Boiler Room Scams

Lee,
Looking back at recent postings on this site, it worries me that Aggie still seems to be unconvinced despite apparently losing everything to one of these scum. What do you have to do to convince people to put the phone down on cold callers and people offering costly services to detect scammers. We can all detect them. The question is what we do when we find them.
One small piece of good news appeared in the Telegraph this week. Jerome Herzberg was jailed for 3 years and 4 months for his part in a £60m share scam in Hong Kong. Great that he was caught but strange thing is they didn't manage to track down any of the funds he laundered, so in a couple of years this scum can carry on where he left off and still enjoy his £millions. Shame they didn't hang him.
Also look out for Steed and Associates Inc. offering some wonderdeal for American Utilicraft shares. This was all tied in with the Linsure scam so it looks as if Taylor and his idiots are still about. They must be desparate to try to get this one going again.

Lee Shepherd , Aggie & Droyston on T2W ............Wednesday 14/1/2009

Yes indeed there are many Wolves prowling in Sheeps Clothing but it is
comforting to
know we have a Shepherd ! . Very interested to
see reference to the Hong Kong scam and the scammer who is doing
time for his part in the £60m Fraud. Did the prosecution, conviction,
commital take place in the UK - if it involved UK GB £. Can you give us a little
more chapter & verse ? Was there an Intermediary or some other 'boiler room'
outfit involved ?
Any connection with Bernie Madoff who was taken into custody in
USA . I see that some Lord in London or UK rubbed shoulders with him in
Florida and entrusted £1m to Bernie ! What kind of society/world are we
living in ? Is it true that Bernie Madoff was an assistant Director of NASDAQ ?
Where are the Regulators and how have they let all this happen ?
However my immediate interest is Mr Jerome Herzberg connections in Hong Kong
so hope all you wise heads can come up with more detail . And if possible
forward the info to me directly please or alert me when there is a response .

"Prudential Partners Inc" in Panama City :) :) :)

Hi Anley - responding 14/1/2009
Ah , now that is interesting to have an outfit surfacing in PANAMA . Many of you
may have come across a supposed 'custodian'/'nominee' who originally purported to
have an address in CHICAGO, IL, USA but it was revealed that it was an entity
operating in PANAMA . Of course one can never know where these scammers are
operating from but it would be extremely wise to follow the 'Shepherds' advice .
The strategy is to get as much detail as possible and NEVER to make a commitment
no matter what kind of offer and 'promise' they present. There is a huge amount of
guidance on all the Financial Regulator websites and you will be well armed to
handle them if you send as much time as possible making yourself aware of all
the dangers.

I got scammed by ****** and Partners. I had told my "financial advisor" that i did not want to be in any investments that lock my money in. He managed to put me in one with a monthly contribution but the first two years of contributions are locked in for 25 years. At any time before maturity if I withdraw my money I lose everything I contributed for the first two years. That seems like a big fee to me for early withdrawal... Anyway, it is my fault for trusting these *******s. Stay away from ******!

sorry but I'm a female and have only just joined today. It seems as I have posted the wrong person I was trying to reply to someone who had asked the question of the whereabouts of Stacy Morland who was living in Spain, as I am looking for him myself
Hi Squeaky 1 - 11 months later - Did you get your man ? If not keep tracking. You might have luck on Facebook.
In another post (in ? 2003 !) there is a reference to Hong Kong banks . Indeed
you could look up the recent report on the Hong Kong Fraud - Jerome Her(t)zog- age 38- who got something like 3years for money LAUNDERING offence involving USD$87m - having scammed many UK investors from a 'boiler room' in Spain - AND the
Banks or Financial Regulators are unable to say where the money has gone. But that is
chicken feed in comparison with the scammer Bernie Madoff - former Director of
NASDAQ who has ripped of his wealthy friends to the tune of USD$ 50 billion - he is
under house arrest - and unable to account for it. - A 3 year Jail sentence, ridiculous -
they should be put away for LIFE. -

sorry but I'm a female and have only just joined today. It seems as I have posted the wrong person I was trying to reply to someone who had asked the question of the whereabouts of Stacy Morland who was living in Spain, as I am looking for him myself
Hi Squeaky 1 - 11 months later - Did you get your man ? If not keep tracking. You might have luck on Facebook.
In another post (in ? 2003 !) there is a reference to Hong Kong banks . Indeed
you could look up the recent report on the Hong Kong Fraud - Jerome Her(t)zog- age 38-
who got something like 3years for money LAUNDERING offence involving
USD$87m - having scammed many UK investors from a 'boiler room' in Spain - AND the
Banks or Financial Regulators are unable to say where the money has gone. But that is
chicken feed in comparison with the scammer Bernie Madoff - former Director of
NASDAQ who has ripped of his wealthy friends to the tune of USD$ 50 billion - he is
under house arrest - and unable to account for it. - A 3 year Jail sentence, ridiculous -
they should be put away for LIFE. Robbery & theft of such proportions must be
severly penalised and the Judiciary Police Regulators will have to respond to the mood of the ordinary law abiding citizen.

Assuming they're who they say they are (not certain when it comes to fraudsters) they are at least FSA authorised. A couple of things stand out on the FSA register FSA Register : Error: Unable to display the page Firstly they're not authorised to hold client money, which doesn't exactly inspire confidence. Secondly, a trawl through the employees previous firms shows that some have worked at the likes of Pacific Contintental and Square Mile. To me this says that they're not a boiler room in the sense of an out and out fraud. They'll probably be pushing genuine if extremely risky penny shares aggressively, but are at least properly authorised and regulated.

Hi NS 1000 - Hope you are still around 4 years later and a lot of water under the bridge !
The FSA Register is very informative and one can find a lot of detail. However ,
when one has to deal with a 'customer unfriendly' foreign Regulator because of the
notorious 'passporting' arrangement/language problem via ISD (Investment Services
Directive) or MiFId (Markets in Financial Investment Directive) that is another matter.
The 'foreign' Regulators register only discloses the MD - they state that the MD is
responsible for 'compliance' of his staff BUT the Foreign Regulator does not care
what kind of 'crook' the MD employs ! This is a shocking state of affairs and until
that 'foreign' state gets it's house in order every potential investor should do
everything possible to boycott them . I complained recently to a 'foreign' regulator
pointing out that their register is 4 months out of date they pleaded some
technical difficulty. I also had to point out that the ' ? intermediary'- 'scammer'
was in breach of the rules/regulations by omitting to state name of the MD on
stationery and emails 3/4 years after first contact with me. We need to get the
widest publicity for this kind of thing otherwise we are only talking to ourselves !

some email.. :LOL:

FROM MR. DAVID KACHAMBA

LIBERIA WEST AFRICA

DEAREST ONE,

I AM MR. DAVID KACHAMBA 30 YEARS OLD FROM LIBERIA, AND I AM CONTACTING YOU BECAUSE I NEED YOUR HELP TO TRANSFER A SUM OF MONEY THAT MY DEAD FATHER LEFT FOR ME BEFORE HE DIED.THIS MONEY IS USD 7.5 MILLION AMERICAN DOLLARS AND THE MONEY IS LEFT IN FIXED/SUSPENSE ESCROW ACCOUNT OF A FINANCIAL COMPANY HERE IN DAKAR SENEGAL, AS A DECEASE FUND.

MY FATHER (LATE) DR. JOHNSON KACHAMBA. THE FORMER DEPUTY MINISTER OF FINANCE UNDER THE EXECUTIVE CIVILIAN PRESIDENT OF LIBERIA, BUT WAS ASSASINATED BY THE REBELS DURING THE CIVIL WAR AND I NARROWLY ESCAPED WITH THE IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS OF THE DEPOSITED MONEY TO DAKAR SENEGAL WHERE I AM NOW SEEKING ASYLUM UNDER (UNHCR).

HOWEVER, I NEED YOUR ASSISTANCE TO TRANSFER THE MONEY TO YOUR ACCOUNT PENDING WHEN I WILL COME OVER TO YOUR COUNTRY FOR US TO MEET FOR INVESTMENT OF THE MONEY. I ONLY WANT THIS TO BE DONE THIS WAY BECAUSE YOUR COUNTRY IS POLITICALLY STABLE FOR ANY PROFITABLE INVESTMENT, AND I ALSO WANT TO ADD HERE THAT IF ACCEPTED BY YOU, YOU WILL SERVE AS THE ORIGINAL BENEFICIARY OF THE MONEY.

I FEEL CONFIDENCE TO INTRODUCE THIS OFFER TO YOU, YOUR PARTICIPATION AND ALL YOUR ASSISTANCE REGARDING THIS TRANSFER, I HAVE DECIDED TO GIVE YOU 15% OF THE TOTAL MONEY. THEREFORE, IF ACCEPTED BY YOU, YOU ARE REQUESTED TO FURNISH ME BACK IMMEDIATELY YOU RECEIVE THIS REQUEST TO TRANSFER THE MONEY FROM DAKAR SENEGAL TO YOUR ACCOUNT.

ON COMMENCEMENT OF THIS TRANSACTION I WANT TO LET YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THE FUTURE OF MYSELF DEPENDS SOLELY ON THIS MONEY, SO PLEASE KEEP THIS BUSINESS TO YOURSELF ONLY TO AVOID RAISE EYE BROW OF ANY THIRD PARTY.

I AM EAGERLY EXPECTING YOUR URGENT RESPONSE

YOURS SINCERLY,

DAVID KACHAMBA.

Swiss Management Consulting

Hi everyone, has anyone heard of a company called "Swiss Management Consulting", they seem to be a pretty aggressive broker. Does anyone know anything about them, e.g. physical location, etc?

Many thanks in advance,

Johan

Hi everyone, has anyone heard of a company called "Swiss Management Consulting", they seem to be a pretty aggressive broker. Does anyone know anything about them, e.g. physical location, etc?

Many thanks in advance,

Johan

100% SCAM Johan.

Stay well clear unless you want them to steal your money.

Swiss regulator has a warning about them on their website.

