Best Hong Kong listed China stocks

no information from HKT on Sijia Group, where trading remains suspended. Worrisome.

I read someplace they having new auditors looking at their books and some info would be forthcoming by end of March, but nothing yet.

Anyone else invested In Sijia. I did and am wondering if I am going to be taking a bath.

ez

i did ... but no glue what to do @ the moment !
What is your idea?

chris

no information from HKT on Sijia Group, where trading remains suspended. Worrisome.

I read someplace they having new auditors looking at their books and some info would be forthcoming by end of March, but nothing yet.

Anyone else invested In Sijia. I did and am wondering if I am going to be taking a bath.

ez

i am holding on to see what happens when the new audit is finished. right now before suspension it traded at 1.37, way down from 1.71 where i got in.
hoping for the best, thats all what one can do.
also hi-sense kelon took a beating, i am still way ahead, but am going to sit tight.

ez

i guess this forum is dead.
i sent a pm to HKT requesting any information he could give us on Sijia Group which is suspended.
No reply.

I check regularly but cant find any specific news on it. still suspended. concerned about what happens if it gets delisted.

anyone have any idea, please share.

thanks

ezfeelin

I think it looks to me like this thread was set up to pump up sijia so this guy could sell into any buying interest he could generate as sijia is clearly a scam now ......

I think it looks to me like this thread was set up to pump up sijia so this guy could sell into any buying interest he could generate as sijia is clearly a scam now ......

If that is what happened, I sure will be taking a bath on this one.
I checked today, the stock Sijia is still suspended upon the company's own request as the original auditors had raised questions. A new auditor is working on it now and they had asked for an extension to submit their report.
All this i just gleaned over the internet.

I figure if the stock is delisted, thats when I will know for sure that its a loss.

In the meantime, just hope it gets back.

The guy who was pumping this stock here also suggested some others, one for example Hi-Sense Kelon I bought at 2.98 and it has closed to today at 5.09.

so i guess u gotta take the good with the bad.

ah will, live and learn.

ezfeelin

To: Best Hong Kong Stocks,

It doesn't appear that you have posted many stocks here lately. I was curious as to what your firm is buying and how the Chinese market has been doing. I know that ADY, a stock which I helped to find liquidity for, back in '04 has come back quite nicely, from $1.50 to over $7 in the past 6 to 12 months.

What do you have on the radar?

BreakoutStocks

I run a fund and have in the past been very successful (of course not perfect, but overall we have made the right "big calls" that have done us well, both on the upside as well as avoiding losses).

I am going to be posting up some stocks we are looking at, listed in Hong with a China business focus, with the view that China has bottomed and represents great upside opportunity.

In particular we focus on identifying smaller stocks, that for a range of reasons we believe are undervalued with significant upside based on all known and reported financial data and fundamentals.

Before I do that, does anyone here have any views, picks, tips they wish to share, either at a macro level (eg has China bottomed out?) as well as at a micro level (ie specific stocks).

Cheers - HKT

Hey, I also brought 6000 shares in Jan 2013. So what to do now?

pray the stock doesnt get delisted, then we take a bath.

hope they get back off the suspended list. last i read was they have changed auditors and the new ones are working on it. the suspension was by request from Sijia group not from the regulators, so thats good.

i have basically written it off as being taken for a ride on someone else's hype.

pray to the Hang Seng God.

So what happen to this forum - so quiet... anyone knows about Dalian Port - is it worth buying now?

Sijia - cannot sell ..what to do now???
I think last news good enought. So I think they waiting for good moment to begin trating again

24/06/2013

Sijia Group Company Limited (01863) has announced the findings of the independent investigation undertaken by ADNA.

Regarding inability to verify the value-added tax invoices through online verification system, ANDA:
1. checked (i) the confirmation issued by the tax authority; and (ii) the relevant value-added tax invoices of the relevant sales and purchases transactions. ANDA found that there are no discrepancies between those documents and the sales and purchase records of Fujian Sijia;
2. interviewed the relevant personnel of the tax authority to understand the situation. According to the interviewed personnel, the relevant sales and purchases invoices are true based on the record of the tax authority. Although such personnel declined to provide feedback on the operation of the online verification system, she advised that such system was independent from the official system she uses; and
3. interviewed the relevant personnel of certain involved customers and suppliers to understand the situation. According to those interviewed personnels, the information in relation to the relevant sales and purchases transactions are correct.

Regarding inability to verify the bank accounts of customers and suppliers, ANDA:
1. checked (i) the relevant bank account closing forms; and (ii) the relevant bank advices of the involved receipt and payment transactions. ANDA found that there are no discrepancies between those documents and the receipt and payment records of Fujian Sijia;
2. interviewed the relevant personnel of certain involved customers and suppliers to understand the situation. According to those interviewed personnels, the information regarding the relevant receipt and payment transactions are correct; and
3. checked the relevant bank payments and receipts through the internet banking system of the relevant bank. ANDA found that the dates, amounts of bank receipts and payments, and the names of payees and recipients of the involved transactions are consistent with the records of Fujian Sijia.

