Cantorindex Zero spread offer!

gle101

Veteren member
I was quite surprice to notice that Cantorindex now are offering Zero spread on some of the indices and other instruments.
You have to deposit and keep £5000 in the account in order to take part of the of Zero spread offer.

UK 100 cash Daily Rolling 08:00 – 16:30 Mon to Fri
US 30 cash Daily Rolling 14:30 – 21.00 Mon to Fri
Gold Future Daily Rolling 23:00 – 22:15 Sun to Thurs and 00:00 – 21:15 Friday
EUR/USD Daily Rolling spot FX 06:00 – 22:00 Mon to Thurs and 00:00 – 21:15 Friday
Bund Future Front Month 07:00 – 21:00 Mon to Fri

We all know zero spread usually do not work out. It is my viewpoint that they will not hand out free money if traders are successful trading the zero spread. I still have the Worldspreads bankruptcy fresh in mind and the way they distroyed the goodwill of the comany by flagging every sucessful trader to be on referral to a dealer. If Cantorindex will take a different approch to the offer of Zero spread I don't know. But being a larger company with much more at stake they might have a surprise for us.
What do you think guys?

Anyone having any experience trading live with Cantorindex and the Zero spread offer?

I remember Cantor Index used to be one of the "big four" in spread betting in 2001. They also offer zero spreads the next month if you stake at least £500. I don't know how they can afford to do this.

I remember Cantor Index used to be one of the "big four" in spread betting in 2001. They also offer zero spreads the next month if you stake at least £500. I don't know how they can afford to do this.
Yes but you have to trade quite a lot with higher stakes in order to achieve £500 per month. This probably means you have to have more short term trades. I prefer to deposit £5000 (if the funds are secured) and get Zero point spread in my case on the Dow. How they can afford it, well they probably can't if there are a lot of successful short term traders. We'll see how this Zero spread offer plays out.

Apparently the "tradeSwift" platform seem quite new. I have to get a demo in order to find out what features they provide. However, they have a few faulty links on their website they need to address rather quickly.

Probably just a loss leader marketing gimmick to get new clients onto their platform, like the City Index trading academy pr stunt that's going on now. i.e spend a few hundred grand and hope that the increase in clients that then go on to blow all of their accounts makes more than it costs them.

Probably just a loss leader marketing gimmick to get new clients onto their platform, like the City Index trading academy pr stunt that's going on now. i.e spend a few hundred grand and hope that the increase in clients that then go on to blow all of their accounts makes more than it costs them.
That would be OK by me, as long as they don't start adopting dealer interference.:)

Tried to set up a demo account, but can't log in. Does the platform close for maintenance at weekends?

Zero spreads is fine in theory if they hedge strategically and expect the majority to lose, anyway. Interesting that clients can qualify for the offer by staking £500 a month, when this will encourage exactly the type of trading that SBs don't like.

Tried to set up a demo account, but can't log in. Does the platform close for maintenance at weekends?

Zero spreads is fine in theory if they hedge strategically and expect the majority to lose, anyway. Interesting that clients can qualify for the offer by staking £500 a month, when this will encourage exactly the type of trading that SBs don't like.
Yes exactly my point, they know they will get many short term traders and hopefully they will adopt a fair execution strategy.

Login, no problem on my side, kind of smooth looking platform.

Yes exactly my point, they know they will get many short term traders and hopefully they will adopt a fair execution strategy.

Login, no problem on my side, kind of smooth looking platform.

Looks like yet another variation on the Ariel platform used by CS, ETX, Spreadex, etc.

Looks like yet another variation on the Ariel platform used by CS, ETX, Spreadex, etc.
No problem, they all execute well.:) I noticed they got a predefine user stop loss in points, that is good. I will have a closer look this evening.

You cant compare Worldspreads to Cantorindex 2 different animals , and i don't think that was Worldspreads problem ...
Yes I agree, that is why Cantorindex is worth looking at. Still one has to be aware, one wonder, how do they make money, is the interest they earn and new clients they gain enough to cover up for the Zero spread loss? It is a good and healthy sign they demand that the £5000 must not be withdrawn, and by going under the £5000 after the end of one calender month you will not be liable for the Zero spread offer.

The platform, nothing fancy really, just the basic features needed. However I noticed on the Dow (US30 Rolling Daily), at least on the demo, the limitation on the stop loss of 14 points closest to the entry level, way too much.

Yes I agree, that is why Cantorindex is worth looking at. Still one has to be aware, one wonder, how do they make money, is the interest they earn and new clients they gain enough to cover up for the Zero spread loss? It is a good and healthy sign they demand that the £5000 must not be withdrawn, and by going under the £5000 after the end of one calender month you will not be liable for the Zero spread offer.

Most traders lose money , SB brokers don't make money just from the spread that's a myth ..

Most traders lose money , SB brokers don't make money just from the spread that's a myth ..
Yes that is correct, they make money from many sources, but without the spread they would all go bust.

Last edited:
I have been monitoring the demo account and the US30 future Rolling daily. The movement seems not to be according to the underlying asset (YM future). In fact it is way off at times and this make me suspect a delay for the demo account. I hope it is not the same with the live account, if so, it is not trade able, Zero spread or not. I found it to be the same with US30 Rolling daily so probably the demo account is delayed, as it does not reflect the movement of the underlaying asset.

I have been monitoring the demo account and the US30 future Rolling daily. The movement seems not to be according to the underlying asset (YM future). In fact it is way off at times and this make me suspect a delay for the demo account. I hope it is not the same with the live account, if so, it is not trade able, Zero spread or not. I found it to be the same with US30 Rolling daily so probably the demo account is delayed, as it does not reflect the movement of the underlaying asset.

The charts seem to lag slightly, but otherwise OK. Still, they have no obligation to give us accurate prices on demo accounts. As long as the live one works properly.

The charts seem to lag slightly, but otherwise OK. Still, they have no obligation to give us accurate prices on demo accounts. As long as the live one works properly.
Well if there is a delay on the demo account they should inform about it. Are you saying that your demo prices is in line of the underlaying asset, the DAX for example?