Boiler Room Scams

Universal Taxation Strategies

This is a New Name the scammers are now using, at least I got to hear about it a couple of days ago ;

Universal Taxation Strategies
Umeda Sky
1-1 Oyodanaka Kita-ku
Osaka-shi 531-6023
Osaka, Japan
Tel.No + 81 6 4560 4972

Olivia Baker
Legal Compliance
[email protected]

With Offices (!) in Italy
Palazzo Eni
Passeggiata del Giappone
00144 Roma RM, Italy
[email protected]

Universal Taxation Strategies connects to Carlton Church a notorious Boiler Room Scammers that has been around for some years now.

I only hope you looked into this forum BEFORE you parted with your hard earned money !

What do they say and why is this a scam?

See here for their pitch: https://www.investmenthoax.com/ - they operate exactly like these companies do. A very convincing senior portfolio manager called me out of the blue this morning from a +85 (Hong Kong) number. He had a british accent and spent an hour trying to get me signed up as one of their clients so they can make me a 50% gain in 3 months by investing in CRON. Midway Management apparently has averaged gains of over 45% a year for all their clients for years. He claims they have information not publicly known, and that since they are in Hong Kong that the gains would be tax free. And that they are, of course, a 100% legal, well established company. His script was nearly identical to ones that I have heard a few times already from other 'Senior Portfolio Managers' from other HK companies that randomly called my cell phone to get me to bite.

I got a response from U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), verifying that this absolutely was a scam:

Dear Mr. Steg:

Thank you for contacting the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).

Please be advised there is no registered firm or legitimate U.S. government regulator with any name matching or similar to the "US Offshore Registry Commission." In addition, Paragon GPS is not registered with the SEC. The SEC is aware of a number of fraudulent solicitations currently underway that purport to be affiliated with or sponsored by the federal government and legitimate securities regulators. Please see our recent Investor Alert: SEC Warns of Bogus Securities Regulators Soliciting Investors available at www.sec.gov/investor/alerts/ia_bogusregulators.htm and www.sec.gov/answers/impersonators.htm.

Based on the information you provided, it appears that you have been contacted by persons engaging in an “Advance Fee Fraud." This type of scam generally involves requests that investors pay a fee in advance as a condition of closing a proposed transaction (referred to as “advance fee fraud”). After the investor pays the advance fee or similar fees as directed, the investment firm may break off contact. In the end, the proposed transaction does not take place, and the investor is never paid and never recovers the fees paid in advance.

For more information on advance fee frauds and other types of scams, please see our fast answer (available at http://www.sec.gov/answers/advancefeefraud.htm) and investor alert (available at https://investor.gov/additional-res...updated-investor-alert-be-lookout-advance-fee).

An additional source of information about firms or entities that claim to be, but are not, registered with the SEC is the SEC’s Public Alert: Unregistered Soliciting Entities (PAUSE) webpage at http://www.sec.gov/investor/oiepauselist.htm. The PAUSE list includes entities that have been the subject of investor complaints and for which SEC staff has determined that (i) there is no U.S. registered securities firm with this name, or (ii) there is a U.S. registered securities firm with the same (or a similar) name, but solicitations appear to have been made by persons who are not affiliated with the U.S. registered securities firm.

Sincerely,

Nina Smallwood-Johnson
Attorney
Office of Investor Education and Advocacy
U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
(800) 732-0330
http://www.sec.gov
www.investor.gov
www.twitter.com/SEC_Investor_Ed

File Attachment:
Correspondent Name: Mr. Steg
Create Date: 2018-08-30 09:49:02
Origin: Web
File #: HO::~00680575~::HO
Description:
Is the US Offshore Registry Commission a valid entity representing the US goverment? I have been approached by someone pretending to verify my distressed shares in Paragon GPS using this entity with recommendation from Nasdaq. Contact info: US Offshore Registry Commission [email protected] +1-646-741-5159 90 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10016 Link to website: http://usoreg.org/ According to icann the name registration is only a few weeks old: https://whois.icann.org/en/lookup?name=usoreg.org
ref:_00D30JxQy._500t0BiRJMAA3:ref
Hi,

This is my first post, so thanks for reading / any help in advance!

My grand father is currently under a scam attempt by grandlink, similar to the above , references to NASDAQ shares and US Offshore Registry Commission.

They have picked up on some shares he had circa 20 years ago for a company that went into trouble. The angle is that they are now worth somthing. Whilst the current dialgue is that he doesn't need to pay any cash/ commision payments up front. I'm sure this changes as the transaction date approaches.

We haven't 'shown our hand' yet and wondered if we shoud
1)cease all dialogue, or
2) look to engage some form of regulator / police to interpose into the process?

Discusting how these people take advantage of those more vunerable.

appreciate any advice on the above.

many thanks

Hi,

This is my first post, so thanks for reading / any help in advance!

My grand father is currently under a scam attempt by grandlink, similar to the above , references to NASDAQ shares and US Offshore Registry Commission.

They have picked up on some shares he had circa 20 years ago for a company that went into trouble. The angle is that they are now worth somthing. Whilst the current dialgue is that he doesn't need to pay any cash/ commision payments up front. I'm sure this changes as the transaction date approaches.

We haven't 'shown our hand' yet and wondered if we shoud
1)cease all dialogue, or
2) look to engage some form of regulator / police to interpose into the process?

Discusting how these people take advantage of those more vunerable.

appreciate any advice on the above.

many thanks

Hi Mckenzies2019,
I read the SEC letter to Mr Steg !
The Paragon GPS fraud is an old one, it goes back about 8 or 9 years ago. Eventually the Company, YES it was a registered company in the US but no longer at the time of the SEC writing, it was bought by another conman from the East Coast who I believe is currently is spending holidays on the courtesy of the US Government and yes, courtesy of the SEC.
But be serious, if you need help come out straight and tell what has happened to you. If you were approached with one in a life time opportunity by somebody you had never heard before, yes, you have been conned – money gone. I have had enough with ; it happened to my grandfather, or it was my ex-boyfriend, or it was a good friend of my neighbour or such rubbish like this.
If you would like help I would need name and address and documents.
Best
blackwatch

Hi Mckenzies2019,
I read the SEC letter to Mr Steg !
The Paragon GPS fraud is an old one, it goes back about 8 or 9 years ago. Eventually the Company, YES it was a registered company in the US but no longer at the time of the SEC writing, it was bought by another conman from the East Coast who I believe is currently is spending holidays on the courtesy of the US Government and yes, courtesy of the SEC.
But be serious, if you need help come out straight and tell what has happened to you. If you were approached with one in a life time opportunity by somebody you had never heard before, yes, you have been conned – money gone. I have had enough with ; it happened to my grandfather, or it was my ex-boyfriend, or it was a good friend of my neighbour or such rubbish like this.
If you would like help I would need name and address and documents.
Best
blackwatch

Thanks for your message.

This situation is a different company to paragon but the company Grandlink is the one engaging. they use reference to ‘us offshore registry commission’ in documents , so all things considered will assume this is also a scam attempt.

I’m not particularly interested in bullshit myself mate, This situation is actually happening to my grandfather. I went around for lunch and looked at the paper work he had.

I won’t be sharing any personal information, however My question was simply if anyone knew if we should be engaging with any authorities to try and shut these scammers down or if we simply refrain from engaging any further.

Thanks

Thanks for your message.

This situation is a different company to paragon but the company Grandlink is the one engaging. they use reference to ‘us offshore registry commission’ in documents , so all things considered will assume this is also a scam attempt.

I’m not particularly interested in bullshit myself mate, This situation is actually happening to my grandfather. I went around for lunch and looked at the paper work he had.

I won’t be sharing any personal information, however My question was simply if anyone knew if we should be engaging with any authorities to try and shut these scammers down or if we simply refrain from engaging any further.

Thanks
Since there is no real data available i can only advise to report the matter to the Police and pay NO more money.
You guessed right ; IT IS A SCAM

Gday ,

My father is an investor. He has been recieving calls from thompson mergers in japan. Are australians allowed to buy american stoxk in japan? Something similar happened before. But i also found this

Www.thompsonmergers.com
Hi Shaneshane,
Before I can answer your question let us find out ; who is Thompson Mergers, do they have a registered company in Japan or anywhere else in the world ?
Has your father contacted them or some person from Thompson Mergers called him out of the blue ?
I have looked at their website and to me it looks like another version of a Boiler Room.
You can respond in this forum or contact me directly at [email protected]

Hi Shaneshane,
Before I can answer your question let us find out ; who is Thompson Mergers, do they have a registered company in Japan or anywhere else in the world ?
Has your father contacted them or some person from Thompson Mergers called him out of the blue ?
I have looked at their website and to me it looks like another version of a Boiler Room.
You can respond in this forum or contact me directly at [email protected]

Agreed. The Anglo names on the Team page look very dubious apart from the Thompson twins. Rothschild, Epstein, Morgan........ they should have included Buffet as well.

Hi guys, I've invested with mindwaymanagement.com. They sound very professional and promised tax-free profits. Company registered in HK, but now I have read some feedbacks that they are a scam. Are there any possibilities I can get my money back? Where should I apply to take them down?

Hi guys, I've invested with mindwaymanagement.com. They sound very professional and promised tax-free profits. Company registered in HK, but now I have read some feedbacks that they are a scam. Are there any possibilities I can get my money back? Where should I apply to take them down?

I assume that you mean midway management as in the outfit mentioned in post #4414 of April 10th. There are some possibly useful links earlier in the thread somewhere.

Gday ,

My father is an investor. He has been recieving calls from thompson mergers in japan. Are australians allowed to buy american stoxk in japan? Something similar happened before. But i also found this

Www.thompsonmergers.com
Aussies are hit because they are gamblers. I worked for Kensington Group in early 2000's and we pulled over 70 Million USD out of Australia with a fake pig sh*t product called the Biolock from a fake company called International Global Waste Management to be listed on the NASDAQ.
Now I spend my time trying to help people so they don't get scammed.
I always search the tel. number. This will tell you a lot. If it is a Regis virtual office or what. The info immediately returns as a scam.

Stay away from this one.

I assume that you mean midway management as in the outfit mentioned in post #4414 of April 10th. There are some possibly useful links earlier in the thread somewhere.
You can try calling the bank you TT'ed your funds to. They usually move the money right after you send it.
Tel them you suspect a Boiler Room scam and request your money. Others have gotten theirs back.
Nex time, Google all their info. Tel & Fax #, address, company name and stock or product name you are asked to invest in.
Or, just hang up!

You can try calling the bank you TT'ed your funds to. They usually move the money right after you send it.
Tel them you suspect a Boiler Room scam and request your money. Others have gotten theirs back.
Nex time, Google all their info. Tel & Fax #, address, company name and stock or product name you are asked to invest in.
Or, just hang up!
thanks for hint man. That's the thing, the info about stock they provide is very proffessional, their address in hongkong looks like legit, company registered in hongkong, emails also, their website domain is registered in 2010. This is very high level scam..

Fraud bank used in stealing my wifes money:

BENEFICIARY: HERMAN MELVILLE LTD

ADDRESS: 34 Buckingham Palace Road, Westminster, London, SW1W 0RH, UK
BANK: Barclays Bank Plc
BANK ADDRESS: Leicester, LE87 2BB, UK SORT CODE: 20-45-45 SWIFT CODE: BUKBGB22 ACCOUNT NO: 56552955 IBAN NO: GB16 BUKB 2045 4556 5529 55