Best Thread Capital Spreads

the dawn

the speed of the platform is often related to the computer on which it is being used. My pc at home will generally update open positions p/l real time as fast as i can view it when i am in the open positions page.

If you want to see various different sections all you have to do is go 'ctrl' N on your pc and another live page will pop up which you can then look at a different area.. 'other markets' 'open positions' .. 'active orders' etc.. you can do this as many times as you wish.

Orders may be delayed if a dealer is looking to see if a stop/limit/new has been fairly activated or not. If you know an order should have been activated (and it is just a matter of time) you can trade in the knowledge that it will be done 'eventually'. So if you had a new order to buy at 4340 in the FTSE and you could see that our offer had got there then you can make a sale trade (taking a profit for instance) in the knowledge that the buy will come through at some point. If it is over a data number or a very volatile period then your order may be subject to slippage

Simon

Hi all, guess you are all aware of what information asymmetry is all about.... guess you also all highly dubious of anyone new to the forum stating that they have found a way of beating a major financial spread betting firm...yep you guessed it I have done just that.

I have discovered a loophole that enables the trader to benefit from market information prior to it being reflected in a major financial spread betting agency quote.

This has enabled me to make several thousand pounds in a matter of days. I am now keen to share this information and make as much out of it as possible before the loop is closed. However, in order for this to be of benefit I will need registered interest from at least 50,000 traders. Your physical location is irrelevant.

As an example, in week one if you open an account with £500 and follow the guidelines I would expect you to net a £4,000 profit. This is based on very conservative trades starting at £2 / pt then increasing to £10 / pt as your equity increases. There is no reason why you can not trade at much higher amounts from the outset if you are already an experienced trader thus enabling you to significantly greater returns.

Spreadbetting firms will email u and they will know the trick !!! This is scam , sorry ......

not only that but if a spread betting company suddenly got 50,000 people opening an account i think that they might notice it!

only 3 spread betting companies actually have this number of clients in the first place. If we got a surge of even 1000 clients suddenly wanting an account we might smell a bit of a rat. More likely there is a secondary monetary bit behind this as well ...info.asym might also be an Introducing Broker and get paid by the SB company to introduce clients to them as well. As sort of double whammy for him.

Simon

not only that but if a spread betting company suddenly got 50,000 people opening an account i think that they might notice it!
only 3 spread betting companies actually have this number of clients in the first place.
Simon

Who are these companies and how does Capital Spreads compare with these?

we are far, far, better ...of course

i will not name them as it does not take a rocket scientist to work out... but CS only opened in 2003 some have been around for over twenty years

simon

i was asked politely by t2w about five years ago.. and i have never managed to quite give it up.

besides it does my staff good to read the reasonable problems and frustrations of clients straight from the coal face, as it were.

simon

It is obvious really, no?

I'll bite: It is obvious because ....

(a)....they are so bad, they have to?

(b)....they are so small, they have time to waste on user forums?

(c).....they are uniquely virtuous, and responsive to their customer-base?

(The first person to select the correct answer wins a £100 credit for Acme Trading Limited....oops, what a giveaway.....)

:p

Question for Capital Spreads .
Do you of set your bets in to the market ?
How dose your fair value system work ?
Why do some of your quotes not refelect the actual market ? ( Cash Index's )
Is it true that if a punter who bet large stakes quickly and made a tremendouse profit your company would not loose out ?

Many thanks.
TOMHOM

Question for Capital Spreads .
Do you of set your bets in to the market ?
How dose your fair value system work ?
Why do some of your quotes not refelect the actual market ? ( Cash Index's )
Is it true that if a punter who bet large stakes quickly and made a tremendouse profit your company would not loose out ?

Many thanks.
TOMHOM

Lol, Not only is this guys spelling atrocious, he cant even spell his own name correctly:LOL:

Reactions: ian
Tomtom

our average bet size is too small to trade in the market. We merely run a risk book and hedge when the risk gets over a certai size. If we hedged all trades we would lose a fortune in broking and spread costs.

fair value is 'based' on the interest rate cost of holding a cash position up to the expry of the front future contract plus the index value of any dividends expected to be paid between now and the expiry of the future. Sometimes this fair value might be a few ticks out as an individual stock moves further than its starting 'weighting' at the beginning of the day. Generally our FV will remain the same through the day (normally taken from the Bloomberg FV page) but sometimes the cash index FV to the future does need adjustment during the session.

see above.. the futures move far faster than the index. The FTSE is only recalculated every 15 seconds. In that time the futures can (and do) move 20 or 30 points. If we just quoted the index a client following the futures would know in advance which way the cash index was going to move.

in general if a big client places a trade and it immediately goes his way we will lose money.. but if it goes against him we will make 50/50 with the spread in our favour.

Simon

Questions about Capital Spreads (1) - Tick Charts

On Capital Spreads own charts, one of the settings is "tick by tick".

Does anyone know precisely what a tick represents in this case?

Thank you.