Calling all "Senior Members T2W" Experienced traders! Help Newbies?

I most definitely wasn't implying it was Gardan.

As for semantics, what is the female equivalent of an apprentice? If there isn't one we should invent one.

An Alice.

Robertoeess

Roberto said:
No ... Gardan's a bloke ... but you shouldn't say that anyway because there's no such word. :)

How do you know I'm a bloke????

Is it my posh masculine accent?

Gardan said:
How do you know I'm a bloke????
It says "male" in your profile and everyone's honest here.

And now that this thread's been resurrected, let's have a look at this from a couple of months ago:

GammaJammer said:
I personally think that the simple method that nbo advocates works pretty well. I try and do something similar myself (trading fx). I like it because I agree with the sentiment that the market can sometimes be one big spoof by the professionals (brokers, banks etc) and this system goes some way towards reducing the amount of times you get whipsawed out of a position (well that's kind of the theory anyway). In addition it seems to fit FX well as these retracements after key breaks are often when model based hedge funds etc will get signals generated to enter positions. "On the side of the pro's" etc.
Very interesting indeed. When you have time, GJ, could you expand on that a little? When you try to do something similar yourself, with Forex, what sort of time-scale of charts are you looking at? It's just what I'm looking at at the moment.

Roberto

Roberto said:
It says "male" in your profile and everyone's honest here.

And now that this thread's been resurrected, let's have a look at this from a couple of months ago:

Very interesting indeed. When you have time, GJ, could you expand on that a little? When you try to do something similar yourself, with Forex, what sort of time-scale of charts are you looking at? It's just what I'm looking at at the moment.

Ok Rob, sorry, you got me!

On to the serious stuff then, can anyone ask NBO to come back, I thought he made some great posts?

Gardan said:
On to the serious stuff then, can anyone ask NBO to come back, I thought he made some great posts?

Fortunately, the retracement setup is standard, probably the simplest, and has been around for a hundred years. Even so, beginners continue to fail with it because they make no distinctions between weak retracements, strong retracements, and retracements which aren't retracements at all. Nbo thinks it's easier than it is because somebody showed it to him. But describing it, particuarly with charts, is something else.

If you're interested, check out the following thread:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showthread.php?t=12235

Plus, he now has an apprentice.

Or should I say, an apprenticess???

Orlrite M8, I'm doing my best, but he's a very hard act to follow.............!

Soccers, Please come back........!

All is forgiven......... :cool:

maybe....... :confused:

definitely.......... :cheesy:

TheBramble said:
Gardan, what HAVE you gone and done?

You know he's there, lurking in the shadows - just waiting for his chance....

Plus, he now has an apprentice.

Or should I say, an apprenticess???

Is that a horologist apprenticeship your referring to Tony :?:

Last edited:
OOOH that was a HORRIBLE pun!
I bet we haven't seen the last of Soc. Personally I found posters like DBP a bit more to the point, all that mysticism and psychobabble stuff leaves me a bit cold... I already know me, Mum used to sew my nametag into my shorts and the message gradually soaked in. I'm incredibly disciplined, what I'm NOT is anything like as infallible as the casual reader will assume to be the norm around here <g>

Merry Christmas.
(Just thought I'd be annoyingly early with it <bg>)

TheBramble said:
I most definitely wasn't implying it was Gardan.

As for semantics, what is the female equivalent of an apprentice? If there isn't one we should invent one.

An Alice.

Apprentits? :cheesy:

DaveJB said:
me, Mum used to sew my nametag into my shorts and the message gradually soaked in.
You went around calling yourself St. Michael for a while though, didn't you...

No, that was the rich kids, I used to introduce myself as 'Mackay'.
Dave