Boiler Room Scams

Has anyone been contacted by " GOTTHARD Capital Partners " operating out of Tokyo?
Gotthard is in Switzerland. When i google Them i get nothing. Their scam is to redeem worthless shares I unfortunately have in " Australia Forest Industries " sold to me by Martin Hendrick of Intersecurities in Frankfurt Germany in 2005.

I haven't heard of them, but 101% SCAM. Beware, if youpay any money to them it WILL be stolen.

I´m living in Barcelona and there are lots of Boiler rooms operating here.
Add the following:
Chesterfield Union (claim to be a UK investment bank, NOT true)
Berkeley Financial , www.bflimited.com(financial advisers who don´t need to be FSA registered.. "Yeah, right!")
I´ll keep in touch when I get more.
Pure BS

we had a phone call this afternoon by a lady she said she wanted to speak to my husband I asked who she was she said she was Caroline from a firm called Newberg, she went on to speak to my husband he just listened to her she said she wanted to help him to sell his shares, he said he was not interested, she kept going on saying she did not want to buy them but to advise him on selling them he said I will sell them myself thank you when the restrictions are lifted, she then stated he was burying his head in the sand and should listen to her. We have not had any phone calls for some time I thought we had got rid of them . has anyone heard of these lot I wondered, no doubt they will try again.When is anyone going to bother to catch these people they must pay their phone bills why can they not trace them that way.

Newberg

Newberg,
Well done. If getting rid of these scumbags always be extremely rude. I have not heard of Newberg, but All these thieves who are worldwide - swap information between each other or bring lists with them when they change jobs.

If you are contacted again, do as I did some time ago. I kept talking to them, never to interested, followed up their references about the deal. letting them ring me back, move to the next stage, always letting them ring me, i went on the principle that if I am wasting their time then they are running up a big phone bill and more importantly cant be robbing someone else if i pretend to listen to them. i pretended to be interested + believe them. When they gave me the details of a UK Bank to send the "fee " to lift the restriction on the shares, I sent it on to the financial regulator and to the head office of the bank in question.

my final parting should be to send a photo of our dog doing a poo. i can`t help myself.
When I have more news i will post it here.

Newberg,
Well done. If getting rid of these scumbags always be extremely rude. I have not heard of Newberg, but All these thieves who are worldwide - swap information between each other or bring lists with them when they change jobs.

If you are contacted again, do as I did some time ago. I kept talking to them, never to interested, followed up their references about the deal. letting them ring me back, move to the next stage, always letting them ring me, i went on the principle that if I am wasting their time then they are running up a big phone bill and more importantly cant be robbing someone else if i pretend to listen to them. i pretended to be interested + believe them. When they gave me the details of a UK Bank to send the "fee " to lift the restriction on the shares, I sent it on to the financial regulator and to the head office of the bank in question.

my final parting should be to send a photo of our dog doing a poo. i can`t help myself.
When I have more news i will post it here.

Get a life mate and move on.

These people get their time wasted by hundreds of people on a weekly basis, they only need one deal to secure good money (bear in mind its 100% theres).

Also bear in mind, if they know you are wasting their time(Balatantly on purpose), dont you think they would do what you are doing and then waste yours as well, the only difference being, their are many of them and if they are bored at night might just ring you at 3 in the morning to check your o.k.

Give it up mate, your messing with hard edged criminals that quite frankly...dont give a fcuk.

we had a phone call this afternoon by a lady she said she wanted to speak to my husband I asked who she was she said she was Caroline from a firm called Newberg, she went on to speak to my husband he just listened to her she said she wanted to help him to sell his shares, he said he was not interested, she kept going on saying she did not want to buy them but to advise him on selling them he said I will sell them myself thank you when the restrictions are lifted, she then stated he was burying his head in the sand and should listen to her. We have not had any phone calls for some time I thought we had got rid of them . has anyone heard of these lot I wondered, no doubt they will try again.When is anyone going to bother to catch these people they must pay their phone bills why can they not trace them that way.

Aggie,

My dear, I feel we've discussed your shares on many occassion, they are worhtless my sweet.

