Cable 2010

You're right, I apologise. Just been reading a lot of well known posters here and realising half of what they say is ego-boosting lies. No call for me to criticise you though, as you did give your call ahead of time. On my IG chart as I said, you wouldn't have been filled, mid-price being 15025.9 i.e. with a spread of 3 you'd need your order 15024.4 or less. Different brokers/spreadbet shops have different prices though. Good trade.

Hi Shakone,

it's a good thing you are here to alert us about the posters with ego-boosting lies (as you put it). Only thing you should use better charting package, as in Alex's case you were clearly wrong.
Keep up the good work.

BTW it would be nice if you can give some live calls (based on some accurate charts of course)

Last edited:
Well Bedsit, Alexbabwa said he's using IG charts too. He also in fairness would probably admit his post wasn't quite clear because he posted in different units, i.e. he meant to write stop 10 limit 15 if both were in pips from entry, or stop 35, limit 10 if both were in absolute values. So it wasn't quite clear, but I apologised, so not really much need for you to jump in.

As for the live calls, no problem. Be happy to.

And the dishonest posters? Well I've been reading some old threads in which trader_dante states his account as 6 figures, and some threads where Black Swan states he's making 1000 - 1500 pips per week and consistently profitable. And yet they're both doing £5 per point (or less!) :s and they're not the only ones, just the most noticeable. Of course they could be telling the truth too, but something seems a little misleading about quite a few posters, don't you think? Then again, it could be just because I am not able to make 1000 pips a week consistently :)

Last edited:
Whats the buzz guys could be one hell of a risky trade on Monday either way. If we don't hold at these prices we could go down and down and down. Otherwise on a 4h chart could be considered still in uptrend Higher highs etc.
If I had to call it I'd say we'll get a fake breakout to the upside and then down hard. I'll play the fake out (if indeed it is) with a stop loss under each 10 point gain and then get ready for the fireworks either way I win.

Until that time will just play the small range with caution...I did 50ish trades last Friday alone. How are you chaps geared to play this?

Well Bedsit, Alexbabwa said he's using IG charts too. He also in fairness would probably admit his post wasn't quite clear because he posted in different units, i.e. he meant to write stop 10 limit 15 if both were in pips from entry, or stop 35, limit 10 if both were in absolute values. So it wasn't quite clear, but I apologised, so not really much need for you to jump in.

As for the live calls, no problem. Be happy to.

And the dishonest posters? Well I've been reading some old threads in which trader_dante states his account as 6 figures, and some threads where Black Swan states he's making 1000 - 1500 pips per week and consistently profitable. And yet they're both doing £5 per point (or less!) :s and they're not the only ones, just the most noticeable. Of course they could be telling the truth too, but something seems a little misleading about quite a few posters, don't you think? Then again, it could be just because I am not able to make 1000 pips a week consistently :)

Sorry about jumping in. Bit of criticism is OK with me, but I prefer if fellow members give live calls and some explanation why they did it - it's more beneficial for me.
I'm still in a learning mode as far as trading is concerned.
Best wishes.:)

I'm still in a learning mode as far as trading is concerned.

Me too. That's why I get annoyed if I feel someone isn't being honest. Can't be helping their trading, and defo not helping mine. But yeah I was wrong to jump on Alexbabwa.

Good trading tomorrow.

Whats the buzz guys could be one hell of a risky trade on Monday either way. If we don't hold at these prices we could go down and down and down. Otherwise on a 4h chart could be considered still in uptrend Higher highs etc.
If I had to call it I'd say we'll get a fake breakout to the upside and then down hard. I'll play the fake out (if indeed it is) with a stop loss under each 10 point gain and then get ready for the fireworks either way I win.

Until that time will just play the small range with caution...I did 50ish trades last Friday alone. How are you chaps geared to play this?

I can see trend line on 4h chart under the lows. Stoch is oversold and I would expect it to bounce off it. If it goes south may go some way (if it breakes the trend line). I'm not sure, but it seems Tokyo won't be open on Monday (some sort of holiday), so London and NY sessions may be decisive.

