Candles and Confluence

I exited gold at 1384 for a 29 point profit.

I'm in EURJPY from 114.36, one position targeting 115.30. The other to run.

I'm in GBPUSD from 1.5968. I was going to add to the position based on a 4 hr signal, but the signal doesn't look good now, so I won't scale in.

I am reading parts of 'Trading in the zone' (Mark Douglas) again. I was told to read this book before I started trading, which was good advice. I think it is also very worth re-reading it after a year of trading, it makes an awful lot of sense then.

I am slowly turning the corner, making less trading mistakes, evaluating myself constantly, and rectfying things I'm doing wrong. My worst error is putting on too big a position for the size of my account, but I also feel that when a good signal emerges, you have to capitalise to make up for losses accrued on lesser signals. Of course, the goal is to only take A+ trades, and patience is something I also have trouble with.

A couple of quotes come back to me. Someone on my thread once said 'you can only start making money when you are ready to make money' and I thought it was an obvious thing to say at the time, as I was ready to make money from day one, but now I understand that a lot of work is needed until you are ready to make money.

Also, 'if in doubt, stay out' is one that I try to remind myself of. Basically, you know without doubt when there is a very good signal and a high chance of success, and you have doubt when you are looking at second-rate signals, so doubt should be a filter.

Last edited:
I am watching the AUDJPY at the moment. I have a buy stop order at 81.06. This one is looking good.

I've entered at 80.85, with a stop at 80.50. I am targeting 81.80.

Last edited:
goldfakeyoct16.PNG

Made 40 points, out at 1332. Price made it down to 1328, which was my initial target, but I played it safe.

I fancy gold to fall again. I will aim to get in about 1330 and target 1300 if I see a 4 hour or 1 hour signal. I will take a stab for a bit of fun and say, IF it drops, it will drop to 1294.

goldtargetoct24.PNG

When this does turn long again, it will probably move 20 points real quick.

Last edited:
I'll be finishing up with this journal now and focusing on my trading elsewhere.

The Times they are a changing.

Robert Daley