Cable 2010

15min to get my main perspective, use 5min as well to help get entry points and for very quick trades. Tradefair offer 2 pip spread even during that news release, so its great for scalping. Unfortunately im -2 pips for today as that one trade erased my scalping profits

Trend is up, price pulling back to 20sma on 5 min, may use it as an entry long soon

long 45, stop below r1
stop at breakeven 11:34

Last edited:
15min to get my main perspective, use 5min as well to help get entry points and for very quick trades. Tradefair offer 2 pip spread even during that news release, so its great for scalping. Unfortunately im -2 pips for today as that one trade erased my scalping profits

Trend is up, price pulling back to 20sma on 5 min, may use it as an entry long soon

long 45, stop below r1
stop at breakeven 11:34

Got ya...losers ten pips (ish) winners 25-30 pips, 1 loser for every two winners? Happy days..:)

again long 42
again stopped - 6
long 40 at half stake, stopped breakeven

Last edited:
May go for a break out of 12:00-14:15 range.

Only thing - I don't know what time is Bernanke's testimony

Got some pips from that break (left only 1/4 of pos open and moved stop to 305)

Last edited:
long 300 tight stop 295
just bounced perfectly off the trend line, have a good feeling about this :)
cancel that good feeling, stopped -5, short 295 with a bigger stop of 305
limit added at 270
Not comfortable how long its taking and how its struggling with 80 so took for +15

argh literally 2 minutes later it smashed through my target! whats wrong with me, discipline, patience, discipline, patience

Looking to go long at S1
long 222 stop 215
out +10

Last edited:
Short tf trend is down, but there is a 61.80 % Fib at round 130 (move from the low on 16/3 to the high on 17/3 - most recent extremes) - may bounce off it.
Not good enough for me to go for a long - need trend reversal as well.

Short tf still down

Flat, ranging - may go for a break out later on

quick 30 from the break

Last edited:
only been in front of the charts since 2.45 cant see any opportunities. Planning to go long on a rebound from 980 -70 area given todays range

long at 02 stop 75 out +13 looking to go long again

Last edited:
Trying to decide at what point would a trend reversal be confirmed here, and not just be a pullback. Going to look for a short term up trend lasting at least 30 minutes

There is a trend line under 4h lows. According to that it may stop falling around 960 - 970

Also it's oversold on Stoch 5/3/3 - 4h chart

May be too late to trade now - don't like to leave it open over weekend.

Last edited:
Just got back from the gym, limit hit :D good times 41 pips yesterday 28 today in a few hours. Im going to endeavour to be patient all the time. Managed to remember to use an OCO this time as well lol, no more suprised entries from forgotten stops.

Just checked the charts, my entry was within a pip of the high and my exit was within 1.5 pips of the low. Lucky there...

Just checked the charts, my entry was within a pip of the high and my exit was within 1.5 pips of the low. Lucky there...

Indeed.

Alexbabwa, my chart seems to be different to yours. You entered at 15025 and limit 15 I assume 15015 rather than 15 pip difference. That's not within 1.5 pips of the low. If you are taking the 15 pip difference, then I guess it makes more sense, but then you're taking up positions with stop size 35, and limit size 15. Doesn't sound like a recipe for success to me. Also with a 2 pip spread, my charting says you wouldn't have got that fill anyway. But my charting must be off by a little...

It is not just this either. Something seems 'wrong' about your posts. You make a large stop, then when the trade is wrong, you post much later that you got stopped for a minor -6 pips or moved stop to breakeven. Maybe I'm getting too suspicious these days. Apologies if I'm wrong. Oh well :)

Last edited:
Indeed.

Alexbabwa, my chart seems to be different to yours. You entered at 15025 and limit 15 I assume 15015 rather than 15 pip difference. That's not within 1.5 pips of the low. If you are taking the 15 pip difference, then I guess it makes more sense, but then you're taking up positions with stop size 35, and limit size 15. Doesn't sound like a recipe for success to me. Also with a 2 pip spread, my charting says you wouldn't have got that fill anyway. But my charting must be off by a little...

It is not just this either. Something seems 'wrong' about your posts. You make a large stop, then when the trade is wrong, you post much later that you got stopped for a minor -6 pips or moved stop to breakeven. Maybe I'm getting too suspicious these days. Apologies if I'm wrong. Oh well :)

It may not be a recipie for success, but then if i was successful, would i be posting frequently here? No i don't lie about my trades, if the idea is to be a better trader learning from this forum then that would be counter productive. My stop was at 5035 just above a tripple top, not 35 pips away from my entry. The stop size was 10, limit was 15. I use IG charts you can check for yourself and was using GFT for this trade not tradefair so had a 3 pip spread not 2. Here is a screenshot of the trade. I hope in future even if you are certain someone is lieing, that you won't feel the need to take it upon yourself to expose them. There are much better things to focus even a few minutes energy on.

Edit: As for reporting late on triggered stops or exits. I don't sit in front of my pc every minute for the trading day. I like to wonder around to chat to flatm8s, eat food, play some Nintendo WII etc, especially if i using orders.

Attachments

• trade.bmp
    49.7 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
You're right, I apologise. Just been reading a lot of well known posters here and realising half of what they say is ego-boosting lies. No call for me to criticise you though, as you did give your call ahead of time. On my IG chart as I said, you wouldn't have been filled, mid-price being 15025.9 i.e. with a spread of 3 you'd need your order 15024.4 or less. Different brokers/spreadbet shops have different prices though. Good trade.