Yeah i did balls up my call using size for my limit and abosulte value for my stop. But then i didnt think someone would be over me with a microscope. The stop wouldnt have been triggered either way so there would be no evidence of foul play would there :S Yes there are bound to be dishonest posters but what does it matter to you? I've caught people out but i have no desire to out them because i am 100% focused on myself.

As for monday, personaly i expect it to break the 977 support and will hopefully ride it down. I anticipate a small bounce first though. Thats seems to be what happens with most double tops and bottoms. Ultimately its what the charts say

Me too. That's why I get annoyed if I feel someone isn't being honest. Can't be helping their trading, and defo not helping mine. But yeah I was wrong to jump on Alexbabwa.

Good trading tomorrow.

Yes, you were wrong to make such a tw@t out of yourself...but it was funny...:LOL: You appear to have a bit of a chip on your shoulder regarding what others make/take out of the market...unlucky...good luck with your issues...;)

Yeah i did balls up my call using size for my limit and abosulte value for my stop. But then i didnt think someone would be over me with a microscope. The stop wouldnt have been triggered either way so there would be no evidence of foul play would there :S Yes there are bound to be dishonest posters but what does it matter to you? I've caught people out but i have no desire to out them because i am 100% focused on myself.

As for monday, personaly i expect it to break the 977 support and will hopefully ride it down. I anticipate a small bounce first though. Thats seems to be what happens with most double tops and bottoms. Ultimately its what the charts say

You do not have to justify yourself to anyone regarding how you trade/how much you make on your short term time frames, I actually find it a bit sickening that a guy who contributes nothing, but questions everything, decided to pick on you/make you his *all in* sacrificial play and make such an utter tit out of himself...I alo find it a bit creepy tbh...To then call me out, drag me into his ramblings really pi55es me off..

I actually don't give a flying what others make on short term noise trading, strange how others are so focused on it, God there are some truly sad fookers that troll these forums...

im not sure about cable at the moment, but i do know i'm going to buy a bounce off of this HUGE support here off monthlies!

edit: maybe this is where the BOE intervenes?

Attachments

• bounce you prick.JPG
    bounce you prick.JPG
    141.9 KB · Views: 131
You do not have to justify yourself to anyone regarding how you trade/how much you make on your short term time frames, I actually find it a bit sickening that a guy who contributes nothing, but questions everything, decided to pick on you/make you his *all in* sacrificial play and make such an utter tit out of himself...I alo find it a bit creepy tbh...To then call me out, drag me into his ramblings really pi55es me off..

I actually don't give a flying what others make on short term noise trading, strange how others are so focused on it, God there are some truly sad fookers that troll these forums...

'noise' is movement after all so you can bank from it, you make around 100 pips daily which is pretty damn good so yeh i wouldn't give a flying :).

The reason most people dislike lower TFs is because they suck at it: 1% of daytraders make money or something.

so i'm trying swing trading currencies with funnymentals so that i can invest long term, then once i have time i'll trade intraday too.

'noise' is movement after all so you can bank from it, you make around 100 pips daily which is pretty damn good so yeh i wouldn't give a flying :).

The reason most people dislike lower TFs is because they suck at it: 1% of daytraders make money or something.

so i'm trying swing trading currencies with funnymentals so that i can invest long term, then once i have time i'll trade intraday too.

Yeh, that sounds great...whatever....

Don't know about you guys but I sleep very badly when I have a position overnight. I have a short still open for this which is currently 8 pips in the red. I don't expect a bounce straight away though looks like we're in consolidation. The range is getting smaller and smaller almost like a NR10000 formation :) This could get mighty interesting. I'm getting excited already. To those guys who say that Forex should be boring.....meh come and have a play on the shorter time frames. But don't expect to make money unless you are very skilled and have cahonas the size of beachballs. Im still working on the skill bit :whistling

Yes I was wrong on Alexbabwa Black Swan. But at least I can recognise it, and correct it. You on the other hand, do not correct your mistakes. Such as the bad advice that you dole out, and the lies that you furnish T2W with, along with your arrogance. I don't for a second believe that anyone who makes 1000-1500 pips a week (as you have claimed), every week, and is as consistent as you pretend to be, would still be trading £5 per point. I trade larger size than that, and I'm not nearly that successful. That's not the only lie you're caught on either is it? A large amount of your comments come across as 'iffy' at best. But you do talk the talk with a lot of confidence, I'll give you that.

