Best Thread Capital Spreads

Simon,

Thanks for getting the port opened up for testing. I left the test running with the -t flag over an hour and the min response rate was 28ms max 32ms avg 30 so I dont think this reflects any latency problems.

Increasing packet size to 1024 produces 56ms responses which is still fast. The problem presents itself in IE explorer (latest versions) and Firefox and I have all the latest adobe and MS updates.

The routing appears to be relatively diret also, about 9 hops.

Regards

Simon,

Thanks for getting the port opened up for testing. I left the test running with the -t flag over an hour and the min response rate was 28ms max 32ms avg 30 so I dont think this reflects any latency problems.

Increasing packet size to 1024 produces 56ms responses which is still fast. The problem presents itself in IE explorer (latest versions) and Firefox and I have all the latest adobe and MS updates.

The routing appears to be relatively diret also, about 9 hops.

Regards
An idea would be to try trading from a friends computer preferable with a different Internet connection provider. Just to see if you get instant execution. Maybe it is not possible for you but it might be wort a try with a small stake size.

An idea would be to try trading from a friends computer preferable with a different Internet connection provider. Just to see if you get instant execution. Maybe it is not possible for you but it might be wort a try with a small stake size.

I have 2 service providers for redundancy one machine runs on one and the other on the other both suffer the same problem but only with Capital. Have also tried from a different physical location with a 3rd provider.

I think this is conclusive enough for me.

Reactions: tar
I have 2 service providers for redundancy one machine runs on one and the other on the other both suffer the same problem but only with Capital. Have also tried from a different physical location with a 3rd provider.

Yes, then it sure sounds like some kind of interference by a dealer. I am curious to know as to when your problem started after trading live with them?

It was conclusive to me from the first time you posted your problem. Unfortunately if you are new to dealer referral issues, you dont pick it up straight away. Never even go and check your internet connection again, it's almost never the problem with trading. Your broker/spreadbet provider is the problem.

Yes, then it sure sounds like some kind of interference by a dealer. I am curious to know as to when your problem started after trading live with them?

He must have made some money all from latency of course as the SB company will claim. And shock horror from a spreadbet provider's point of view, he may have withdrawn some profits :cheesy:

He must have made some money all from latency of course as the SB company will claim. And shock horror from a spreadbet provider's point of view, he may have withdrawn some profits :cheesy:
Yes probably so, especially if it is combined with big stakes and huge number of trades each day. :)

The only thing is, that referral to a dealer is usually implemented as a delay of maybe 15 seconds or so. Here it is instantly, against he gets the order, for he is rejected, and that is more like a plugin for the MT4 platform.

How long do you have to wait until you get the error message from hitting trade?

I can remember getting these messages, just after I started making some cash for a few days just trading on market open and only using the CS system. Trades were on for less than a minute, and probably more than 20-30 seconds.... hardly HFT. Didn't care about TCF rules. Straight over to dealer confirm.....

Many companies have auto wait/reject/requote facilities..... that's just the way it is....

How long do you have to wait until you get the error message from hitting trade?

I can remember getting these messages, just after I started making some cash for a few days just trading on market open and only using the CS system. Trades were on for less than a minute, and probably more than 20-30 seconds.... hardly HFT. Didn't care about TCF rules. Straight over to dealer confirm.....

Many companies have auto wait/reject/requote facilities..... that's just the way it is....
When was this happening to you?

Said this before but a bit like stating you get wet going for a swim? A company that makes money when you lose and loses money when you win there is always going to be a conflict of interest when you start winning? An absolute fact.

Therefore, get over to an ECN account or direct access, easy enough nowadays where the company only profit from your commission therefore they want you to win and want you to trade more, which means there is no longer a conflict of interest and their whole agenda and perspective is the opposite of a market maker?

With CS you have a good few days and take 10K from them, that is straight off their profit book, what would you do in their position?

Said this before but a bit like stating you get wet going for a swim? A company that makes money when you lose and loses money when you win there is always going to be a conflict of interest when you start winning? An absolute fact.

Therefore, get over to an ECN account or direct access, easy enough nowadays where the company only profit from your commission therefore they want you to win and want you to trade more, which means there is no longer a conflict of interest and their whole agenda and perspective is the opposite of a market maker?

With CS you have a good few days and take 10K from them, that is straight off their profit book, what would you do in their position?

True but I think as long as your positions can be hedged by the company, it is okay. What you say only affects traders that trade in a way that cannot be hedged.

That's a bit of an over-simplification. A spread bet provider with no clients won't be making much profit, so they can't just sabotage anyone who wins. You have to remember that the majority will lose with no intervention or devious tactics.

The main problem for SBs is acquiring the constant stream of new punters needed to replace those who've blown their accounts, hence the minimal or zero spreads and 'free money' offers.

Yes an over simplification but just stating facts, they profit from your loss and vice versa and hardly ever would hedge 100% of the time. And ultimately the fact is that when you win they can only ever as an absolute minimum break even with hedging, or they have lost some or all of your winnings from partial or no hedging.

So why even take the chance to be in that situation and the many many manipulations that can and do go on with market makers? CS are no doubt one of the best SB's, but they are still an SB and have a bottom line to protect.

ECN and direct access is more and more available so why not just remove the possibility?

It is a highly risky move for an SB company to terminate business with a customer making profit from long term play. If that person decides to let the whole world know, it would affect their reputation. So best to keep such customers.

I am not talking about termination here, just little tricks that make things a bit harder to make a profit, a bit like a sticking a few extra zero's on the roulette wheel, and cant blame them when you lok at their business model.

To escape all that you need to go ECN or direct access is all I am saying.

And just to add, CS are one of the best SB'ers with a good reputation, but a SB they are........

And that is why I say that complaining that you were put on dealer refferal etc with an SB is a bit like saying you will get wet going for a swim? If you trade short term with them finding it difficult to hedge they will slow you down, and cant blame them.

This hedging thing is a myth , they don't hedge individual clients trades , they just balance their whole book at certain thresholds ....

Yes an over simplification but just stating facts, they profit from your loss and vice versa and hardly ever would hedge 100% of the time. And ultimately the fact is that when you win they can only ever as an absolute minimum break even with hedging, or they have lost some or all of your winnings from partial or no hedging.

So why even take the chance to be in that situation and the many many manipulations that can and do go on with market makers? CS are no doubt one of the best SB's, but they are still an SB and have a bottom line to protect.

ECN and direct access is more and more available so why not just remove the possibility?
Why would they hedge 100% of the time when there are traders taking the other side of the trade? What they do they hedge was is not balanced by the book according to their own internal risk management. DMA or SB, CFDs? It all depends what you like your entry level to be. They both have their advantages and I don't see why one should exclude trading SB as long as you are aware of the risk parameters.

I am not talking about termination here, just little tricks that make things a bit harder to make a profit, a bit like a sticking a few extra zero's on the roulette wheel, and cant blame them when you lok at their business model.

To escape all that you need to go ECN or direct access is all I am saying.

And just to add, CS are one of the best SB'ers with a good reputation, but a SB they are........
I have been trading all markets for 17 years. I don't need to escape.:)