Best Thread Capital Spreads

monty

yes it appears that my 'long lunch' has seen quite a bit of comment

LCG is the parent of all our white labels ..even, effectively, Capital Spreads ... all clients sign terms with LCG and LCG owns the trading names ... but we are beholden to TF, PP, DD etc etc to ensure SLA compliance and levels of customer services, downtime etc etc.

TF is majority owned by BF (LCG does not own any stake in any of our WL partners). LCG's role in the arrangement essentially falls down to regulatory control and oversight and management of 'risk' in all its forms. All WL partners have their individual requirements and special offerings (dependant on their target audience) and so you get slight differences from each one.

Simon

Many thanks Simon.

Now I'm completely baffled. Can't we keep things simple and talk about quantum physics instead? :)

I've just deleted my latest reply to tar. I'm sure it's getting tedious for all concerned.
Let's just say that he and I each individually know what we mean (and we both think we are right :) ), and let's leave it at that and move on. I am sure there are more interesting things to discuss, like the stress tests, or the price of widgets.

Again, the price quote must reflect the movement of the underlaying asset, that of the real market. They must follow the MiFID directives being a Market maker, categorized as an exchange in its own right.

As all this stuff sounds very legalistic, I suspect you are only ever going to get an answer if it were tested in a court of law.

But in that case, only the lawyers would win.

Maybe better to concentrate on just trading, or do as tenapenny suggests and form a white label ourselves. As we've been getting to know Simon quite well by now, I am sure he would be happy to meet us, provided that we could put up the necessary money and banker's references.

All we then need is a name: Trade2Win is already taken ... Trade2Lose?

That would be pretty honest wouldn't it?

Well I've managed to take a few pips out of Tradefair today (or is it out of LCG?) so the day hasn't been entirely wasted. Time to revive my Capital Spreads account I think (they recently sent me a mail saying how much they had missed me), and see if I can take some pips out of them (and definitely out of LCG). I doubt if Simon will be losing any sleep over the prospect. My weekly losses might just cover one of his long lunches :LOL:

As all this stuff sounds very legalistic, I suspect you are only ever going to get an answer if it were tested in a court of law.

But in that case, only the lawyers would win.

Maybe better to concentrate on just trading, or do as tenapenny suggests and form a white label ourselves. As we've been getting to know Simon quite well by now, I am sure he would be happy to meet us, provided that we could put up the necessary money and banker's references.

Well I've managed to take a few pips out of Tradefair today (or is it out of LCG?) so the day hasn't been entirely wasted. Time to revive my Capital Spreads account I think (they recently sent me a mail saying how much they had missed me), and see if I can take some pips out of them (and definitely out of LCG). I doubt if Simon will be losing any sleep over the prospect. My weekly losses might just cover one of his long lunches :LOL:
"Trade2Lose?", ha ha, that is a good one.:LOL:

Been running a few ideas up flagpoles vis-a-vis our synergy in the big picture. Name has to reflect our USP and mission statement, of course.

Fatspreads
ShortsandThongs
Snake Markets
StealorFleece
OneWaySpreads
AmaSpreads
StealingDesk
BaddyPower

Been running a few ideas up flagpoles vis-a-vis our synergy in the big picture. Name has to reflect our USP and mission statement, of course.

Fatspreads
ShortsandThongs
Snake Markets
StealorFleece
OneWaySpreads
AmaSpreads
StealingDesk
BaddyPower
Ha ha, good suggestions.:LOL:

Fatspreads
ShortsandThongs
Snake Markets
StealorFleece
OneWaySpreads
AmaSpreads
StealingDesk
BaddyPower

:)

FatFinger
DirtyStopOut
WideBoys
StopBusters!
Tick-Tack-Men

However, I am not sure that satire can outdo the real-life "PaddyPower" - I mean, come on - PaddyPower?

Agree, awful firm. Win with them, and they take back your winning profit. They took back over £1k on a winning aud/usd trade before.

Yes, one must be able to see the irony in things, but really the SB industry has come a long way since I started to trade SB. There are many good companies around and CS is definitely one of them. One wonders how they all can stay in business, the competition is fierce and the spread is narrow, surely a few of these will not be around in a couple of years from now.

Yes, one must be able to see the irony in things, but really the SB industry has come a long way since I started to trade SB. There are many good companies around and CS is definitely one of them. One wonders how they all can stay in business, the competition is fierce and the spread is narrow, surely a few of these will not be around in a couple of years from now.

Incredibly flawed though it may be, the digging around for that poll I did unearthed far more names than I was expecting, even if a lot are just labels for someone else. And I'll bet there are some we have missed. A "crowded trade" I think.

One wonders how they all can stay in business, the competition is fierce and the spread is narrow, surely a few of these will not be around in a couple of years from now.

If the spread was zero, the percentage of winners to losers would hardly change in my opinion. Why don't traders make a killing now on some instruments like the eurodollar that have a 1 pip spread? Or even at City Index where the dow is at 1 point spread? Has anyone become a millionaire yet trading the dow at City?

As for some of them not being around, may be some of the smaller ones could get taken over like ODL. But in an industry where the success rate is heavily biased in favour of the spreadbet company, I would not bet on it. And I see most of the smaller spreadbet companies that have come around in recent years are still here even so many have thought that they would not last.

If the spread was zero, the percentage of winners to losers would hardly change in my opinion. Why don't traders make a killing now on some instruments like the eurodollar that have a 1 pip spread? Or even at City Index where the dow is at 1 point spread? Has anyone become a millionaire yet trading the dow at City?

Tend to agree with that. If SBs really made their profit from the spread, as they try to tell us, they'd all be out of business by now.

The bigger ones make quite a lot of money from interest rate.

You mean they earn interest on money deposited by traders but they don't pay out a portion of it back to traders. Lucrative business really: The SB company earns interest on deposits and earns from traders losses. And these losses could well be like 80% of all bets although I don't know the exact figure. You can see why many have rushed in to open a new brokerage.

It ain't that pipstar, it's the interest rate spread.

It's brilliant, cause they only pay interest on the net position (assuming 100% hedged), while they charge all clients on the clients' positions. So say you have 100k shares long 120k shares short they have a position of 20k shares, if on margin, but get the income from 220k in terms of interest fees :D