Best Thread Capital Spreads

Yes and extremely expensive as well to develop your own platform from scratch. CS platform is not a sophisticated platform, just the basic features. A lot of clicks you say, what you can do is to work with "tear aways windows" or simply login to to a second session in order to have the necessary windows open. I am quite amazed of CS precise execution, you get the price you clicked on, period (very seldom rejections). The same goes for the stops, very dependable. I have not find it the same using the MT4 platform, with EA's and scripts you can have it all, but it is not as correct compared to CS platform when it comes to execution and executing stop loss orders.

Can you use MT4 for ordinary CS spreadbet? I didn't realise - nor that it would be possible to have two platforms running on the same account. I wonder if that applies to other SBs using the same basic setup?

vasco

as per my previous comment

the MT4 platform is a cfd platform as is the LCGmarkets platform. so not a spread bet account

at the moment accounts are not fungible across the various platforms but come back in a year(!?)

Can you use MT4 for ordinary CS spreadbet? I didn't realise - nor that it would be possible to have two platforms running on the same account. I wonder if that applies to other SBs using the same basic setup?
Yes correctly as Simon is pointing out, MT4 is only at the moment for CFDs. I didn't think of that as I trade both SB and CFDs with different providers.

on the question of cfds and spread bets all our clients can have a Spread bet and CFD account on capital spreads... you just have to ask for it and it gets switched on

then you can use the same funds to trade in the two different products.

some clients like to use it as a way of taking opposite positions in the same product with the same provider

the running p/l and available margin are all taken from the same pot

Simon

I am waiting for support to respond but I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing the firefox browser crashing due to trading capitalspreads or white label?

When it is working, it is great but having to reopen the browser is a pain. I really like firefox so I would like a solution regarding firefox.

So Simon, just got email from support. Hope the clearing cache and cookies does the trick.

You didn't seem to listen to my advice about changing something on the charts. But I hope something can be done about the following which actually may be linked to the problem of crashing browser.

When you enter a betting size, a cursor is left in there. Now if a CALL sign comes up, I have to enter the size again. I hope you agree, this is tedious. I tried to get around it by getting rid of the cursor by either entering a stop (cursor left in the stop box seems to be okay) but just in case I have got into the habit of getting the cursor out of the stop box as well by clicking in the order window. I suppose it can be any other place but this action sometimes ends up with the whole browser freezing.

Now you may think I am fussy but it has affected me in a bad way. I had been nursing losses all day with EURUSD and I missed a crucial short this afternoon because of the crashing. So instead of a healthy profit, I broke even. I like the platform but please try and fix this even if you think it is fussy.

Support says they cannot reproduce my problem. I had many tabs open before but I will have at most 3. 4 charts and the squawk. I hope this solves it.

Seems like you can log into the same account on another computer simultaneously so I will try this as well.

Last edited:
twinj

it is difficult sometimes to replicate individual client issues as we do not know exactly all the factors that might influence the platform on your individual computer.

concerning the 'ticket size' issue . this is on the road map but will not be a near delivery. It annoys me as well!

Simon

Simon

There was a large spike in the Dow30 earlier today at least on the chart. I didn't check on the platform but I assume the bid offer moved accordingly.

First, if someone traded that move short at the peak, would you have honoured it or you would ask for the money back?

Second, if someone was in a short trade before the event and the spike hit the stop loss, I assume the trade would be closed. Do customers have to phone in to fix the matter or can they just relax in the knowledge that everything will be reinstated as though the spike did not exist?

Third, which would be a rare case but what if there is a true spike moments later? I suppose the following is not too far fetched. Your spurious spike occurs moments before NFP announcement. A trader was thinking about exiting but this spurious spikes comes in and hits his stop loss. By the time you fix it, NFP does a similar move. scenario 1: You manage to fix it in time but moments later NFP comes but the previous spike made you lose concentration. Scenario 2: NFP announced before you fix it.

The spurious spike I saw yesterday happened I think in the morning. It shot up about perhaps 70 points in one minute and then the next minute, it came back down. It is no longer on their charts.

vasco

as per my previous comment

the MT4 platform is a cfd platform as is the LCGmarkets platform. so not a spread bet account

at the moment accounts are not fungible across the various platforms but come back in a year(!?)

Does this mean you might be providing spread betting through mt4 at a later date?

:-0

twinj
as with all erroneous prices neither we nor our clients can enforce such errors on either party

the error was caused by a dealer loading an old price calculator onto the engine... it resulted in some 200 incorrect trade actions (nearly all stops). all such erroneous trades/orders were cancelleled and the original positions reinstated . no client had to 'ring in' to get us to do what we should do.

a few very quick clients managed to sell at the higher prices (and even a few people actually came in and bought!).... all such trades were cancelled.

all trades made with Capital Spreads must be related to the underlying market or (in the case of out of hours markets) in a consistent manner with the related markets from which the price is calculated.

actually as mentioned there were a few massive moves the next night and day...

niel324

at the moment there is no plan to offer SB from an MT4 platform. The MT4 platform is really not good enough... you can only have a very limited number of markets on it which is why they tend to focus on just FX

simon

Probably my last post of the year

So to all of our clients . past, present and future

I wish you a Happy New Year

cheers

Simon

at the moment there is no plan to offer SB from an MT4 platform. The MT4 platform is really not good enough... you can only have a very limited number of markets on it which is why they tend to focus on just FX

simon

G**X manage to make MT4 work with plenty of markets for most of us, and in many ways it's a better platform than most SB offerings.

mmmm

i realise that for some people the MT4 platform appears to be the dogs ******** but for those of us actually in the industry it is unbelievably crude, slow and limited.

the only real thing it does above other systems is that it allows EA trading if your broker allows it.. but i have yet to find an EA that is actually any good in the long run. in general they are just money making exercises for the EA itself. MT4 is also very good for IBs and WLs as it allows very easy calculation of revenue from trade volumes..

but in the end not particularly great for clients.

This said LCG does now have an MT4 ECN for those clients who like this kind of thing. but it is a cfd not a spread bet

Simon

mmmm

i realise that for some people the MT4 platform appears to be the dogs ******** but for those of us actually in the industry it is unbelievably crude, slow and limited.

the only real thing it does above other systems is that it allows EA trading if your broker allows it.. but i have yet to find an EA that is actually any good in the long run. in general they are just money making exercises for the EA itself. MT4 is also very good for IBs and WLs as it allows very easy calculation of revenue from trade volumes..

but in the end not particularly great for clients.

This said LCG does now have an MT4 ECN for those clients who like this kind of thing. but it is a cfd not a spread bet

Simon

It's way short of being the dogs anythings, and the existence of plug-ins that can control the way it reacts is worrying, but in practice I find MT4 is faster than most SB platforms. After a year or two away, maybe I'll have to try Capitalspreads again, though.:)