Yes, I jumped on Alexbabwa unfairly. Because I had been reading through many threads, and caught lie after lie (not from him actually, from others). And the frustration just got the better of me :) . Everyone has their faults, one of mine is I hate people leading others astray. I can't stand the dishonesty involved. Alexbabwa was jumped on unfairly, but I apologised to him. Will you do T2Win the honours and apologise for your lies? I doubt it.

Also, I've often noted, that when you dangle a fishing line in, you only know you've caught something when the feel that tug on the line. This is what your two posts have just confirmed to me.

Yes I was wrong on Alexbabwa Black Swan. But at least I can recognise it, and correct it. You on the other hand, do not correct your mistakes. Such as the bad advice that you dole out, and the lies that you furnish T2W with, along with your arrogance. I don't for a second believe that anyone who makes 1000-1500 pips a week (as you have claimed), every week, and is as consistent as you pretend to be, would still be trading £5 per point. I trade larger size than that, and I'm not nearly that successful. That's not the only lie you're caught on either is it? A large amount of your comments come across as 'iffy' at best. But you do talk the talk with a lot of confidence, I'll give you that.

Yes, I jumped on Alexbabwa unfairly. Because I had been reading through many threads, and caught lie after lie (not from him actually, from others). And the frustration just got the better of me :) . Everyone has their faults, one of mine is I hate people leading others astray. I can't stand the dishonesty involved. Alexbabwa was jumped on unfairly, but I apologised to him. Will you do T2Win the honours and apologise for your lies? I doubt it.

Also, I've often noted, that when you dangle a fishing line in, you only know you've caught something when the feel that tug on the line. This is what your two posts have just confirmed to me.

Please enlighten me with regards to the "bad advice and lies " I dole out on a regular basis with some pertinent examples..as all I can see from my control panel is a steady and regular influx of rep and PMs from the experienced traders/posters I respect and rate, oh btw, the majority of those don't call out trades either, they don't feel the need, strange that...

You're coming across as a bit of a ranter, sad, bitter and very very misguided...

As to the lot size I trade, (or the ppp if SB) that's none of your business and I rarely mention my size of trades, neither do I regularly inform posters of the successes I have..neither have I at any time claimed to have made 1,500 pips every week over a consistent period...

You're in a bit of a mess, I'd go back to lurking for a while if I were you, the markets are open and I've got far better things to do with my time than to argue with gob5hites like you, there's a good lad, get back to the shadows where you can forensically analyse and stalk, it might make you feel better regards your P&L...

Last edited by a moderator:
neither have I at any time claimed to have made 1,500 pips every week over a consistent period...

Oh really?

Saw your post thought I'd pm you. Been trading 2 years now, 1 year full time and now consistently profitable - 1,000 -1,500 pips per week. I trade 9 currency pairs and use an easy to show/follow strat.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trading-journals/81682-swing-trades-32.html#post1006248]

Oh and the £5 per point thing...

5 quid a pip for me...safe, boring, predictable...

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/tra...pips-daily-trading-signals-7.html#post1051942

Ahhh, honesty. Golden.

Christ on a bike, you are one sad stalker...not sure how good you are with maths but let me help you a bit with this, taking 1000 pips out of the forex market or 1,500 is a 50% difference, I stated between 1000 and 1,500. Taking 1000 pips from 9 pairs and one commodity equates to roughly 100 pips per pair/commodity per week, 20 per day, if you can't do that (consistently) on a swing strat. then perhaps you should find yourself another job...However, last Q 2009 was brilliant for me, first 2 months of 2009 not so, er....that's what happens with trading...but I'll just keep on doing...whilst you do whatever it is you do...

