Best Thread Bund Bobl and Schatz Thread

Mr. Gecko

Stick with a 15 min chart or if you like tick charts stick with a 300 tick chart. These will give you surefire support/resistance levels that you can scalp off of.

Crude, Arbitrageur,

M&S's latest line in ladies' silk underwear is very comfortable (so a friend tells me)

Mr Gecko,

My principal charts (for entry) are 15-tick for the bobl, 25-tick for the bund; 1-minute for the Stoxx. Timing and exit is via the DOM/Time and Sales. 5-min charts are used for short-term trends, sp/rs. 15-min, 60-min and day are also used for sp/rs.

Thanks for the help Grantx; I've looked at tick charts before and couldn't make head nor tail of ém :( , guess I'll have to get better charting ::(

p.s. are you friends with Paxman???

Mr. Gecko

Stick with a 15 min chart or if you like tick charts stick with a 300 tick chart. These will give you surefire support/resistance levels that you can scalp off of.

thanks mate, I'll check them out.

MrGecko,

My tick charts are in the form of bar charts – very simple to identify potential turning points. However, if buy ‘em recommends a 300 tick, I’ll also take a serious look at this.

Paxman? Who the fucck does he think he is – the Duke of Kent? Talk about being up your own aarse. BBC tossser. End of rant.

Grant.

Hello guys

Met a trader a couple of days ago who said the Bund ( generic 10year yield, he kept saying, whatever that means) obeys s/r and fibs really well. Have you guys ever done this ? This guy trades for a bank btw.

IB offers eurex data for 12 euros I think - if anyone has any experience care to share ?

Grant, hows things up north ? ANy more ground shakes ?

Shamik.:cheesy:

Hello Shamik,

How's things? I keep getting a sharp pain in my shoulder. What do you...Sod it. I'll drop you a line.

Grant.

MrGecko,

My tick charts are in the form of bar charts – very simple to identify potential turning points. However, if buy ‘em recommends a 300 tick, I’ll also take a serious look at this.

Paxman? Who the fucck does he think he is – the Duke of Kent? Talk about being up your own aarse. BBC tossser. End of rant.

Grant.

I believe that everybody has to find his own timeframe(s).

In general I believe that tick or volume charts are better than time charts - so timeframe is not 100% correct...

@buy 'em: Do you only use the 15 min?

At the moment I'm in between using two or only one chart...

mckaldey

The fewer charts you have up the better. I only have the 15 min chart up but the 300 is just about the same as the 15 min. I find the 15 min chart give great S/R levels but like you said everybody needs to find out what works for them. Most of my trading is based on the orderbook and not on the chart so picking out a chart is not that important to me.

Well looking to the week ahead I think we could see treasuries sell off. Both the bund and schatz seem to signal weakness in their charts. 10yr note also looking weak. A triangle pattern is forming on the 15 min chart in schatz and whichever way that breaks out (with some conviction) I think that will set the tone for the rest of the week.

Good Trading Everybody.

Buy 'em,

With weakening US economy and more rate-cuts by the fed I think we'll see a shift from the short to the long end. However, we may also see the short end supported by switching of sellers of equity market products and corporate debt (not to mention a broader equity market sell-off by those big players who can't meet margin calls).

I reckon any selling in the bond futures markets will be countered by buying on dips. Further, if the dollar continues to weaken, we may see even more pronounced buying of Eurex bonds.

Grant.

That is very true. However I think equities have just about bottomed and the next major leg is to the upside on equities. I do think we will continue to chop around in treasuries because like you said its not all over yet but it is close to being over with and the next major move is down. Lots of selling of calls in the US options pits, but mostly short strangles and straddles being done.

Buy 'em,

"equities have just about bottomed". We've only just started. An interesting week, no doubt. Maybe Asia overnight will provide a clue.Let's see.

Good Trading,

Grant.

grant

Apparently they havn't quite bottomed yet. Your right so far. Im short a few 30yr at 117.10

Lets see if this works out. Good gap play to put on imo.

Buy 'em,

Looking at bobl at moment. Wrong footed on early trades but made back since. Pattern seems to be sellers coming in, then buying on dips. Break of highs not bad trades so far. But as you know, only works until it doesn't so got to watch for break of pattern. Europe equities open soon. That may give a clue as to direction. I reckon down for equities - even the good news is bad.

Hope the 30's play out.

Good Trading,

Grant.

Buy 'em,

If your 30's didn't work out, fuuck it. You'll make it all back, and more. Keep the faith, so speak.

Good trading,

Grant.

grantx

Thanks man, Actually they worked out well, I was just scalping em anyway and they worked out for a couple of tick so I can't complain! I just am glad I didn't hold on to em. I will try to get more active in this thread and maybe we can make this a busling thread full of eurex fixed income traders!

Good Trading Guys

Hello all,
First post here. I have been trading the Bund since last October, and been lurking on this board from even before that. Hope I can to add to the discussion here. :)

Regards,
Kobeyashi

In the first posts some insights were shared about the trading the contracts this thread is about.

I would be interested what you guys think are advantages (and also disadvantages) in comparison to the typical e-minis for example.

I have to say that I will of course have to do my own research, but due to the job, I don't have so much time at the moment.

From a risk management point of view (tick value, volatility) are BOBL and Schatz for example comparable to an e-mini contract?