Best Thread Capital Spreads

You cant be sure , everything is possible ...

Exactly so why put yourself into a situation where u even need to ask the question of possible manipulation? Thats why I stopped using them and all SB's a while ago, my stop was hit right on the nail then went in the direction I thought it would and cost me a few K.

I am not saying that CS manipulated the market for that 1-2 pips to hit my stop right on the nail, maybe maybe not, maybe that was the real market doing that to me and I did not make excuses to myself, but becasue I know they could and that doubt was in my mind it then made trading with SB's impossible and u may get to that stage at some point, plus speed and costs made me change also.

But anyway, enough of CS bashing, too easy a target and they do a very good job for the SB business model they are and demographic they are working towards, just keep them on their toes :)

Let me give them the benefit of the doubt and assume it was a software issue. Would you say that the DMA ECN software is more reliable? Or would you experience problems from time to time? Which ECN DMA company do you use?

Let me give them the benefit of the doubt and assume it was a software issue. Would you say that the DMA ECN software is more reliable? Or would you experience problems from time to time? Which ECN DMA company do you use?

It is more reliable yes but not that much , you would face technical problems as well ....

I use interactive brokers and dukascopy but they are on a different level and not in the same market as CS.

twinj mate, it is a journey u need to make as in finding what works for you, I have an account with virtually every one of them or at least did in the early days, not because I was ever really unhappy but becasue I was constantly looking for improvements on what they can provide as in platform, speed, price etc etc and wanted to try them all for comparison. Its personel to yourself and CS do provide a good service.

Anywhay g/l with all

Thanks for the replies and good luck to you to. I have also looked into ECN DMA but I have grown attached to the platform simplicity of CS. I have also many accounts with other brokers and I am on the whole happy with CS. Reliability has been at times patchy but most trades go through without any problems.

On the issue with the platforms I posted earlier, I am wondering whether it may be linked with the squawk feature which has been intermittent and erratic for some time. Once it crashed my browser and I had to log back in.

I use interactive brokers and dukascopy but they are on a different level and not in the same market as CS.

twinj mate, it is a journey u need to make as in finding what works for you, I have an account with virtually every one of them or at least did in the early days, not because I was ever really unhappy but becasue I was constantly looking for improvements on what they can provide as in platform, speed, price etc etc and wanted to try them all for comparison. Its personel to yourself and CS do provide a good service.

Anywhay g/l with all
Yes you got a good point here, one needs to personally check out the service. Trading SB and CFDs this is very easy, and don't in most cases require a large deposit.

Another good reason for not attempting anything close to scalping with SBs is that the platforms tend to be completely unsuited to fast trading. Whether this is deliberate or not, you can't trade short-term if you have to faff around filling in multiple boxes and clicking through menus all day.

twinj : freezes could be anything but unlikely to be anything that CS have done (unless it's just that one ticket that doesn't work, where it will just be a software glitch), however chances are it's the whole thing.

Use a different browser (chrome) may be , but def upgrade your Flash Player if not already.
Anything that uses Flash player for all it's work and sits around for a long time is likely to die/freeze/chew memory. Restart every hour or two for best performance, or find a platform that doesn't rely so heavily on that tech. it's on it's way out anyway.....

Thanks for advice. I have got the latest version of flash. Don't know if I could stomach restart so frequently. But may try Chrome as it seems that flash is more seamlessly built in.

thanks for the 'general' positive comments here.

as kwickwool says it is easy to attack an SB as there is little they can say or do that will change a closed opinion.

All i can add here is to point out that we are (frankly) not so technologically advanced that we can affect the login status of an individual client. If there is a problem we can log all clients out in one go to do a reboot but we cannot knock out one.

concerning stops ... i have stated this before. the stops screen is just not watched... the dealers have far too much general work to be monitoring who is near a stop and who isn't. Cap Spreads has never biased its prices (even when we have a big position on the books) and certainly NEVER to try to hit a price. The only time a stop is inspected is if there has been a spike between one price and the next (which might indicate a rogue price), in the morning on the open when the equity prices are very wide and we check to see that a price generate stop is fair and finally there are some markets which are permanently off autostop because of their illiquidity or their reputation for poor price data (this last is very few nowadays). EDIT .. and of course over data releases

Simon

Last edited:
Simon - do you plan to ditch the current Flash platform that you share with other companies and go with your own one? I've heard others are looking to move on.... Not tried your CFD one yet, is it the same as the SB?

Simon - do you plan to ditch the current Flash platform that you share with other companies and go with your own one? I've heard others are looking to move on.... Not tried your CFD one yet, is it the same as the SB?

'Share'? Isn't it more just that they all get it from the same company? Anyway, look what happened when CMC developed their own platform. Not a pretty sight.:)

Ok, granted, 'share' is probably the wrong word, still you know what I mean. Not a fan of the CMC one myself never loaded properly for me and too many fly-outs everywhere, but there are a lot of people who do like it, although brokers don't, and professionals don't. Isn't most of the world though going for a more happy shiny touchy feel? Perhaps some middle ground is needed...

Sanity

we do have other platforms that clients could use.. MT4 ( MT4 Brokers | Metatrader Broker | Download MT4 | LCG MT ) .. LCGmarkets (Forex Trading | MT4 Trading | CFD Trading | LCG Markets) out of our Australian unit ... but it must be admitted that for the time being it is unlikely that we will move people from one platform to another or consider such an event. The Cap Spreads platform has been designed for ease of access, simplicity and therefore robustness.

It is now nearly bullet proof (fingers crossed) and as another company says so well ... " it does exactly what it says on the tin"

Simon

Last edited:
regarding the recent comments can I just say that in my experience trading small size I have had positions almost hit my stop, then go in my direction and i have closed out for a profit.

Sanity

we do have other platforms that clients could use.. MT4 ( MT4 Brokers | Metatrader Broker | Download MT4 | LCG MT ) .. lcgmarkets (Forex Trading | MT4 Trading | CFD Trading | LCG Markets) out of our Australian unit ... but it must be admitted that for the time being it is unlikely that we will move people from one platform to another or consider such an event. The Cap Spreads platform has been designed for ease of access, simplicity and therefore robustness.

It is now nearly bullet proof (fingers crossed) and as another company says so well ... " it does exactly what it says on the tin"

Simon

That's great - thanks for that will have a look - didn't realize you did those! You should promote via your other sites! Are the MT4 ones ECN or are you Market Making?

Sanity
MT4 does have an ECN link . .. High frequency/large traders generally get put onto this... but you have to ask for it ! Normally you just get the fixed or variable spread model.

these products are CFDs not spread bets..sorry

simon

'Share'? Isn't it more just that they all get it from the same company? Anyway, look what happened when CMC developed their own platform. Not a pretty sight.:)
Yes and extremely expensive as well to develop your own platform from scratch. CS platform is not a sophisticated platform, just the basic features. A lot of clicks you say, what you can do is to work with "tear aways windows" or simply login to to a second session in order to have the necessary windows open. I am quite amazed of CS precise execution, you get the price you clicked on, period (very seldom rejections). The same goes for the stops, very dependable. I have not find it the same using the MT4 platform, with EA's and scripts you can have it all, but it is not as correct compared to CS platform when it comes to execution and executing stop loss orders.

Yes and extremely expensive as well to develop your own platform from scratch. CS platform is not a sophisticated platform, just the basic features. A lot of clicks you say, what you can do is to work with "tear aways windows" or simply login to to a second session in order to have the necessary windows open. I am quite amazed of CS precise execution, you get the price you clicked on, period (very seldom rejections). The same goes for the stops, very dependable. I have not find it the same using the MT4 platform, with EA's and scripts you can have it all, but it is not as correct compared to CS platform when it comes to execution and executing stop loss orders.

Simon - you should really hire gle101 for your PR... :D

Reactions: tar