets [FTSE, Dax, Dow, S&P, Gold, Oil, GBP/USD, EUR/USD, USD/YEN] all of which we either quote the same or tighter than our competitors. I believe that if you quote the most popular markets (by far) at the best prices then you can reasonably claim to be offering a good service.

Si55

this has been answered quite a few times but ... if you trade £100 pounds a point in virtually any market you will go to a dealer as we have threshold levels on auto accept. A client who trades multiple times a day may be put on dealer acceptance (multiple times means 20 times or more every day ..day after day) as we might consider him/her to be overtrading their account or, finally, if we suspect a client of continually trading on price latency.

Simon

Last edited:
Morning Simon,

Quick question re Capital Spreads vs Dealing Desk...

Overnight I had placed a limit order on GBPUSD to sell at 1.5575 on CS. (I like the new platform by the way).

During the day I tend to day trade / recklessly punt using Dealing Desk whilst keeping the CS account for longer term trades. The spreads on the instruments which I am interested in are identical.

This morning I observed that your quote on GBPUSD went to 1.5575 bid (on the DD platform) and as such I would reasonably expect that your CS quote would have done the same given that you have specified many times that you simply take a market price and then wrap a spread around it. I notice now that for some reason that the limit order didnt get filled? Any reason why LCG would appear to have two differing quotes on what is essentially the same market with identical spreads? Sods law dicates now that the trade should now be over 100 pips in my favour!!

Would love you here your views?

Steve.

PS Something similar happened the other evening with a stop order on another fx pair. When I phoned in I pointed out that your low was 2 pips lower than any other quote (including DD). The dealer offered to credit me the 2 pips which was nice but in theory the price never actually hit the stop loss.

Great work with the new platform Simon. I like the fact that the demo platform now runs off your Live Prices. A good demo platform is somthing that the entire spreadbetting market has been missing.

By far the biggest improvement for me is that the tickets which pop up when trying to place an order are now usable on a small notebook like the Samsung NC10. On the old platform there wasnt quite enough screen space for the ticket which meant that the button to send the order was off the bottom of the screen and couldn't be pressed.

Steve.

By far the biggest improvement for me is that the tickets which pop up when trying to place an order are now usable on a small notebook like the Samsung NC10. On the old platform there wasnt quite enough screen space for the ticket which meant that the button to send the order was off the bottom of the screen and couldn't be pressed.

Steve.

Just a thought, but wouldn't changing the screen res or zoom level have fixed that problem?

few changes are still needed in your new platform.
- multiple favourite folders.
- able to auto-resize open/history window (like my favourite folder), to fit the width of window.
- need "x" button (to close window if not needed) on both main windows (fav. and open/history window)
-able to auto- resize ticket window.

hope capital make changes as soon as possible.

Hi Simon

Is there any plans for capital spreads or tradefair to launch an iphone app / mobile trading platform any time soon?

Thanks

stevespray

the simple answer to you query on price levels of DD vs CS is that they do ocasionally actually have different price engines. One platform is hosted in Kent and the other in Hertfordshire. For security reasons we have three FX price feeds, sometimes for reasons best known to IT a particular feed may go down and so we have to switch to one of the others.

As you may be aware all FX feeds use different providers and so will occasionally have differening prices/highs/lows etc. This does not happen on exchange derived prices as all feeds come from one source.

jonty

mobile access ..on the road map

top trader

you can 'tear off' all the windows (and the trade tickets) and make them whatever size you like

simon

Last edited: