Votes: 94 54.7%
  • Nader

Votes: 8 4.7%
  • None of the above!

Votes: 22 12.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe in any conspiracy theories but I can spot when a politician has either lied or got it so completely wrong that they have demonstrated their incompetence. WMD's in Iraq is one example and seeing Donald Rumsfeld demonstrating that Bin Laden had a series of James Bond villain type caves, kitted out with everything you could think of was another good one. Why they have to make things up when the facts are bad enough already is beyond me.

Now days it seems the more you get it wrong, the more responsibility you are given.

BIGB,
"Now days it seems the more you get it wrong, the more responsibility you are given".

this is not just "Now days"...and what you are referring to is a well established maxim known has Peter's Principle....which a casual interpretation asserts that people eventually rise to find theirown level of incompetence

Poke...people called George from Texas don't have to rise that far to find that level ;)

Last edited:
Bigbusiness "Why they have to make things up when the facts are bad enough already is beyond me."

Nice quote, I dont need to examine this statement, as it tells it own story. However I may add, what are the facts ? Think about that.... and where do you hear about these "facts" in order to make an accurate judgement / assessment of the subject issue. Do you believe that the stories the neo-cons tell us are essentially correct but with a little added spice ? The whole story comes from the same source, so any lateral and logical thinker must therefore question the motives and integrity. I challenge anyone to debunk that form of thinking. (The perfect example here is "45 mins WOMD can be deployed" here we have the so called fact which are WOMD, then the spin with 45 mins. (FACT, There were no weapons of mass destruction in the first place)).

Now for the conspiracy denials. First of all, the powers that be have the general population so desensitised via secrecy acts & media manipulation, to the extent, that soon as anyone dares step out from the norm, or rock the boat with any sort of radical theory, that they are immediately chastised by all quarters of society. Quite handy eh, from a controlling point of view. People either are truly brainwashed, are not intelligent enough to think for themselves, in a state of denial, or quite simply support the neo-conservative agenda thereby ridiculing anyone who speaks out.

Fox news are in bed with the republicans, this is common knowledge.... Why do the governments impose 30 year secrecy acts ? To protect the people ? Now this is funny, would everyone go around killing everyone else if they just told the truth ? I dont think so. So therefore, secrecy acts are maintained in order to purely suppress information, which is a form of control, this control extends to what bigbusiness quoted earlier. They retain secrets then spin spin spin. So why do they need to place spin on a cause that is justifiable without question, quite simply because it is not justifiable without question, thats why they do it ! and if you either cannot or will not see that because of personal interests then your either again, brainwashed or "one of them" one of them has many forms, the most elementary of which is just to vote for the neo-cons, whether through ignorance, desensitisation or self interests.

I am a lateral thinker, nothing more nothing less.

Last edited:
I have a few problems with most conspiracy theories. The first is that fact is often stranger than fiction and quite often weird things happen that the conspiracy theorists think are not possible. Just because something seems unlikely doesn't mean there has to be a conspiracy.

Those that come up with the conspiracy theories are often making up a story themselves. I find the conspiracy theory often falls apart when you look at some of the evidence. For example, conspiracy theorists say that a bomb hit the Pentagon on 9/11 rather than a plane, despite lots of eye witnesses seeing the plane. The CCT didn't capture the plane but at the speed it was travelling, it was not likely to.

If we don't believe the conspiracy theory we are told we are being brainwashed. I find that argument hilarious. I am quite capable of making up my own mind and it looks like the conspiracy theorists are the ones who should be wary of being brainwashed.

So I think JFK was shot by Lee Harvey Oswald, we did land on the Moon and Diana did die in a genuine car crash. Not much hope for me is there :)

But the FBI did manage to find one of the hijackers paper passports at ground zero in amongst all of that rubble !! :) 2 Gold stars for that me boyo....

Bearing in mind that the twin towers inner steel structure had just melted under the inferno and collapsed.... A touch of spin perhaps ? Or are they just taking the **** out of those that believe most if not everything they say, without much questioning in most cases.

I feel that the parameters of this discussion have begun to diverge somewhat, the fact is we now have Bush in power again. The opium trade continues to expand at a rate even the chinese would be proud of, right out of liberated Afghanistan. Ive made my comments, Iam happy with my level of understanding & awareness regarding global and economic manipulation. I dont mind about any neo-con views & levels of understanding or awareness , or take offence. so I now bow out gracefully.

Perrington said:
But the FBI did manage to find one of the hijackers paper passports at ground zero in amongst all of that rubble !! :) 2 Gold stars for that me boyo....

Bearing in mind that the twin towers inner steel structure had just melted under the inferno and collapsed.... A touch of spin perhaps ? Or are they just taking the **** out of those that believe most if not everything they say, without much questioning in most cases.

Similar items were found from the space shuttle. I suppose they were planted as well? It is amazing that items survive those situations but it can and does happen. If it was such a strange thing to find, why would they plant it? It does look highly suspicious and I doubt anyone would plant that passport, as it gives the conspiracy theorists too much ammunition.

I'm off on holiday to Bush country now. I just want to supsersize for a couple of weeks. I hope they let me in. If , when I get back I start agreeing with ivorm et al you'll know I watched too much FOX news.
Good luck in the markets.
A parting gesture from the great man himself to all those "evil doers".

Attachments

• bushfinger.jpg
    bushfinger.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 414
twalker said:
I'm off on holiday to Bush country now. I just want to supsersize for a couple of weeks. I hope they let me in. If , when I get back I start agreeing with ivorm et al you'll know I watched too much FOX news.
Good luck in the markets.
A parting gesture from the great man himself to all those "evil doers".

If you dislike US so much don't go on hols there. No doubt like all clueless Brits who go to Disneyland for 2 weeks you'll come back an expert on US culture. (I am a Brit BTW).

Well said Dax.

The bottomline is straightforward:

1) Islamic terrorism is evil.
2) Bush kills more Islamic nutters than any other President would have the will to.
3) If I was American, Bush would have got my vote.

I look forward to military co-operation between the world's two largest democracies (India and USA) and to the extermination of the Islamic terrorists.

I am simply delighted that Bush won; he has the respect of peoples of India for his excellent work in the war against terrorism. 4 more years!

I look forward to military co-operation between the world's two largest democracies (India and USA)

God forbid that 2 lunatic nations like these will ever be in cahoots !!

Salty Gibbon said:
God forbid that 2 lunatic nations like these will ever be in cahoots !!

Your comments are uncalled for, Sally. You have just called the world's two largest democracies lunatic nations. I suppose you also think Al-Quaeda is cool, lol.

P.S. Your profile probably explains your off the wall comments!!

Scooby Doo
Retired madman - now trading
United Kingdom
Biography:
Off the wall
Interests:
Plenty but naughty

If you dislike US so much don't go on hols there. No doubt like all clueless Brits who go to Disneyland for 2 weeks you'll come back an expert on US culture. (I am a Brit BTW).

Where did you come from? What kind of stupid statement is that? Are you suggesting anybody who does not support Tony Blair hates Great Britain? When did I ever say I disliked the US? I don't, I have spent a lot of time there, worked out there, have family and many friends living there and have had fantastic times there. It is an amazing country. Do not tie political and policy viewpoint with patriotism and the like, that is a mistake most Israelis make to their cost cleverly the Bush Administration has tried to do the same thing and they have been pretty successful.

TraderPattern,

ALL terrorism is evil.
whether it is islamic, ETA ( Spain ), IRA ( Ireland ), Contra ( Central America ), Tamils ( southern india ).

The points that appear to be missed, is not that we should be soft on terrorism, but we should behave differently to distinguish "us" from "them".

If all you do is replace "Iraqi military" abuse in Abu-Gharib (spelling), with "ameican military" abuse, we become indistinguishable from the very terrorism or dictatorship we want to replace.
( would you prefer to be sexually abused by an Iragi-trained soldier, or an american one ?
Would you like to be dragged around on a leash by an iraqi or an american ? )

WE HAVE TO BE DIFFERENT, otherwise we are just replacing one form of brutality with another.

Cluster bombs which kill innocents is no different to suicide bombs which kill innocents.

I think twalker has already said, that the IRA were beaten through a long-drawn out intelligence battle, where we knew their moves and could eliminate bomb-attacks on the UK mainland.
The UK won by NOT bombing Dublin.
( this battle was not helped by lovely americans providing finance through Noraid ).

India: TraderPattern.
Pakistan is the source of islamic militants in the unstable northern india region.
Pakistan is an islamic country.
Pakistan was overthrown by General Musharraf ( spelling ), and turned into a dictatorship.
I think he won 100% of the recent elections. ( what a surprise ).
The US ( one of the great democracies ) provides weapons to Pakistan. ( F-16s etc )
The US provides satellite intelligence to Pakistan. ( the balance of powere is with pakistan, not with india, the great democracy )
The US does NOT care about India, as india are predominantly armed by Russia ( Migs, Sukhoi fighters, russion desgined tanks etc ).
If you want to suck up to the US, start buying US weaponry.
They dont care if you are a democracy.
But they will LOVE you if you spend billions on US-made fighter-jets, tanks, missiles.
So, stop spending money on schools for kids.
Stop spending money on medicines for dying indian kids.
Stop spending money on combatting rural poverty.

Write a big fat check for US-weapons, and you can BUY their friendship.
It worked for Iraq ( for a while ).
It is working for Pakistan ( for now ).

Please understand, I, and I believe, the other posters, have not been saying we shouldnt fight terrorism.

We need to show we are different. And that means not killing indiscriminately.
How else are we going to win the respect and loyalty of any region ?

Your comments are uncalled for, Sally. You have just called the world's two largest democracies lunatic nations.

I am sorry Trader Pattern me old cocker.

Yes, I am mad and completely off the wall but I do possess the intellect required to realise that and fully admit it. It does help to be that way for trading purposes too matey.

As for my comments old son, I did not realise that the legitimacy of a democracy can be measured by its size. Are you implying that the world's 2 largest democracies are in any way the best or most sophisticated ?

If so, I must be missing something because from where I am sitting the world's most lunatic democracy has just elected a barking mad nutter into the White House. ( note I did not say re-elected because this was in fact Mr Bush's first ever election win ). The trouble is that Mr Bush clearly does not possess the intellect required to realise he is a fruitcake and neither do the 59 million or so ( give or take a moron or three ) dummies who elected him.

As for the great democracy of India, it might be better for them to concern themselves with Hindu fundamentalist terrorists and bride burners before switching their attention to the world stage.

Now if you don't mind me old mate, I need to go to the pub and consume around 14 gallons of beer cos my throat is as dry as Ghandi's flip flop.

Toodle pip, woof woof woof woof woof............

And btw, the name is Salty ( as in bags of crisps ) and not Sally ( as in Army Band ).

lol

I stand corrected T Walker.

It is highly probable ( like a Mr Charts trade ) that Mr Bush has never been elected.

Slurp..

Status
Not open for further replies.