Best Thread Bund Bobl and Schatz Thread

look at the move just now in the bund from 90 to 118.05 all the way back to 98. u think that was paper buying? lol

nice

I am starting to understand how the game works now. Im short a fair amount of schatz at 105.19 and so far so good.

So mpoufos, any way you could give us a couple of tips as to how to locate whether this guy is net long or short? Is he just in the bund or does he play in the bobl and schatz also?

Thanks Man

Genuine bid at 105.15 (4k lot) in schatz. Traded a ton of contracts at this level and I expect it to hold.

mpoufos is talking about 'flippers' who trade actively in the bunds. Do a search on Paul Rotter who trades 200-300,000 roundturns a day and reportedly makes 50-60 million EUR a year just trading Eurex. Now has his own fund rotterinvest.com These are the kind of people you're up against worth baring in mind.

I understand the flippers (especially what Paul does) but for some reason I think mpoufos is talking about a different trading style and not just the same old flipping.

its the same guys just evolved with the market, creating new styles each time and it makes sense. u cant use the same style every time, the market eventually gets u. these guys manipulate bobl and schatz most of the times to get fills in bunds. especially bobl man since it has gone half tick look at it. its a joke. schatz the same but in a less extent (although some mormings it has a bigger range than the bund). there is not a specific tip that i can give u (everyone has his own style) every time is different. i suppose u have to feel the pain in order to feel the market. me personally i go commando on his back if i see he is going for an exaggeration move and try to cover in gann levels and reverse my position there. and most of the times i try to catch the reversal on exaggeration moves. it always depends on the time as well. but there is nothing better than catching a good 20-30 tick move either on a trend or figure or whatever it is. i dont use any advanced charts or any rocket engineering charts. just try to catch the feeling of the market and if i am wrong i am wrong

Mpoufos

Thanks a lot for the advice it is greatly appreciated! Im done for the day but before I leave I would like to ask you one more question. I have noticed that say when the market is 93 bid at 94 offered and 94 gets taken out in one clip (or a few clips) then a bid steps up at 94 but its small and as soon as it steps up it gets taken out. Then another small bid will appear and it too gets taken out. If the small bid does not step up anymore a nice size offer appears at 94 and it gets hit in size again. Then the process repeats itself.

However if 94 gets taken out and a large bid steps up this does not happen and instead guys start hitting the 95 offer.

Can you tell me if the guys that keeps hitting the small bids stepping up are the big locals? It makes since because they are actually long the market and they are crossing the offers and finally when a bid steps up they first have to decide if it looks big enough that it could carry some momentum and they might be able to milk the market for a few more ticks or if it is not a very big bid and they need to hit it and cover as many of their longs as they can.

Just something I noticed today after reading you recent posts.

Thanks Again, you have made this thread much more valuable imo!

Good Trading Guys

buy em man u got me confused honesly haha. ok write it again but pls use the term "lift" for bying and "hit" for sellin bids. u are leaving before retail sales????

After these insightful posts before I feel kind of bad to say that I really enjoyed my first day of real simtrading the bobl. :cheesy:

This really seems to be the contract I was looking for, smooth with some trends.

I was trading based on 512 and 8 tick chart. To find my entries I only use trendlines and of course market structure like higher highs, hl, double tops and bottoms and general congestions.

I still have a problem to make my decision regarding broker and platform.

At the moment I'm using the AMP Ninjatrader simulator, but with the volume issue on eurex, this could be problematic as T&S and volume charts are worthless.

The TT feed is an option, but maybe also Interactive Brokers. Does anybody gathered some experiences on using tick or volume charts with the cummulated IB feed?

Any broker/software suggestions in general?

Ingo,

I think this is correct. IB's data is not every tick but a snapshot over a short period (1 second?).
So your 8 tick chart may not actually be 8 ticks. But this may be irrelevant - whatever your chart is, if it is successsful, then you don't need to worry.

However, I suspect their "snapshot" could be inadequate if one is scalping for a few ticks - there would obviously be time-lag

"At the moment I'm using the AMP Ninjatrader simulator, but with the volume issue on eurex, this could be problematic as T&S and volume charts are worthless".

Could you explain what you mean here?

Grant.

Hi Grant,

I believe the IB tick update rhythm is 20 milliseconds.

The volume issue I described has to do with a general problem of the Zen Fire data feed on eurex, which plots every volume as a count of 99.

At the moment I'm looking into velocity and advantage because of TT feed an Ninja...

Just realized that the commissions should be essentially lower compared to the e-minis. IB charges $4 I believe, but I think it's possible to get around $2.50 maybe.

"At the moment I'm using the AMP Ninjatrader simulator, but with the volume issue on eurex, this could be problematic as T&S and volume charts are worthless".

Could you explain what you mean here?

Grant.

Last edited:
buy em man u got me confused honesly haha. ok write it again but pls use the term "lift" for bying and "hit" for sellin bids. u are leaving before retail sales????

Sorry buddy, its hard for me to explain these things on what I see in the orderbook. I actually think I found out the answer and I don't think it has anything to do with the big boys. Any other info that you can keep giving is greatly appreciated!

Im only 17 years old so I have to quit at 7am cst every day in order to get to school on time lol!!!

Good Trading Guys

I hardly ever get a chance to. Stay up till 12 and wake up at 3 every morning. Its tough but the money is good!

impressing have to say for a guy ur age, u should consider of moving to europe though if u want to have a normal lifestyle and trade eurex products

Yeah I am actually planning on going to college in Chicago and getting a job trading at a prop firm while im there. I absolutely love trading eurex and wouldn't ever want to trade any other market!. The only problem is that the hours suck!