Boiler Room Scams

Lee,
Maybe you're right and this person was legit. If so we should all feel pity for him and his family. They would certainly have my condolences.
If he was involved in scamming then you are also right. Murder is not right. It is too good for the scum who ruin their victims lives or drive them to suicide or cause them to have nervous breakdowns or just become reclusive hateful and spiteful in their later years. I'd much prefer the scum who do this to be horribly maimed and preferably left to die slowly and painfully.

preferrably tie his hands behind his back and have maggotts slowly eat through his body as well..... just a thought

Report them + their details to City of London Police, the Head office of the Bank, and the FSA
Thats what i do. Always allow them to ring you. always be interested but not eager, Once You get their details send them to the above.

paco oil & gas

as fas as I know there are several companies registered under this name. Can you get me Ticker code and stock exchange where it is listed????

AUSTRALIA FOREST INDUSTRIES AUFI.OB RESTRICTED SHARES
Also EIUS.PK Entertainment Is Us Inc.

yes I must have lost my mind.!

Pacific Continental

Watch out for x-Pacific Continental shareholders, now all being scammed by various parties-mine were Morgan Capital Partners and The International Mergers and Acquisitions Commission-here is the warning from the UK FSA site-

FSA/PN/094/2008
19 August 2008

The Financial Services Authority (FSA) has issued an alert today that at least ten ‘recovery firms’ are targeting a scam at investors who bought shares through Pacific Continental Securities (UK) Ltd (Pacific Continental).

Many investors who originally bought shares through Pacific Continental have complained to the FSA that they are being 'cold-called' by firms offering to buy the shares, or to put them in touch with a buyer - for a fee.

These so called 'recovery firms', often calling from outside the UK, are not authorised by the FSA and are not permitted to approach UK consumers to promote financial services. Commonly known as 'recovery rooms', these firms offer to buy the shares at an attractive price but demand an advance fee.

This is a scam - as soon as the fee is paid, the firm disappears with the money and without purchasing the shares.

The FSA is looking into the complaints.

Pacific Continental went into administration on 20 June 2007 and is now in liquidation. The liquidators can be contacted on Pacific Continental Securities (UK) Limited.

The FSA publishes a list of unauthorised firms, along with information about share scams on its consumer website, Money Made Clear. Consumers and investors should only deal with firms authorised by the FSA otherwise they will have no rights to complain or claim compensation.

This idiot just called me wanting to sell me some worthless stocks based on "insider" information about some fantastic announcement that will be made in 7-10 days. Of course he has 32 years of experience and his company is registered in the New York stock exchange (which one exactly? pink sheets - OTC) and ALL the "proper" authorities in London and Amsterdam.
The stock they want to sell is for a company listed in Frankfurt exchange as "4oz", I was shocked to see that it hasn't traded a single share in the past few months! could it be? but this company is fantastic! AND there's a new announcement coming up, surely I'll make $4it loads of money if I get in now! afterall what's Euros5,000 if it will make me a quick profit (especially with the boom the market is currently witnessing).

The kind agent's name is David Benson
company name: Global Select Portfolio Corp. Welcome to globalspcorp.com - Home
Tel 44-208-1441097
Fax 44-208-0825839
pinksheets symbol: GBSP
physical address: non-existent (surprise!)

IF YOU STILL DID NOT GET IT, I WAS SARCASTIC. THIS IS A CLASSICAL SCAM. BEWARE!
IF YOU GET INTO A SIMILAR SCENARIO, STEER CLEAR AND SAVE YOUR MONEY.

Does anybody know who Jack Crooks is.

My father has a flyer about beta testers and I am trying to figure out what this is.

we had a phone call today from someone trying what it first appeared to be selling shares very american , when questioned he said he was not selling shares but trading stock and their name was Interval trading and partners, I asked him if they were FSA REGISTERED or SEC he said no he did not have to be as the top managers were,all you need to invest would be 20,OOO pounds he says ,I wish I had 20,000 POUNDS I replied, he was going on at a great rate about all the money we could make, what a scam I dont know if anyone has had these lot ring them, I could not make out his name as he was talking at a great rate, I was just trying to find out his details so I could report him

Any good brokers out there?