The fact that these people are ringing you regarding them shows that they are worthless, they dont buy back 'real' shares due to them having to be registered then they can easily be traced. They only want to buy back the sh1t then charge you for doing so, its a double whammy.

The restrictions wont be lifted cos they are worth nothing, there is simply nothing there to de-restrict.

Please tell me if someone bought shares of IMC Security.

Regarding potential scams you have to be more specific, ie, name and address of company, holding house,people you spoke with, how much per share, listed exchange, clearing exchange ect.

If you have them then name give the numbers on the certificate, this in no way has any risk to yourself and the info is readily available through the web.

There are many companies that are called imc security or similar to this.

MY time is not wasted

in Reply to " move on... get a life "
MY time is not wasted in that i have got web address, fax nos, phone nos, names of thieves, and most importantly account no + bank branch details in the UK which i have passed on to the Head office of bank concerned, who are allowing laundering money, the financial regulator, and the City of London police.

maybe I am sick + dont have a life... but i did enjoy listening to their drivel + lies. When I know what they are doing, they are pathetic in their efforts to fool me.

Adrian

That's the way to mess these scum up, get their bank account details and then report them to both the Police AND the bank, tell them scammers are using an account for money laundering.

Sheree,

It was quite touching to read the responses of a few "esteemed" posters about their concern for how I spend my time. I mentioned that, two days a week, I visited the building where SMC claimed address. Frankly, it took far less time for me to use the elevator from Floor 1 to Floor 3 of Baarerstrasse 63, 6300 ZUG, Switzerland, than it took them to write their unhelpful postings.

SMC has, however, flit the nest. I tried to drop in but they'd just flit. Within the last few days the other signs (nameplates, post box, lift signs, &c) have also been removed. It was fairly well-established in the building which, itself, is in a reasonably prestigious location.

Swiss Management Consulting now appears on the SFBC website SFBC - Public announcements as an unauthorised firm as well as FSA's. Their public website no longer works. The trouble, I find, after long experience, is that the regulators belatedly catch up with these scammers. It does nothing to help people now, only later, when, maybe, they've run into problems.

Bravo for BBs like this that can raise issues BEFORE the pussy-footed regulators can take action. Please, let's keep the action directed at the scumbags rather than patronising fellow posters. And share concerns early rather than post regrets.

kibu

Thanks Smalldozer,
All help is very much appreciated!!!!
Totally agree with your sentiments and I'm sure it's possible for us all to help one another avoid situations like these by giving quick info and warnings, without feeling the need to put the Rookies among us down!!(y)(y)(y):clap::clap::clap:

I read in The Times yesterday that a 'currency trader' in Barcelona got murdered last week.

What's the betting he was connected to a boiler room? Very high I think.

Probably either ripped off the wrong punter or ripped off his bosses.

Assuming he was connected and for any boiler room scum that are reading this - are you next?????

I read in The Times yesterday that a 'currency trader' in Barcelona got murdered last week.

What's the betting he was connected to a boiler room? Very high I think.

Probably either ripped off the wrong punter or ripped off his bosses.

Assuming he was connected and for any boiler room scum that are reading this - are you next?????

Heres the link:

Currency trader Derek Cowan found beaten to death - Times Online

I cant see any evidence whatsoever of being linked to a boiler room, the murdered guy seems legit in his business.

Either way, murder is wrong in any way shape or form, I dont see any links that deemed it 'o.k' to take this mans life.

Boiler Room scam companies

Add Clinto King in Quatar who have badly scammed my sister.

I think it would be useful to set up a thread listing all the Boiler Room Scams that are currently in operation.

What is a boiler room?

Basically, a room full of salesmen (con men really), who are unregulated, and will cold call you to try and tempt you to part with your money and invest in some "amazing" company which will make you a millionaire. The stocks are usually unlisted and therefore difficult to sell once you have bought them. In reality they are likely to be worthless.

They tend to target people who already own shares, and will get your phone number / contact details from lists that they have bought, including shareholder lists.

More often than not, they are based overseas.

Whatever, you should NEVER deal with them, and NEVER deal with anyone who cold calls you from a company who you have never dealt with before.

I hope that this thread will be used for people to list the names of the offending companies, in order to warn others.

To start with, here is a list of those already mentioned on other threads....

Portland Ventures

Elliott Price

Edward Tate

Capital Asset Commodities

Jefferson Holt Consulting

Please feel free to add any more.....

talking about Barcelona it was a lot called Global resources advisers that sold my husband all the shares, and then Priority Venture Management came along and took us for the last lot, the so called Paul Stanley and Natalie Sinclair I hope they read everything thats written here about them, they took all our savings and left us poor, I hope their concience haunts them we all have to die and then they will have to account for all their deeds on earth, we are in our seventies and dont have much chance of recovery, I would just now love to see them all caught, and I think they should get life for what they have done to so many of us, I know so many people have suffered not just us .Put as my Mother always said if you live long enough you will see God is very slow but very sure .Let them beware

This idiot just called me wanting to sell me some worthless stocks based on "insider" information about some fantastic announcement that will be made in 7-10 days. Of course he has 32 years of experience and his company is registered in the New York stock exchange (which one exactly? pink sheets - OTC) and ALL the "proper" authorities in London and Amsterdam.
The stock they want to sell is for a company listed in Frankfurt exchange as "4oz", I was shocked to see that it hasn't traded a single share in the past few months! could it be? but this company is fantastic! AND there's a new announcement coming up, surely I'll make $4it loads of money if I get in now! afterall what's Euros5,000 if it will make me a quick profit (especially with the boom the market is currently witnessing).

The kind agent's name is David Benson
company name: Global Select Portfolio Corp. Welcome to globalspcorp.com - Home
Tel 44-208-1441097
Fax 44-208-0825839
pinksheets symbol: GBSP
physical address: non-existent (surprise!)

IF YOU STILL DID NOT GET IT, I WAS SARCASTIC. THIS IS A CLASSICAL SCAM. BEWARE!
IF YOU GET INTO A SIMILAR SCENARIO, STEER CLEAR AND SAVE YOUR MONEY.

Try + stay with them for a bank account detail, and then report them to "The City of London Police " Financial Regulator and To he head office of the Bank they are using,

Try + stay with them for a bank account detail, and then report them to "The City of London Police " Financial Regulator and To he head office of the Bank they are using,

Do you not believe that the police have this info already? Do you also not beleive they have people set up to be potentially scammed to get all this information?

It's not that they dont know it already, its the fact they find it incredibly difficult to catch them in different countries due to safe havens and difficulties in international law ect.

The law agencies know where they reside within one phonecall and can be traced.

The law agencies also know what banks they use, these are also in foreign lands and therefore difficult to do anything with.

In short, the scammers could ring the agencies themselves and tell them their real name, address of where they live, address of the office to which they scam people in the U.K from and give bank details for which the victims money gets paid into. Still, the agencies are somewhat restricted in different lands and time is always against them in such instances.

I'm not trying to be a neg head here, I'm just allowing you to see it from a different angle, so, the fact of the matter is, dont pay them no more time.

Heres the link:

Currency trader Derek Cowan found beaten to death - Times Online

I cant see any evidence whatsoever of being linked to a boiler room, the murdered guy seems legit in his business.

Either way, murder is wrong in any way shape or form, I dont see any links that deemed it 'o.k' to take this mans life.

Lee,
Maybe you're right and this person was legit. If so we should all feel pity for him and his family. They would certainly have my condolences.
If he was involved in scamming then you are also right. Murder is not right. It is too good for the scum who ruin their victims lives or drive them to suicide or cause them to have nervous breakdowns or just become reclusive hateful and spiteful in their later years. I'd much prefer the scum who do this to be horribly maimed and preferably left to die slowly and painfully.

Add Clinto King in Quatar who have badly scammed my sister.

A couple more for the scammers list.
Hunter Rowe - Barcelona
A Scottish woman calling herself Karen Bannotyne- very original- offering Natrocell Technologies shares.

Interval Trading Partners - Luxembourg and Barcelona - there's a surprise!
An American calling himself Frank Spadoro. Total bull----er who can talk for America. Offering American Biofuels Inc.