BP...should i go long..??

What about the Union Carbide disaster in Bhopal, another US company killing "irrelevant" 3rd world people.

Politics is completely permeated by the stench of hypocrisy and self-interest. Once in a while someone different comes along, with ideals. Sadly, Barmy is the same as all the rest of them. He's no different from David Laws or Eliot Morley.

What about the Union Carbide disaster in Bhopal, another US company killing "irrelevant" 3rd world people.

Politics is completely permeated by the stench of hypocrisy and self-interest. Once in a while someone different comes along, with ideals. Sadly, Barmy is the same as all the rest of them. He's no different from David Laws or Eliot Morley.

we'll put you down for a short then, eh ?

There was a big story in the US which didn't make much impact over here, but I was in the US at the time, and watching Obama at a press conference. It was all about his health plans, but at the end one of the reporters asked about Henry Gates (black Harvard professor who had broken into his own home as his key wouldn't work, and was then arrested). At the time, the facts of the story weren't that clear.. so Obama says "I don't really know all the facts of the story, but I think the Cambridge police acted stupidly" (this is almost precisely what he said). He then went on to say how black people were disproportionately targeted by the police.

Now wait a minute. You don't know all the facts, but they acted "stupidly"??? A policeman did what he thought was right and you call him stupid, without knowing the facts?

Two things revealed themselves there -- firstly, he is nothing without his teleprompter. And secondly, hate to say it, but he's small minded (I think saying racist might be a bit too far).

This blew up into a big deal and he was forced into apologising. I think at that point people started to realise he's just an empty suit.

Reactions: D70
anyone still think it's value here? wondering whether it is worth a slot just for the div yield.

anyone still think it's value here? wondering whether it is worth a slot just for the div yield.

Rule 89 of trading:
If you have to ask someone else about a trade. You shouldnt be taking that trade.

just gathering opinion. i won't base my decision on what i read here that's for sure :)

In case Obama is viewing...remember this ?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exxon_Valdez_oil_spill

Ok, so who insure BP for all of this, a Lloyds of London syndicate, or AIG who the US govt bailed out to the tune of $100bl...? AIG have their neck on the line for a proportion of the cost which is why Obama is keeping his foot in his mouth, or on the neck, or whatever...the fookin clown...

Ignoring the govt responsibility for the cleanup is a scandal, legislation was passed after Exxon to take control of precisely this situation... and d'ya know who really is to blame? Well bless my cotton socks could it be a subsidary of Hallibruton for not cementing the operations in properly? Lol, can't have ex presidents and Dick (I really rule the country) Cheney implicated though eh? Just blame the British...:rolleyes:

http://crooksandliars.com/karoli/deepwater-horizon-disaster-directly-links-h

Yes, I doubt if anyone in the US is aware that Transocean (US company now relocated to Switz for tax purposes) or Halliburton (probably the real reason they invaded Iraq) was involved.

It's just an utter outrage, Obama has sunk to the level of a cockroach...

Yes, I doubt if anyone in the US is aware that Transocean (US company now relocated to Switz for tax purposes) or Halliburton (probably the real reason they invaded Iraq) was involved.

It's just an utter outrage, Obama has sunk to the level of a cockroach...

Oh! please don't insult the cockroach
The cockroach is noble compared to him.

I would wait for the REALLY bad news before going long. And that news should be along soon

After seeing the action this morning, I decided not to even take a flyer on this one. Chalk it up to as a missed opportunity.

Thing is, it's a high probability that the person/people who caused this was an American. I have no idea why he's provoking the British for an Americans handy work :).

Obama is an @rseh0le... Cameron is bigger @rseh0le

If I employed them, would kick both their collective @sses - as both have no b@lls

Bloody idiots.