Best Thread Capital Spreads

We will not change the price that the client has dealt on ....but if the market has moved too far we may not allow the trade.

There is a bit of quid pro quo here. There are two scenarios, either you (our client) accept that an order is a market order in which case you accept slippage in the price (like TradIndex) or you accept that the order is a one off price trade which is only valid for that moment in time (Nearly everyone else).

We, at capital spreads, have gone along the route of either the trade is done at the price or it is not. Either way you will recieve a confirmation within a few seconds of the situation.

Cheers Simon,

Thanks for that sounds the fairer option to me. Don't like scarey surprises like the one I got.

sorry dazzam I missed your second question.

Account opening should take about 5 -10 minutes after you have filled out ans submitted the online application form. Assuming you do so between 09.00 and 17.00 (i have to unchain my backoffice staff sometime)

Account now set up like above in a matter of minutes. Now up and ready. Will be better once account funding is through system.

Is it the same hours for funding the account 9-5.

Do you open with a deposit account ( Minimumamount) or simply pay in a sum to cover your stop each time you trade?

Yeah a deposit account, I am just looking to put an amount in rather than per trade.

we can accept funds at any time between 07:00 and 21:00.

If you fill out an application form between those times the chances are that someone will pick it up and process it as well.

The stop system works on how much money you have on account, so you cannot trade and then enter money.

Capital Spreads,

How come your live charts are 15mins delayed??? :rolleyes:

Niether use nor ornament- will only start trading with you when the charts are live as D4F. :(

as per previous missives , we are working on live chart data but due to exorbitant demands from the exchanges we are having to do a bit of lateral thinking to get them out o our clients.

Live charts will be coming, but not for a few weeks yet.

Sorry......

Simon

ps. our prices are still there so you can still take advantage of our tight quotes whilst looking at somebody else's charts.... cheeky i know but best i can do at the mom.

cheers

Thanks.

However, you can do so with tradeindex - 10 point stop, for example, therefore deposit that amount. If trade goes against you and your stop is triggered then thats it for that trade.

neil yes, if you deposit 100 pounds on your account then do the trade in say the daily FTSE in £3 a point you can then move the stop to where ever you wish even up to 10 points from the current price.

ok Simon,

Like the look of the charting package you are using at the mo. will be back when they are up & running -LIVE.

Cheers.

Simon
Thanks for the prompt reply.
knowing one's loss in advance is essential. Setting a stop to guarantee one's limit of risk is prudent speculating.
Being able to do so without tying up lots of dead capital is very useful.

Just opened a demo account with CS - looks good so far. Desperately trying to move away from fins with their 7 point spread on DJ daily cash and can't use D4F MM software through the corporate firewall (is there a lite version that works thru a browser - couldn't find any info on their website).

BTW, does anyone know if the CS daily doow and ftse are auto rolled over od do they expire? My demo account says that my pos from friday is still open but I can't see any info anywhere that confirms this.

Apart from that - nice one CapitalSpreads!

It does not auto roll over it just expires, it should just close down. When I used the demo account there were smtimes some delays.

mombasa

the daily markets on friday were created so late that i decided to run them to the close today as a kind of 2 day daily market.

all of our daily markets expire at the end of the day. If you wish to roll them over you will have to ring us up. (within a reasonable distance from the close of the market) please dont ring up at 8.59 wanting to roll a daily dow position as this is guaranteed to wind my dealers up!!!

we have varying costs to roll but on most of the indices it is 1 point.

Simon

Simon,

Thx for that.

Presumably I can ask for rollover to happen everyday until I either cancel it or close? Would save me having to phone every day.

Cheers