Cable 2010

Again you are misleading. I said that you had claimed to make 1000-1500 pips per week. That was in an earlier post. You then "clumsily selected" as you put it, only the latter half of that, and said you had never claimed to make 1500 pips per week. Correct, you claimed to make 1000-1500 pips exactly as I said it. I then quoted your post in which you claimed that, just to confirm the truth for anyone reading. Reading a problem for you? I speak precisely, you speak in snake oil. Read it again.

If I claimed to make between 5,000 pips and 10,000 pips a day. And then when challenged I said, "oh I never said I could make 10,000 pips a day", what kind of pathetic response is that? It is off point, misleading, wasn't what was said or challenged, and is just another way of deflecting. You're good at deflection, I've noticed that.

I never offered to sell a strat to the lad
Yeah sure, the guy was looking for a mentor, you offered a £250 'consultation fee' and offered to reveal your strat to him. That's not you selling anything.
but perhaps would happily divulge my strat. over half a day, sharing ideas getting you trading well for £250?
No that's not sales at all. Silly me.

BTW you ever moved up to 50 quid a pip on your SB account and found it not gone too smoothly? Of course not, you're miles away
Actually yes I have traded at that size many times. You're correct that going from £5 per pip to £50 per pip is quite a big difference. Going from £5 to £10 is quite a big difference. Going from 5 to 6, still tricky, but very doable, especially if you're consistently profitable and most importantly have discipline. That is what you said right? You were making 1000-1500 pips a week from a long long time ago. Yes I would expect you to be trading more than £5 per point by now.

Also interesting to read another post of yours that you risk 2% a trade, but haven't had a drawdown over 4% in a long time. Very nice trading. Must have a very impressive success rate on your trades :)

As for the making a fool of myself. Yes, perhaps. Not the first, nor the last time I've been a fool. But to keep the honesty going, and to stop your continual deflection, I don't know anything about Robertson. I am sure it is easier to assume many things about me which aren't true, and make insults as you have to either make yourself feel better or deflect again. I'm just someone who is reading a forum, and although I'm far far from the best trader here, I know at least enough to see that a lot of what you post stinks. Not everything of course, but enough to make me suspicious.

Of course you come across as a likeable and humourous chap, so I'm sure nobody will notice, and you can continue your sales or shoudl I say, 'consultation' business. You're right though, it is ruining a thread, so that's my last post on you.

Grab a room you guys this is a discussion on cable. Egos make for bad traders just remember that.

Now back to the subject is this a fake out or a break out? My money is on the fake out but I could be wrong I just don't buy it is all.

Yes hop on but I tell you it was seat of the pants stuff. Had to hedge my trade with a short position on FTSE which worked out rather well.

short at 72, stop above the 77 previous support at 82. thats a stop size of 10 lol

out at breakeven, dont like this sideways action on the 5 min

Last edited:
Hey alex. We have to be careful though here need to go below 4960 to really go down fast. If we go up now to a higher high then it could mark a reversal.

Can understand that but I've seen these games before..looks like another test to the high lets see..the trend says no dice.

Last edited:
unbelievable. stop trigged a long and got me 16 pips. certainly nothing to be proud of, but pips all the same. Must remember those OCO's

Just seen your post. Interesting thoughts Flibble, im gonna sit back for a while

reversal candlestick on 5 min, followed by a break of the trend line. A lower high so im looking for short opportunity

Last edited:
short 91. stop is above the recent high at 5011 limit 71 and remembered OCO :D

Watch it too predictable your stop may get hunted.

Very tough to predict today but we have bearish divergence now as well as the candle patters as well as trend on our side. So its still a logical trade to go short.

Last edited:
yeah its looking that way, came pretty close and the momentum is still up. Bad decision im putting down to impatience

coming back down now.. my insides tell me to get out or take breakeven. But as long as it doesnt break the high my sentiment is still short... so will wait

Last edited:
Haven't done any trades so far. Price has been oscillating around that trend line (under 4h lows). No good for trend followers - I'll wait for a break (which way is going to break I have no clue)

haha yes! patience kicks ass
Out plus 4 pips. Ideally i would like to wait further but i have an essay to hand in at 2 and i still need to cite all my references. 20 pips a day is my target

Last edited:
That's a nice break out from 11:00 - 13:15 high (so far 52 pips)

Out 3/4 of the position at 15075 stop for the 1/4 15028

Out 1/4 at 15067 - don't want to wait for the stop and it's straggling to hit the pivot (15086)

Last edited:
Indeed followed up with the DOW got this very wrong today. Uptrend it is. Not related but the DOW could be heading for a double top like Januarys price when we crashed down. Looks a bit scary to me.

I don't blame you. Just remembered to cancel my short order. I had no idea which way it's going to break, so I put long and short orders (from the range)

Check out the trend line I drew on Saturday and where the e/u stopped this morning.

Although it looks like the pair is trying to find a bottom the trend is still clearly down.

I'd sit it out until some more confirmation.

Mike

medium term trend is down, long term trend is still up

Did few scalping shorts (one of them was quickly stopped - at 9:30 broke down and reversed quickly). One nice day may stick to my rules not to trade during reports. Anyway altogether -10 so far.

Price bounced off that trend line below 4h lows yet again.
No set up for me at the moment - waiting for a trend reversal or a break of the recent low.

long 012 stop 998

Out 1/2 034

out 1/4 022 Also stop moved to 018

out 1/4 051 (pivot)

Last edited:
order to buy at 53, stop 43 limit 73
come on! two pips from triggering an entry now.. orfer changed to long 54 stop 44
out +20

Last edited: