Best Thread Capital Spreads

Simon, so is Intertrader same as Capitalspreads as far as margins/spreads/financing costs are concerned?

Also, I understand the marketing behind low initial margins, but what are the rates for after hours for us traders that allocate proper capital to positions? And financing costs more importantly.

CS charges base plus or minus 2pc (less than all the other Spread Betting companies other than our own White Labels, i believe). Margin is the same no matter what time you trade. Spreads are the same for the vast majority of markets that are open 24hrs the major exceptions are the FTSE and Dax which have no underlying market betwen 21.00 and 08.00/07.00 respectively and so have a wider spread at these times. eg EUR/USD is 1 pip at 15.00 in the afternoon and 03.00 in the morning

simon

Hi Guys,

Relatively new here. With about a years trading experience, I've had some success and quite a few battle scars so to speak.

I currently use CS to trade the FTSE due to it's 1 point spread.

My trading plan eventually will take me up to trade £200 per point

Would the wise men among us continue to use CS or would you move on to another SB company?

Would I be looked upon by CS as a threat to their bottom line or wouldn't their care as their TO BIG TO CARE.

Once again I will be looking to make or lose £2k per day. £200 per point. Max stop loss 10 points, take profit 10 points from entry.

I must admit I've used CS for sometime without any complaints.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Guys,

Relatively new here. With about a years trading experience, I've had some success and quite a few battle scars so to speak.

I currently use CS to trade the FTSE due to it's 1 point spread.

My trading plan eventually will take me up to trade £200 per point

Would the wise men among us continue to use CS or would you move on to another SB company?

Would I be looked upon by CS as a threat to their bottom line or wouldn't their care as their TO BIG TO CARE.

Once again I will be looking to make or lose £2k per day. £200 per point. Max stop loss 10 points, take profit 10 points from entry.

I must admit I've used CS for sometime without any complaints.

Thanks in advance!
Why do you want trade SB with that kind o money on the table? It sounds insane to me, but who am I to tell.:)

A very high stake and a short term trader, my guess you will be targeted very quickly.

Hi gle101!

Thanks for your speedy response. Very much appreciated and gets the dialogue going...

Like I said in my earlier post, it is my eventual plan, but before I go there I would seek advice, which is what I'm doing here.

In your opinion and this is open to all the community members...

What would be the max per point to trade SB with if you like with lets say CS and still be under the radar so to speak?

Last edited:
Hi gle101!

Thanks for your speedy response. Very much appreciated and gets the dialogue going...

Like I said in my earlier post, it is my eventual plan, but before I go there I would sought advice, which is what I'm doing here.

In your opinion and this is open to all the community members...

What would be the max per point to trade SB with if you like CS and still be under the radar so to speak?
It is my experience that SB look at the trade patterns, not always necessarily a high stake (hard to give a figure). If you are a high frequency trader (many trades within a short period of time), and on top of that have high stake bets you will get targeted sooner than later.

It is my experience that SB look at the trade patterns, not always necessarily a high stake (hard to give a figure). If you are a high frequency trader (many trades within a short period of time), and on top of that have high stake bets you will get targeted sooner than later.

I take 1 to 2 trades per day. Kindly clarify... what specifically do you mean by GET TARGETED SOONER OR LATER? Please forgive the ignorance.

I take 1 to 2 trades per day. Kindly clarify... what specifically do you mean by GET TARGETED SOONER OR LATER? Please forgive the ignorance.
With 2 trades a day I honestly do not think there will be a problem, but we are dealing with market makers and not direct market access. If you have high stake bets I see no reason to trade with SB. There are just too many things that can go wrong using SB compared to DMA, when trading on a higher entry level.

Thanks for your replies. Your response suggests that you don't just trade DMA. I'm being assumptive here... Who do you use for SB?

Thanks for your replies. Your response suggests that you don't just trade DMA. I'm being assumptive here... Who do you use for SB?
I have been trading with several SB through the years, CS being one among them, at the moment I like Dealingdesk. They are a white label operation by London Capital Group Ltd.. It is good to have access to several SB in case you need to hedge yourself out of a position.

gle101- agree, very old fashioned and not user friendly.

I closed my capital account and now using Dealingdesk.

Anyone know how many platform variations LCG uses? To me, the Paddypower version seems to work best, but the spreads are wider on most markets. Although Dealing Desk has some better features, it's slower and less stable. Maybe it depends on browser or OS?

Thanks Guys for your valuable input. It aids both mine and the communities trading education.

Cheers to you too GLE 101!