Cable 2010

Yet again price has come to that trend line below 4h lows. Who likes to catch the tops - good opportunity (with low risk entry) - there is 50/50 chance may shoot up or pull back from the tl. I don't feel like that and I'll wait for a trend change.

Today hasn't been the best day for trend followers - or any sort of day traders. More enjoyable to watch paint dry than to trade today.

I've had plenty of time to think about day trading, money management etc., so came with the following conclusion:

:idea:If I enter a trade there are few possible outcomes:

1. small loss or b/e
2. small win or b/e
3. big win
4. big loss

So far as I avoid no. 4, I guess I'll make it as a day trader.

Today hasn't been the best day for trend followers - or any sort of day traders. More enjoyable to watch paint dry than to trade today.

I've had plenty of time to think about day trading, money management etc., so came with the following conclusion:

1. small loss or b/e
2. small win or b/e
3. big win
4. big loss

Take number 4 out of the equation (never let it happen) and you've got it beat. ;)

1. small loss or b/e
2. small win or b/e
3. big win
4. big loss

Many have suggested that even fairly random entries (on shorter TFs) will win 50% of the time, therefore proving that MM is everything...On the TFs you prefer there is no need for you to accept a large loss.

Essays all done :D back to cable as of today. All TF moving averages say uptrend, so does elliot wave, struggling to find an entry though. Any1 else watching cable

Essays all done :D back to cable as of today. All TF moving averages say uptrend, so does elliot wave, struggling to find an entry though. Any1 else watching cable

er like er what more do you or did you need...? ;)

a pullback would of been nice :) a long with a perfect bounce off the trend line

Which there was, with a very quick 20 pip move. and i missed it :|

Last edited:
a pullback would of been nice :) a long with a perfect bounce off the trend line

In your essays you need to remember it's would have not "would of"...:p Not sure where we're at with cable, as you stated longer term TFs 2-4hrs the upward trend is still very strong... have to see if price breaks through R1 and continues...Miles away from me going short...:sleep:

Last few days didn't feel like trading (no particular reason).
I prefer to be more enthusiastic when entering trades.

Just had a look at the chart - short time stuck in a range, but longer term up. I would expect it to break up (resistance round 250), but wouldn't trade it because of the market closure on Fri and Mon. Also tomorrow NFP - so difficult to know (today's price action could be similar to few hours pre report time on a normal NFP day).

long at 216
out +10 looking to go long again under 220

long 256
dont like this, it may be struggling with 260 resistance
stopped -20

short 85, stop just above R2
out breakeven, everyones gone home :| dont think il bother tomorrow or monday
and of course seconds later it breaks down

Last edited:
been short at 90 for a while now. hoping for a tripple top at 300
crud, stopped -15
short 317