Regarding inaccurate information of the bank slips and the bank statements, ANDA:
1. checked (i) the confirmations issued by relevant bank; and (ii) the relevant bank slips and bank statements. ANDA found that there are no discrepancies between those documents and the internal records of Fujian Sijia;
2. interviewed the representative of the bank who confirmed that the inconsistency between the two bank statements of Fujian Sijia obtained by EY was caused by the adjustment made by the local branch of the bank for the total bank deposit (which is a key performance indicator) of that local branch; and that the bank balance of Fujian Sijia conformed with the internal record of that company. In addition, while having no clue of why the 2 sample payment transactions showed inconsistent transaction codes appearing on the bank slips and the bank statements, the personnel of the bank has advised ANDA that the bank code stated in 7 bank slips relating to the sample transactions do not comply with the official coding requirements may possibly be caused by clerical error as the bank code on the bank slips could be manually inputted;
3. interviewed the relevant personnel of certain involved customers and suppliers to understand the situation. According to those interviewed personnels, the information regarding the relevant receipt and payment transactions are correct; and
4. checked the relevant bank balance, payments and receipts through the internet banking system of relevant bank. ANDA found that the dates, amounts of bank balance, receipts and payments, and the names of payees and recipients of the involved transactions are consistent with the records of Fujian Sijia.

Based on the aforesaid findings of ANDA, Sijia Group's board is of the view that the observations (certain inconsistencies observed by Ernst & Young during the performance of pre-final audit of Sijia Group for the year ended 31 December 2012) are not substantiated.

I think last news good enought. So I think they waiting for good moment to begin trating again

24/06/2013

Sijia Group Company Limited (01863) has announced the findings of the independent investigation undertaken by ADNA.

Regarding inability to verify the value-added tax invoices through online verification system, ANDA:
1. checked (i) the confirmation issued by the tax authority; and (ii) the relevant value-added tax invoices of the relevant sales and purchases transactions. ANDA found that there are no discrepancies between those documents and the sales and purchase records of Fujian Sijia;
2. interviewed the relevant personnel of the tax authority to understand the situation. According to the interviewed personnel, the relevant sales and purchases invoices are true based on the record of the tax authority. Although such personnel declined to provide feedback on the operation of the online verification system, she advised that such system was independent from the official system she uses; and
3. interviewed the relevant personnel of certain involved customers and suppliers to understand the situation. According to those interviewed personnels, the information in relation to the relevant sales and purchases transactions are correct.

Regarding inability to verify the bank accounts of customers and suppliers, ANDA:
1. checked (i) the relevant bank account closing forms; and (ii) the relevant bank advices of the involved receipt and payment transactions. ANDA found that there are no discrepancies between those documents and the receipt and payment records of Fujian Sijia;
2. interviewed the relevant personnel of certain involved customers and suppliers to understand the situation. According to those interviewed personnels, the information regarding the relevant receipt and payment transactions are correct; and
3. checked the relevant bank payments and receipts through the internet banking system of the relevant bank. ANDA found that the dates, amounts of bank receipts and payments, and the names of payees and recipients of the involved transactions are consistent with the records of Fujian Sijia.

Regarding inaccurate information of the bank slips and the bank statements, ANDA:
1. checked (i) the confirmations issued by relevant bank; and (ii) the relevant bank slips and bank statements. ANDA found that there are no discrepancies between those documents and the internal records of Fujian Sijia;
2. interviewed the representative of the bank who confirmed that the inconsistency between the two bank statements of Fujian Sijia obtained by EY was caused by the adjustment made by the local branch of the bank for the total bank deposit (which is a key performance indicator) of that local branch; and that the bank balance of Fujian Sijia conformed with the internal record of that company. In addition, while having no clue of why the 2 sample payment transactions showed inconsistent transaction codes appearing on the bank slips and the bank statements, the personnel of the bank has advised ANDA that the bank code stated in 7 bank slips relating to the sample transactions do not comply with the official coding requirements may possibly be caused by clerical error as the bank code on the bank slips could be manually inputted;
3. interviewed the relevant personnel of certain involved customers and suppliers to understand the situation. According to those interviewed personnels, the information regarding the relevant receipt and payment transactions are correct; and
4. checked the relevant bank balance, payments and receipts through the internet banking system of relevant bank. ANDA found that the dates, amounts of bank balance, receipts and payments, and the names of payees and recipients of the involved transactions are consistent with the records of Fujian Sijia.

Based on the aforesaid findings of ANDA, Sijia Group's board is of the view that the observations (certain inconsistencies observed by Ernst & Young during the performance of pre-final audit of Sijia Group for the year ended 31 December 2012) are not substantiated.

Victor - thanks for the info. So, does it means not so bad at least for the time being.

Victor - thanks for the info. So, does it means not so bad at least for the time being.

I hope for this. I have some money in this stock too.

As regards your questions about Dalian Port, I think it too early to entry. At least we have to wait for two days and look is the window will be closed

I hope for this. I have some money in this stock too.

As regards your questions about Dalian Port, I think it too early to entry. At least we have to wait for two days and look is the window will be closed

Well, I did Q to buy Dalian this morning at 1.40 - did not get my luck, it went up to 1.47 now

Sorry to see HKT stopped updating this thread, some really good picks during 2012, like 921 HK

well, HKT stopped with no news coming for SiJia, I am still stuck there, a bit of money.
Stock trading suspended since Feb 2013
ez

That's the name of the game when investing in China. I bought Prince Frog before, had gains on more than 100% and then a muddy-waters like company short-sold and "attacked" the stock, calling it to cook the books. The stock was suspended for months and my gains were more or less gone.