Also, their name is flashy sounding, 99% of the 'companies' with these kinds of names are scam.

I just received a phone call from Everest 1 Inc, a brokerage firm I know nothing about, wanting me to invest in shares through them.I live in New Zealand, they are based in New York.Is this company part of the boiler room scams talked of?

Everest 1 Inc

I just received a phone call from Everest 1 Inc, a brokerage firm I know nothing about, wanting me to invest in shares through them.I live in New Zealand, they are based in New York.Is this company part of the boiler room scams talked of?

Jondrain - Suggest you look up the Websites of Financial Regulators , for example
USA Regulator is SEC (Securities Exchange Commission) which would licence ,
authorise, regulate a 'financial intermediary' in New York. Following is the website,

U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (Home Page)US Securities and Exchange
Commission: official Federal Agency website, including news, legal and other releases
and reports, investor education material, ...
U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (Home Page)
- 43k - Cached - Similar pages

They will be delighted to help you with advice regarding Everest 1 Inc, New York .
Meantime , prudence and caution are the watchwords.

Thanks!

100% SCAM Johan.

Stay well clear unless you want them to steal your money.

Swiss regulator has a warning about them on their website.

Also, their name is flashy sounding, 99% of the 'companies' with these kinds of names are scam.

Thanks for that... I thought they sounded VERY dodgy. Do you or anyone else know where they are based? I have heard they are based in Zug but it might as well be one of those spank shops in Spain? Have you ever seen a physical address or a landline phone number for them? They don't want to give me their number...

Cheers

Johan

I agree with Gold 1 that you should check these people out but would also advise you to consider the following:
1) Was this a cold call? - sounds as if it was.
2) Are they offering a very good and/or very quick profit on the shares? If you have not been involved before they will probably suggest a small investment to start to demonstrate how great they are at making a quick profit for you. They will then suggest you roll this 'profit' in to a larger investment, with, of course, additional investment.
3) Do they want you to make a quick decision with very limited information?
4) Do they want you to send the money offshore?

If the answer to any of these is 'yes' I'd say don't do it.
Unless they already have a history, which most don't because they are constantly setting up under different names, a lot of these companies don't show on the radar of the Authorities and, under the pressure put on you by the 'broker' you end up making your decision before you can find information on them because you want to believe there is a quick return. That's what they rely on.
The company I lost all my money to was Linsure Holdings, apparently listed on Nasdaq
but actually a scam and the authorities in the USA not only didn't have any way of identifying the scam companies, they also did nothing about it when I gave them all of the details.

Droyston 1 - 21/1/2009 - re Swiss Management Consulting, Everest 1 Inc and many others....

AND that is also very good advice too from Droyston 1 BUT as mentioned previously the numbr
of hits on this , if to be judged by the number of posts and responses , are not getting to a wide
audience. So in a way we are just talking to ourselves ! It might be a good idea to make contact with
an 'investors association' and understand there are a few in the UK. Unless we are organised
and can seek support for complaints. Also to lobby the legislature to deal severly with 'scammers'.
There is something seriously wrong when money can be 'LAUNDERED' and the perpetrators cannot
account for it - and the Regulators , or authorities cannot locate it !. Also you will see on various
scam/fraud websites that there is such variance in the punishment . ...............
British subject operating from Spain involved in Laundering USD $87m gets 3.5 years Jail
Florida - Father & daughter $90m expected to get 60 years Jail
Former Chairman of NY Stock Exchange - a ponzi of circa USD $ 50billion
expected to get 30 years Jail ! Little comfort to the VICTIMS.
Has the judiciary gone mad ?

Last edited:
Gold

This thread does a very good job and stopping a lot of people lose money to the boiler room scum.

It's well up in Google and so anyone that types in a name has a good chance of stopping by here.

The trouble is with informing an 'Investors Association' is that is there one? And if there is has anyone heard from it? And would a potential mark bother to check beforehand?

The only way to stop them is from proper government action but this is not going to happen in the UK. It has though in the US which is why the scammers hardly ever contact US citizens as they know if they do there's a good chance that the full power of the US government coming after them AND gettting them.

I've always said that the scammers are laughing, getting pissed, snorting coke with hookers etc at the UK government and Police. Sure, they catch one every now and then but then they get stupid sentences, 3 years, out in 1.5 is a joke.

Surely now though with the current economic mess the whole population must have woken up to the fact that YOU CANNOT TRUST ANYONE THESE DAYS WITH MONEY UNLESS THEY FIRST EARN TRUST WITH YOU.

And that counts just as much for a boiler room as it does to Natwest or Barclays who are generally only going to be too happy to (legally) stuff you up.

HI, I AM NOT REALLY FAMILIAR WITH THIS THREAD, SO EXCUSE ME IF THIS HAS COME UP ALREADY MILLION TIMES....

Is anyone here following sucessfull pump and dump scemes that these boiler rooms go?? I have experience from couple and they make sometimes super good shorting opportunities. Signs for cooling are often quite clear and the stock itself is often pure crap which will blow out sooner or later. One problem ofcourse is to find these stocks to borrow....!

Cheers,

J