Best Thread Capital Spreads

Simon,

There is a problem with the charts. Not as big as the mobile issue mentioned above but I would like it fixed. I think you gave me an email contact for the company you use for your charts. He sounded like the ceo but he is not responding to my emails.

I think it's been said on these boards before that SB charts are provided for free, so you can't really complain too much when they don't work properly. It might not be so convenient, but you just have to use someone else's free charts that do work.

Reactions: tar
twinj

if you call customer support they will get you over to the actual person who can deal with it (or if you can explain on this forum maybe we can come up with the answer)

ps . as i am the CEO i am pretty sure that i have not put my tel number on this thread... i just do not have time (unfortunately) to deal with random client calls... sigh .. not like the old days.

pps. the new charts have over 120 different indicators/calculators/techniques !! (to be honest i have not heard of most of them) they have back calculation/ alerts/emails etc etc.. last month we sent out over 200k email alerts and this is before the upgrade

Simon,

I meant the ceo of the chart company beginning with D (his first name). So if you can give contact details again, that would be nice.

Take for example the stochastic indicator. The horizontal line at 20 is missing. The mid line appears to be at 40 but if the top line is 80 and bottom line is 20, the mid line should be 50.

Before the upgrade, this problem did not exist.

You should also check the other indicators too.

georgedon

to be honest i do not have a clue

it is more that if a client only ever trades ultra short term then the economics are just not there.

and in the future they will be even worse.... Mifid is in the process of requiring a centralised trade and position reporting scheme and the mooted cost is expected to be around 10p a trade ... i.e. a transaction tax by the back door. i.e for a £1 round trip on a a 1 point spread we would have to pay 20p .... for the pleasure of having the regulator know that Mr A Smith had made a £1 buy bet in the FTSE.

as you can imagine this would make most SB and cfd providers uneconomic (certainly for high frequency clients).

how we would be supposed to compete with non Mifid providers i am not sure... but this is naturally not a problem for the regulators.

Simon

Thanks Simon

I would be interested to hear how the MIFID regulation works out, keep us updated if you can.

Twinj

We have requested the ability to toggle the charts auto range feature on or off. Currently however, lines can be added to charts using the chart settings.

To do so, open the charts, select the 'Settings' tab and then click on the 'Add Indicator' button. In the 'Which indicator do you want to add?' section, search for the 'Constant Value (CONST)' line by typing for example 'const'. Select the constant value indicator, then set the value to for example 20. You can also name the line by changing the Legend reads' text to say for example 'Oversold'. There is also the option to change the line colour.

A nice new feature on the new charts is the ability to write custom indicators and then share them. We have created a stochastic indicator with oversold and overbought lines at 20 and 80. To import this into your charts, select the 'Settings' tab, then click on the 'Settings Profiles' button on the bottom right, then click on the 'Import Profile' and enter the following code: 2D9E-1B1E-421A

ok?
simon

Thank you Simon.

But you have to admit that this is pretty tedious. Granted some people may prefer different values. Then why not have this constant feature within each indicator setup? Currently, it defaults to the main price chart.

I am overall happy with the charts. They appear to be more stable.

One more thing, could you ask if they can increase the 10y 5y 1y......1w 1d Today boxes along the bottom to have smaller timeframes? Say perhaps to 3hours?

Thanks in advance.

Getting something weird with the CS Wall street spread today. I'm getting buy price same as the sell price. ie zero spread. Dunno when this started. Is this an error on CS's part or new spread policy?

phat buddha

we had a problem trying to get the 'change on day' in the wall street to work.

for a couple of mins as the ticker was 'nudged' we had a different 'spread' in place

simon

Getting something weird with the CS Wall street spread today. I'm getting buy price same as the sell price. ie zero spread. Dunno when this started. Is this an error on CS's part or new spread policy?

Next time you see this, just trade it and make money out of it. Don't forget to PM me first straight away to let me know about it but don't tell anybody else :cheesy:

Next time you see this, just trade it and make money out of it. Don't forget to PM me first straight away to let me know about it but don't tell anybody else :cheesy:

Trouble is that if you made money you'd have been trading on 'bad prices', so the SB would grab the money back, even though it was their fault for supplying inaccurate info.

Simon,
I dont think you should be advertising your mobile app including charting when it doesnt work on android until a fix "end of Nov" And is this date confirmed?
Why not eamil your customers and train your help desk?

My questions are is it good PR to do this as open and honest its better and you can even say "new and improved coming soon"
And whats the ASA stand on this if your advertising remains 'as is'

Many thanks

david

the mobile application is there mainly for people to monitor positions and trade. which i think it is very good at.

the android chart, whilst at the moment just being a snapshot, is still a chart representation of the current situation and was forced on Capital Spreads by the unilateral pulling of a flash interface by one of the main internet providers.

Whilst i would love to say that we were omnipotent unfortunately Capital Spreads is sometimes at the mercy of outside forces. It would be nice if Flash, Apple and Adobe could treat clients in the way that Capital Spreads does !

Simon

as i happen to actually be in the office i can say that the lines are working and the dealers r answering them!

r u sure you are calling the dealing line? or r u calling customer support which closes at 1900

as u have deleted your previous comment I also assume that this has been cleared up ?

simon

I have to say having tried the facility over the last couple of days the amount of failures to execute trades on the daily dow becasue the price has moved in my favour is very frustrating, when I see the market run away from a position I click to exit and it says no and again, and likewise when trying to lock in profit, however they appear to execute no problem if the market moves agsint me ?:(, I found limits to be the only way which sadly doesnt suit my style of trading.

I have to say having tried the facility over the last couple of days the amount of failures to execute trades on the daily dow becasue the price has moved in my favour is very frustrating, when I see the market run away from a position I click to exit and it says no and again, and likewise when trying to lock in profit, however they appear to execute no problem if the market moves agsint me ?:(, I found limits to be the only way which sadly doesnt suit my style of trading.
I must say I am surprised to hear about your experience trading the Dow with CS. I very seldom get the invalid price message trading the Dow. Are you sure you don't have a latency problem? If your stake size is not very high beyond the average, I don't see why you should have a problem, this even if you are a short term trader.

Welcome to Capitalspreads no surprise here ! you have to price this in your trading costs , obviously the real cost here is more than the one point spread that CS do advertise , i would say the real spread is more like 4 points in average if not more , it depends on the volatility ...