I was reading many of the postings in this forum.
Most of the brokers are seem like a scam.
Anyone can recommend a decent FX broker? Looking to trade mini crude oil.

Thanks,

Steven

"Boiler Room Scams"

Following the general 'thread' of the above I have been approached by Jefferson Holt and told of a report on a particular company in America - Galaxy Minerals. There is a minimum investment and there is a limited response time to sign up. If anyone can give me more feedback on Jefferson Holt Consulting and as to whether there is a chance of it being a decent proposal or just a con.

I also found a link to FSA showing a list of known unregulated overseas firms targeting UK investors: - http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Law/Alerts/overseas.shtm
- but they weren't on it.

If anyone can answer Trendie's questions to their validity it would be appreciated.
Thanks

Things seem to have quitened down on this thread. However maybe this can invite some response - I would be interested in comments/observations. It does not relate to a 'boiler room' but a number of investors will testify that 'boiler room' tactics and strategy were engaged by the following....IS Intersecurities GmbH , Frankfurt, had an association with A-Street Capital, Chicago . Philip T Powers V P & Secretary in house Attorney of A-Street Capital was also the CUSTODIAN for California Securities S A shared the same address as A-Street Capital, 60 W Randolph St., CHICAGO. BUT it transpires that California Securities SA , Attorney at Law and President is domiciled in PANAMA ! . IS Intersecurities GmbH, Managing Directors Iain Richardson/Frank Blache & Head of Private Clients C A Rait had licence revoked by the German Regulator 26/7/2005. It then changed name on 1/6/2005 - same M D's and , same Head of Private Clients Europe, same address, phone/fax numbers " otherwise everything remains the same" says the Head of Private Clients Europe in his letter dated 1/6/2005 to all the clients. This letter was written in the new name FSW Europe GmbH from the same address in Frankfurt. Now IS Intersecurities GmbH/FSW Europe GmbH are
operating by the good grace of FSW Securities GmbH , Berlin., using the same logo on the stationery - identical to the letter head of FSW Securities GmbH . The personnell there were (a Mr Abel deceased , succeeded by ) Anthony Peter MD & Payam Mohseni Compliance Officer. FSW Securities GmbH terminated the arrangement with FSW Europe GmbH in July 2007 for reasons yet unexplained. It is then revealed that FSW Securities GmbH received an injection of funds from Info Fields Investment Hong Kong whose owner is a Mr Greg Sott Rullo .Eureka ! in September 2007 there is a change of name to Creston Financial Group , Mr Mohseni leaves the scene & replaced by Heiko Schoppe Attorney and Legal Compliance Director. Mr Anthony Peter remains as MD.
Now in September 2008 the main shareholder in FSW Securities GmbH/Creston Financial Group files for insolvency in Charlottenberg Courts , Berlin for INSOLVENCY.
So after 5 years trying to get a satisfactory response to communications we are in COURT ! The name FSW Europe GmbH or the company registration had to cease by demand of FSW Securities GmbH and Mr Iain Richardson (apparently minus Frank Blache and his Head of Private Clients Europe ) continued in the name of ISAS GmbH
but unlicenced . This is an ongoing saga in an attempt to hold the corporate body's and Directors accountable.

Gold 31
If you've read back you know this is a scam. You've probably invested before so they have you down as a good potential. Don't go with somebody who cold calls you, offers you a great investment and tries to rush your decision to play on your wish for a quick win. Believe me, there are plenty more such offers around. None of them are real. IT'S A SCAM. Have you looked for Jefferson Holt anywhere other than the FSA list? That list, I'm afraid is almost useless. The FSA is not really set up to deal with this kind of scam. It is too slow and careful and, frankly, shows little or no interest apart from giving general warnings. I did the same check years ago when Linsure took my money through a company called Globus International. Neither were on the FSA list so I thought I was OK to deal with them. Very stupid and very costly for me. My advice is learn from other's mistakes and stay clear.

