Bund, Bobl, Schatz futures

hi guys,

iv recently started trading bund, bobl and schatz futures....nice to see a forum wid ppl already discussing stuff...do u guys look at the yields for taking positions...n do u think it wud be a great idea if we kept a tab on the spot prices and yields too....
cheers

Hitting a bid = selling at the market

Taking an offer = buying at the market

you cannot hit an offer (at least not in chicago!)

Lifting is a whole other topic----"I lifted offers way below the market" ---means you got mean ass fill on ur longs in big selloff and some stoolies got robbed

how ya doing ARB?

I'm creating a tool/plug-in for myself on my futures trading platform. It effectively splits up time and sales. It puts all trades at bid in columns colored red, and all trades at the ask in columns colored green.

- Sometimes the last trades are in between, is this considered "inside" market?

- Also, how does one, and *should* one distinguish between bids being "hit" OR a buyer simply "buying at the bid". I'm assuming the "former" is a downtrend, sellers "hitting" bids and driving prices down, and the "latter" are buyers looking to get a better fill by "limiting" their purchase price, "uptrend" bias. -> for instance, the bid/ask spread is moving up, and lot's of trades are going off at the current bid, does this mean there's seller's coming in to drive the price down? or bidders are buying limit orders?
It just seems more than if a trade goes off at bid it = short bias, and a trade going off at the offer = long bias.

Any help on this would be appreciated.
Thanks.
funk101