And bless, you also appear to have a problem with lot size/risk/money management, presumably that's why you don't trade, can't trade, but choose instead to stalk forums rather than engage with them...I don't need advice as to how I should manage my account/s, by trading several pairs I spread/hedge my risks, however, I'm mindful of not risking too much of any one account at any one time, limiting that by lot size, or ppp is a very straightforward MM method. Or do you imagine that if you regularly make/take 1000 pips from the market you simply go all in one week; I dunno, 100 lots on one account, 1K per pip per pair on another...LOL, you really are messed up, like I said up thread, good luck with your issues sonny...

I mentioned that you had claimed to make 1000-1500 pips per week. You can go back and read it in my post. It is clear. You then said you've never claimed to make 1500 pips. So I put your post up from quite some time ago, in which you did claim it. Also you tried to offer your strat for £250 was it? To someone called piker. Interesting.

As for the money management, mine is fine thanks. Is your response like that because you got showed up, and you want to claim I don't/can't trade? lol. Oops, I think I've hit too close to home for you. I'm happy to admit I don't take 1000 pips out of the market per week. Already did admit it :)

So you're still sticking to you making 1000-1500 pips per week (exactly as I said), and after this year and more of you trading full time, and after these many weeks in which you gained 1000-1500 pips, you couldn't stretch to £6 per point? Couldn't stretch to £10 per point some weeks later? No. Of course I don't think you should go all in, that's moronic, and you are only suggesting that to deflect and attempt to make me look like I don't know what I am writing about. It might work on some, but I don't think it will work on everyone who reads this. But anyway, with such a huge edge as yours, and so consistent as you claim... YOU would be foolish to still be messing around with £5 per point. Even at 2-3% per trade you should be doing far more size now after all those 1000 pip+ weeks.

By the way, I'm exceptional with maths. I have a PhD in it. You on the other hand, have a PhD in BS hence your name I imagine.

In fact it's now your lack of honesty on view, you're clumsily selecting and twisting my words, (present and previous). I stated that I had never claimed to make 1500 pips per week consistently...I consistently made 1000-1500 in the final 2 Qs of 2009, is that big numbers to you, can you *cope* with it?. Bless...;)

Given you like searching for posts you may find some early on in the year were there was a discussion re. targets for the year, mine is to take £250K out of the markets this year, but to half the pip count/half the work/stress...you probably missed that one, busy stalking doggers in Tescos' car parks no doubt...

I never offered to sell a strat to the lad, he wanted a mentor and was prepared to cough up thousands which was v. sily of him, I suggested we could meet up (given I was down his way at Xmas), have a chat, take a few trades together and he could pay £250 at a future date if my strat worked for him..and you have a problem with that how...? Taught me a valuable lesson though, I'll never discuss my trades in depth (or strat.) with anyone who is new to me or who I don't believe to be trustworthy again...

Back on to the risk, I wasn't aware of the pre-determined rules of forex that state if you can do it with x amount of lots/pound per pip just move up... simples...Jeez...But you havn't a clue what my lot size is on DMA.. In Feb I took experimental trades off the dailys, at a quid a pip, using SB to try out a few strats, got close on 600 pips on one, think it was USD/CHF, that OK with you? I also moved down to half hour TFs for day trading trying to pick the best set ups, didn't work..that OK with you?

BTW you ever moved up to 50 quid a pip on your SB account and found it not gone too smoothly? Of course not, you're miles away, you simply have pre-conceptions that traders effortlessly move through the gears (psychologically and otherwise) and lo and behold one day it's £10K risk on every trade just like the institutional guys...

You need to move on from this as you're simply making a fool of yourself, you seem a tad obsessed, you were one of Robertson's acolytes weren't you? Says it all...

Now have the last word, the floor is yours, you've ruined this thread with your pathetic out of nowhere paranoid rant v Alex and now you've kicked off v me, I've never used the ignore feature on any forum, how sad I might have to eventually use it on you...