The FSA are basically one useless organisation. They remind me a lot of the Police - totally useless unless you're going 47pm in a 40mph zone in which case they'll throw the book at you.

hello ,
With the current stock market investment climate being what it is , invariably most of the stock boiler room chaps will be venturing into other worthless investment products .Keep an eye out for valueless Timber Investments and new scam wine companies .I personally know of two who are presently fleecing on a grand scale .Investors be vigilant .If anybody phones you ask them to send you a copy of their passport , Why ? quite simply because most of these cowboys use false names when they are pitching their sorry asses off .

hello ,
With the current stock market investment climate being what it is , invariably most of the stock boiler room chaps will be venturing into other worthless investment products .Keep an eye out for valueless Timber Investments and new scam wine companies .I personally know of two who are presently fleecing on a grand scale .Investors be vigilant .If anybody phones you ask them to send you a copy of their passport , Why ? quite simply because most of these cowboys use false names when they are pitching their sorry asses off .

Nice one me old fruit, but what happens when they spend a short amount of time by doctoring a passport to look real then pass it off as a copy. If fakers can make real looking passports then these guys could make real looking copies a lot easier.

Simply stay away from cold callers, do not engage in any conversation as it will be very polite and kind to sucker you in, the longer they keep you talking, the higher the chance of them getting your money let alone wasting your time at the least. Tell them a firm no thankyou and hang up.

Nice one me old fruit, but what happens when they spend a short amount of time by doctoring a passport to look real then pass it off as a copy. If fakers can make real looking passports then these guys could make real looking copies a lot easier.

Simply stay away from cold callers, do not engage in any conversation as it will be very polite and kind to sucker you in, the longer they keep you talking, the higher the chance of them getting your money let alone wasting your time at the least. Tell them a firm no thankyou and hang up.

Lee ,
Thank you for your reply .I certainly agree with your comments vis-a-vis hanging up the phone etc , however i,m more interested in catching the perpretrators of these despicable crimes and bringing them to justice through appropriate legal recourse .The world,s regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies are simply far too slow in doing so , why ? because they don,t have the manpower , or indeed financial budget .

I sense a lot of anger and annoyance in the tone of your email .At a point in the past were you taken in by one of these outfits ?
Regards
A Cameron

Mr Cameron,

I have reported your posts to the mods, they break advertising rules on here and they are a blatant guise to get even more money from the vunerable. I have not been scammed but as a retail investor of over a decade can smell the sh1t from the roses shall we say. I do this all for free and when I can, a scam is not rocket science to identify. Your services are simply not needed in any way shape or form so kindly take your business elsewhere.

Mods:
I hope we can get a quick resolve on this matter as preying on the vunerable is exactly what the scammers do and for this reason feel that this guys 'help' is totally unecessary, not that 'help' is what it can be called when you are exchanging money for a 'so called' service, this is no more than a business transaction.

Honesty and Sincerity Put to good use !!!!!!

Mr Cameron,

I have reported your posts to the mods, they break advertising rules on here and they are a blatant guise to get even more money from the vunerable. I have not been scammed but as a retail investor of over a decade can smell the sh1t from the roses shall we say. I do this all for free and when I can, a scam is not rocket science to identify. Your services are simply not needed in any way shape or form so kindly take your business elsewhere.

Mods:
I hope we can get a quick resolve on this matter as preying on the vunerable is exactly what the scammers do and for this reason feel that this guys 'help' is totally unecessary, not that 'help' is what it can be called when you are exchanging money for a 'so called' service, this is no more than a business transaction.

Dear Mr Shepherd ,
First and foremost I am not a scammer , so kindly refrain from implying I may be .
If scams are not difficult to recognise , then why have so many been taken in by them , and we are not talking about un-educated retail investors here , but rather professionals such as lawyers , doctors , IFA,s etc .
Furthermore , if I can stop future retail investors from losing their hard earned savings to these despicable scamsters , I will do my utmost to do so .Also , what I am offering is a professional service to protect innocent investors which involves my time and expertise .Intelligent application of knowledge is a intrinsically valuable commodity .

So do me a favour and start acting like a responsible adult and investor .What I do saves people a lot more money than it could cost them .

Can,t you spot a good thing when you see it , or are you full mistrust and misguided intentions .

WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE