Camarilla Equation + Calculator

Camarilla Calculator?

Has anyone out there tired this? Does this calculator actually work? I have not yet tried it but thinking about it, can anyone tell me more about it? If you have used it does it really work? If it does work, how much money do you need to start with to obtain the results they show on thier website? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

I went into the link. Tried the Formula. But it doesn't match with the results what Camarilla Calc gives.

Description checks out

If you look at the description of the L3 and L4 levels at the time of the crash the description above works out except for one thing

I wonder whether surefirething have deliberately put in some misinformation... the say that on 24/10 the l4- was 299: by my calculation that is L3

I attach the calculation and compare with their comments on levels: read it inc conjunction with their description of the crash

Attachments

• camcalc.xls
    14.5 KB · Views: 1,494
Hi Guys - I am a newbie here..interesting discussion!

I have just finished my one week's trial of Camarilla Equation (www.surefirething.com). I didn't actually take any of the trades but I did follow each one each daily using eSignal. The accuracy is astounding! What I like about it is that it keeps you out of the chop, which is a killer as you prob know. Cam (b) is what I used. They are low risk, high probability trades. It is low stress trading and I liked it. However, it does not come cheap. At $99 for the trial and $179 for a monthly subscription, I am not in a hurry to sign back up. I have other profitable systems I run on Tradestation. I am interested to know if anyone here has the ebook "trade your way to financial freedom with Surefirething". I could hook you up with some titles if you can provide me with it. I like the simplicity of Camarilla. I would also like to know if anyone knows the formulae for Camarilla (b) as this could save some serious $$$. I have come accross Camarilla Original. I am still trying to make sense of it. They said that you need to be an "advanced trader" to be able to get the most from it? Well, if anyone can shed some light on the rules (which I think are contained in the ebook) please do.

All the best in your trading!

Cheers

BrodieTrade

I have the said equation...

There is no real secret to it.

Oh and no it doesn't work particulary well.

JonnyT

JohnnyT

Would you mind posting Cam (b) so I may verify the results.
Cam Orig works pretty well....defines the intraday range very well... Rules are still unclear as to profit taking though.

Thanks for your input!

;-)

Brodietrade

Sounds as thought it may break trade activity up pretty much as market profile does ,but without any volume input.

Hello everyone,

I am new to this board and this is my first post,

I paid and used this service for 6 months so i'll tell u wht i think and answer any Qs.

i only used the original calculator and i was trading with a spread bet account.

The calculator seems to work better with individual stocks then with indices.

the L3 pivot is most accurate when it is hit about 10 mins into the trading day however its hard to get filled at this time of day with a decent size position.

The l4 breakout area works best if used after the first half hour.

i have found that on the days when it worked best you would be able to find similar entry points by looking at support and resistance levels for the day before.

Thats all i can think of for now but feel free to ask your Qs. here are the results of the calculator for a couple of days on the dow.

OPEN 10,066.67 L4 10,109.50
HIGH 10,131.35 L3 10,086.57
LOW 10,047.41 L3 10,040.71
CLOSE 10,063.64 L4 10,017.78

I have a date for the next one the closing figures are from 22/03/04

open 10,185.93 l4 10,160.18
high 10,186.15 l310,112.47
low 10,012.16 l3 10,017.03
close 10,064.75 l4 9,969.32

I found that often if l4 was hit very early on in the trading session the on its return l3 would act as a pivot point in the opposite direction to wht you are supposed to be trading.

To sum up on its day its a very accurate pivot point calculator but i found the system very difficult to trade, doesnt mean it dont work it could just be that i dont have the right personality for it or that it needs to be used in conjunction with other tools to decide trade entry.

It's a pivot calculation that you can get for free anywhere. See other posts on this board

'Camarilla' Equation

rocwell said:
Yep. The link is http://harrytrader.membres.jexiste.org/market/home.html.html

I will send you the password if you send me your e-mail address. I know that it is a subscribers site but he gives the password out without charge at the moment to those who had joined before May this year. To illustrate the point about accuracy, i have just checked his calculations and you would have expected a reversal in the dow at 9313.9. By my calculation it was 9318. As I was out by a few points i missed the large sell of on the dow but i didn't go long at the open thanks to the formula! The formula gives you an idea on where to place a stoploss as well and today, if you went long, (which i didnt cos i kind of understand the dynamics of the DOW as a market--- always important to know your market!) i would have been stopped out for a 25 point loss. Might sound a lot but the certainty makes it something i dont mind stomaching!

hi there i have tried the link above but it seems that its no working can u pls, provide a similar free alternative to access the eqation :cheesy:

CAMARILLA EQUATION

Hi Guys, I havent got time now but I will post tomorrow on how to work out the equation for yourselves that is for those who are interested.

Spredbetterstop.

A good approximation to the Camarilla:-

HL4= (high-low)*1.1/2+close
HL3= (high-low)*1.1/4+close
HL2= (high-low)*1.1/6+close
HL1= (high-low)*1.1/12+close

LL1= close-(high-low)*1.1/12
LL2= close-(high-low)*1.1/6
LL3= close-(high-low)*1.1/4
LL4= close-(high-low)*1.1/2

Hi Guys, As promised Camarilla formulae based on Fridays Dow

High minus low = 97.52
97.52 x .55 = 53.63 + close = H4 10020.37
" " x .27 = 26.33 + " = H3 9993.07
" " x .18 = 17.55 + " = H2 9984.29
" " x .09 = 8.77 + " = H 1 9975.51

close - 8.77 = L1 9957.97
" - 17.55 = L2 9949.19
" - 26.33 = L3 9940.41
" - 53.63 = L4 9913.11

These figs will be within a few decimal points of Surefirethings calculations and are based on the Camarilla Original. Hope this is of use to anybody subscribing to Surefirething as you can now save your subscription fees. Good Trading, Spredbetterstop.

You could try

L4= (high-low)*1.1/2+close
L3= (high-low)*1.1/4+close
L2= (high-low)*1.1/6+close
L1= (high-low)*1.1/12+close

L1= close-(high-low)*1.1/12
L2= close-(high-low)*1.1/6
L3= close-(high-low)*1.1/4
L4= close-(high-low)*1.1/2

plus add weighting of 0.3% and 0.1% in an upward and downward trending market ;)

Last edited:
dc2000 said:
plus add weighting of 0.3 and 0.1 in an upward and downward trending market ;)

Just add the chosen factor to each level?

A change to the first decimal place isn't going to be that significant - is it?