Brexit Remain Rage

Attachments

• SK.png
    SK.png
    157.6 KB · Views: 134
More scare stories... Never stops.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-fed-idUSKCN0ZM23F

:whistling

Oh i'm pretty sure the US has enough debt problems and mis-management of their own making to worry about, without looking for others to blame.

In any event, the picture you paint of Brexit being the cause of US hesitancy in interest rate policy is pure nonsense.

30 yrs of free and easy money will be followed by 30 yrs of tightening. These are long term cycles. The problem is....tightening has not even started...we are all still in the grip of money printing, re-inflating the bubbles, to head off deflation.

So perhaps you should be asking these Govt's, when they are going to start:LOL:

No doubt Brexit caused this situation too.:LOL:

In simple terms any bank is worth the difference between what it's owed and what it owes. In the case of Deutsche Bank that means the difference between assets of 1.64 trillion euros (yes, trillion) and liabilities of 1.58 trillion euros. Its net value is 60 billion euros.

Sounds like a lot. BUT the value of what its owed doesn't need to move by much to wipe out its value completely.

'Financial apocalypse'

The IMF and the US central bank aren't the only ones who think Deutsche Bank is risky. The share price has fallen early 70% in the last year. In fact, you can buy the whole bank for 20bn euros - a third of what it's worth on paper. Other banks trade at a discount to their net worth but Deutsche Bank is by far the biggest.

For that reason, many people fear Deutsche Bank could be the first horseman of a new financial apocalypse.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36723034

How can UK negotiate for Scotland to stay in the EU, ''somehow''? If the UK is out, Scotland is out, too, so she should have her referendum, go independent and let the rest move on, otherwise everyone will be messing about for the rest of the century.

The Indepentistas will hang on to the hope that they will be allowed special treatment, Catalunya, as well. However, the EU has several members with autonomies, Italy and Germany, to name two, and this independence thing is a bucket of worms, as far as the central governments are concerned. That is why Spain's Rajoy is pushing that point. He is using that as a stick to beat the Catalans. If they have a referendum, here, it may influence many who do not want to see Catalunya outside of Europe, so they may vote ''No''.

Regardless of what several Brexit posters write on these threads, most of the people do not see the EU breaking up. That may be a bit of wishful thinking. I don't want that, either, but one must face realities.

I've been looking at the candidate voting numbers again.

So we are now in a situation where Thursdays vote will be the last. Crabb and Fox are out and there are a maximum of 24 leave votes that they attracted which can be divided up between Leadsom and Gove, assuming that all the remain votes end up with May.

So if these 24 leave votes are distributed evenly, then Leadsom would have 78 and Gove would have 60.

If the 24 leave votes are distributed according to leave candidate existing split, then Leadsom would have 80 and Gove would have 58.

If Gove ends up in the run off position with May, this can only mean that there has been a stitch up by Gove / May backers to see off the Leadsom challenge.

May would see off Gove if put to the membership vote.
May may lose if pitted against Leadsom if put to the membership vote.

Keep your eye on those numbers. Tory leadership elections are never straight forward. Knifing each other at every opportunity....they have form.

So, Gove eliminated on 46 votes, which is 2 less than he got in the first round. I'm a bit surprised he didn't increase his tally. Just goes to show that the MP's didn't like his treacherous politics.

As expected, Leadsom held her own in the votes carve up, finishing on 84.

May secured the rest finishing on 199.

So I guess we enter a period now of policy formulation for each candidate which the membership can digest then vote on.

How can UK negotiate for Scotland to stay in the EU, ''somehow''? If the UK is out, Scotland is out, too, so she should have her referendum, go independent and let the rest move on, otherwise everyone will be messing about for the rest of the century.

The Indepentistas will hang on to the hope that they will be allowed special treatment, Catalunya, as well. However, the EU has several members with autonomies, Italy and Germany, to name two, and this independence thing is a bucket of worms, as far as the central governments are concerned. That is why Spain's Rajoy is pushing that point. He is using that as a stick to beat the Catalans. If they have a referendum, here, it may influence many who do not want to see Catalunya outside of Europe, so they may vote ''No''.

Regardless of what several Brexit posters write on these threads, most of the people do not see the EU breaking up. That may be a bit of wishful thinking. I don't want that, either, but one must face realities.

The SNP are just talking a load of pish, they are best ignored.
Scotland does 4/5ths of it's business with the UK and 1/5th with Europe. No reasonable Scot is going to support the SNP to even hold another referendum, let alone vote out of the union.

Americans Seeing Personal Benefits of Brexit

The number of people filing claims for unemployment benefits declined to 254,000, which is the second lowest since 1973. :clap:

Brexit prompted investors to pour their money into the safety of U.S. Treasuries, pushing the average rate on a 30-year fixed home loan down to 3.41 percent. That was the lowest since November 2012. :clap:
The second lowest in modern history. :clap: :clap:

Jacob Oubina said:
“From a financial standing point of view, the consumer is actually slightly better off today in the U.S. than they were at Brexit,”

“You’re getting this added benefit of artificially low interest rates because of what’s going on around the world. And I don’t think that’s going to end anytime soon.”

Mortgage Bankers Association
Applications to refinance home loans jumped 20.8 percent in the week ended July 1 as borrowing costs slid.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-07-07/americans-seeing-personal-benefits-of-brexit-as-costs-hidden

So, Gove eliminated on 46 votes, which is 2 less than he got in the first round. I'm a bit surprised he didn't increase his tally. Just goes to show that the MP's didn't like his treacherous politics.

As expected, Leadsom held her own in the votes carve up, finishing on 84.

May secured the rest finishing on 199.

So I guess we enter a period now of policy formulation for each candidate which the membership can digest then vote on.

Not sure how the final voting works.

But would you not say looking at the last vote's that Theresa May would romp in.

Not sure how the final voting works.

But would you not say looking at the last vote's that Theresa May would romp in.

The MP selection rounds only got us to the final 2 candidates.

Vote now goes out to the grassroots membership of the party, approx 150K members. You can expect the contest to be much closer now. They have a habit of picking the underdog.:clap:

The MP selection rounds only got us to the final 2 candidates.

Vote now goes out to the grassroots membership of the party, approx 150K members. You can expect the contest to be much closer now. They have a habit of picking the underdog.:clap:

Well you know my thoughts.......hope you are correct.......again.

Tell you what, it seems a long time since the vote and our all night vote fest.....:cheesy: