Boiler Room Scams

• Welcome to the newest version of Trade2Win! We're running on the latest version of, what we consider to be, the best forum software available today. Our aim was to keep things as familiar as possible but focus on improving speed, security and usability. We hope you like the result! Please post your questions, comments, suggestions and feedback in the What's New and Feedback Thread - Sharky.

Pat494

Mar 27, 2004
There are plenty of crooks about.
Only this morning I was getting some money out of the ATM. After some time the card finally appeared but nothing else. I waited and waited - nothing. I had just stepped back to say the machine might not be working when out pops the money - £30. A young man grabs it and runs ! Aaaaaaaaaaaah
On checking with the bank - no money was taken Phew !
The guy must have been in a hurry.

Sep 17, 2017
Seagate Financial

I'm just wondering if Mark Gallinsky is back in Manila.

I WAS CONTACTED BY ANOTHER USER AND INFORMED THAT THINGS HAVE CHANGED AND MY INFO WAS VERY OUTDATED.
It's been several years since I was in the Philippines.
I was ripped off by Westhill Consultants 3 years ago and now by Seagate Financial over Eurocap Shares
Total Loss approx 10.000 Euro
I wonder if these 2 are somehow connected or linked

Jan 2, 2015
I was ripped off by Westhill Consultants 3 years ago and now by Seagate Financial over Eurocap Shares
Seagate is a known follow up scam, you can assume that its the same crooks behind it.

Pat494

Mar 27, 2004
They even stole the name of a reputable company !
:(

Apr 30, 2017
Rutherford-Franklin-Standard-F-Wentworth

Hi there,

there are indications that the follow-up-scheme to StandardF, Wentwortworth etc.
will be Rutherford Franklin.

Their Homepage is here:
https://www.rutherfordfranklin.com/index.html

Completely other issue:

Regarding wealthrecovery: There is a rather young female, TV based lawyer behind it. This can be easily shown as her homepage and the wealthrecovery share the same servers and there are no other pages on these. Regardless of any potential ethical issues and there are quite of few, what I would ask myself, is if I have just been scammed by persons using only fake identities, fake offices, call-centers, VoIP-technology etc. to make it as hard as possible to be traced, then how trustworthy can I find an entity using exactly the same technologies and strategies?

According to one newspaper article from last summer they are also named as defendants in a huge lawsuit brought by binary options companies against them, but the accuracy of this information has never been checked.

best hb1

Oct 18, 2017
Hi all,

this is my first post (registered today to post a warning about this lot of crooks) and it's another scam that I unfortunately fell victim to a couple of weeks ago.

This outfit use the website http://chesterfieldintlpartners.com/practice.html

They cold called me and they had knowledge of shares I hold in a specific company. The story was that they were mounting a hostile takeover of this company and were buying out the small shareholders like myself.

They obviously read the register of shareholders which, I have learned, is available as a public document in Ireland where I live.

The story followed the usual style - about which I'm now enlightened..... "Do not discuss this conversation with anyone" The process must be carried out with great speed & urgency" and so on.

These are the contact details they emailed me:

Administration Department
Chesterfield International Partners
Tel: 1 914 294 3839
Fax: 1 914 462 3739
Email: info@chesterfieldintlpartners.com

Hopefully others will read this and exercise extreme caution if contacted by phone or email.

whistler_man

Apr 10, 2012

Hi all,

this is my first post (registered today to post a warning about this lot of crooks) and it's another scam that I unfortunately fell victim to a couple of weeks ago.

They cold called me and they had knowledge of shares I hold in a specific company. The story was that they were mounting a hostile takeover of this company and were buying out the small shareholders like myself.

They obviously read the register of shareholders which, I have learned, is available as a public document in Ireland where I live.

The story followed the usual style - about which I'm now enlightened..... "Do not discuss this conversation with anyone" The process must be carried out with great speed & urgency" and so on.

Hopefully others will read this and exercise extreme caution if contacted by phone or email.
Good job! This is a scam that requires you to pay to "un restrict" your shares. I assume they are REG S 122 restricted shares?
If not, they will probably want you to invest in other equally worthless shares so you will be sending them more money in any case.

Further proof it's a scam.
Google is a powerful tool.

Description for 146 East 39th Street
146 East 39th Street is a Building located in the Murray Hill neighborhood in Manhattan, NY. 146 East 39th Street was built in 1900 and has 5 stories and 16 units.
It's an apartment building.

North American Numbering Plan Area 914, Exchange 294, Thousand Block 3 Information Page

http://www.scamnumbers.info/shownanpexchangef2/914-294-3-8/

Oct 18, 2017
I have been extremely fortunate

Hi all,

Further to my recent falling victim to "Chesterfield Partners", I have had some very welcome good fortune.

When I fell victim to the initial scam and sent money via bank transfer, after a few days, I was phoned by the scammers to say they had not received the money. They were very plausible and asked me to scan and email them a copy of the money transfer document.

When they received it, they phoned me to say they had made a mistake with the number of the bank account I was originally instructed to wire the money to. They emailed a new account number to me and asked me to re-send the money and that the original amount would eventually be returned to my bank account as the 'incorrect' account number they originally provided, was an error on their part and no account in fact existed.

I was then 100% aware it was a scam and refused to repeat the wire transfer and they became irate and reminded me that I had signed a legally binding agreement.

I had resigned myself to the loss of my £5,100 and decided to put it behind me, when three weeks ago, I checked my account online, and discovered that my £5,100 has been credited to my bank account, minus about £100 which I assume was for the bank fees, currency fluctuations etc.

I consider myself to be extremely lucky and I'm now a far more savvy person after my experience. Valuable lesson learned.

whistler_man

Apr 10, 2012
account credited

Further to my recent falling victim to "Chesterfield Partners", I have had some very welcome good fortune.

When I fell victim to the initial scam and sent money via bank transfer, after a few days, I was phoned by the scammers to say they had not received the money. They were very plausible and asked me to scan and email them a copy of the money transfer document.

When they received it, they phoned me to say they had made a mistake with the number of the bank account I was originally instructed to wire the money to. They emailed a new account number to me and asked me to re-send the money and that the original amount would eventually be returned to my bank account as the 'incorrect' account number they originally provided, was an error on their part and no account in fact existed.

I was then 100% aware it was a scam and refused to repeat the wire transfer and they became irate and reminded me that I had signed a legally binding agreement.

I had resigned myself to the loss of my £5,100 and decided to put it behind me, when three weeks ago, I checked my account online, and discovered that my £5,100 has been credited to my bank account, minus about £100 which I assume was for the bank fees, currency fluctuations etc.

I consider myself to be extremely lucky and I'm now a far more savvy person after my experience. Valuable lesson learned.
John_North,
More than likely the bank was informed that this is a scam by another "investor" and returned your money. The scam company wanted you to re send the funds to another bank before you realized it was a scam too.

Glad it worked out for you.
Just hang up n future calls because these guys are like a turd that won't flush and will not give up trying to scam you as long as you are on the phone.

Upon Googling the tel. #

UK financial regulator Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has issued its latest warning against an unregulated financial services provider targeting UK consumers.

The FCA’s latest warning is against the firm Chesterfield International Partners.

Chesterfield International Partners is not authorised by the FCA but has been targeting people in the UK and is also carrying on regulated activities which require authorisation:

Address: 146 E 39th Street, New York, NY 10016, United States
Tel: + 1 914 294 3839, + 1 914 462 3739
Email: info@chesterfieldintlpartners.com, info@chesterfieldpartners.com

To see the official FCA warning, click here. https://www.fca.org.uk/news/warnings/chesterfield-international-partners

Last edited:

Difo

Dec 13, 2017
This is the first time im posting here.

I was initially called by an American guy named Charles (forgot the last name) from Sanderson Consultants from Korea. He ask me if I'm interested in investing on Apple's stock. I said I'm not interested. Then he said what about Netflix, and I replied I'll think about it.

Next day, another guy named Jordan Foster explained to me why investing Netflix is a good idea. To be honest, the way he explains is very convincing. We've been contacting for a week already, and I did tried to search on Sanderson Consultants, but zero bad news about it (actually, zero news about it.). I trusted the guy and I said I'm in for US$5000 worth of share.

Then another guy from legal department named Steven Hughes ask me for verbal authorization about buying the share, and sent me an email with account application, trade authorization, and W-8BEN fies attached. I've signed all of them He sent me another email with Banking Detail attached, and said he'll guide me through transaction so there won't be any mistake.

Account Name: EUREKA CONSULTING LTD

Bank Name: Banco Espirito Santo S.A.
Sucursal financeira exterior
Av. Arriaga 42, 1B
Funchal,
Portugal

Account Number: PT50 0007 0903 0009 5302 0010 6

Swift Code (BIC): BESCPTPLOSF

Payment details: For Account Reference

Then I looked up EUREKA CONSULTING LTD and found out it is not a trust worthy company, and found this forum and this post. Luckily, I haven't sent any money to this bank account yet, due to account protection from my bank.
I've read some posts and believe that I am more likely to be in one of those scams. I have not confront them yet, and I need you guys to help me.

I did signed those legal documents already (with my passport number). I saw earlier post that they will use that to threat me, but they have no rights to accuse me and there is nothing to worry about. He is telling me has to do the transaction today, or there will be penalty. Please teach me what should I do next, and what should I do in the future, if they use those documents to threat me.

Thank you all for posting those information. They are all helpful, and most important is avoiding me from sending money away for nothing.

Here is contact information of Sanderson Consultants

Address: Level 41 Gangnam Finance Center 152 Teheran-Ro, Seoul, 66236, Korea.

Phone: +8222083245

Email address
Jordan Foster: jordan_foster@sanderson-email.com
Steven Hughes: steven_hughes@sanderson-email.com

Pat494

Mar 27, 2004
This is the first time im posting here.

I was initially called by an American guy named Charles (forgot the last name) from Sanderson Consultants from Korea. He ask me if I'm interested in investing on Apple's stock. I said I'm not interested. Then he said what about Netflix, and I replied I'll think about it.

Next day, another guy named Jordan Foster explained to me why investing Netflix is a good idea. To be honest, the way he explains is very convincing. We've been contacting for a week already, and I did tried to search on Sanderson Consultants, but zero bad news about it (actually, zero news about it.). I trusted the guy and I said I'm in for US$5000 worth of share.

Then another guy from legal department named Steven Hughes ask me for verbal authorization about buying the share, and sent me an email with account application, trade authorization, and W-8BEN fies attached. I've signed all of them He sent me another email with Banking Detail attached, and said he'll guide me through transaction so there won't be any mistake.

Account Name: EUREKA CONSULTING LTD

Bank Name: Banco Espirito Santo S.A.
Sucursal financeira exterior
Av. Arriaga 42, 1B
Funchal,
Portugal

Account Number: PT50 0007 0903 0009 5302 0010 6

Swift Code (BIC): BESCPTPLOSF

Payment details: For Account Reference

Then I looked up EUREKA CONSULTING LTD and found out it is not a trust worthy company, and found this forum and this post. Luckily, I haven't sent any money to this bank account yet, due to account protection from my bank.
I've read some posts and believe that I am more likely to be in one of those scams. I have not confront them yet, and I need you guys to help me.

I did signed those legal documents already (with my passport number). I saw earlier post that they will use that to threat me, but they have no rights to accuse me and there is nothing to worry about. He is telling me has to do the transaction today, or there will be penalty. Please teach me what should I do next, and what should I do in the future, if they use those documents to threat me.

Thank you all for posting those information. They are all helpful, and most important is avoiding me from sending money away for nothing.

Here is contact information of Sanderson Consultants

Address: Level 41 Gangnam Finance Center 152 Teheran-Ro, Seoul, 66236, Korea.

Phone: +8222083245

Email address
Jordan Foster: jordan_foster@sanderson-email.com
Steven Hughes: steven_hughes@sanderson-email.com
You could get legal advice, go to the police or just put it down as an expensive lesson learnt the hard way.

Difo

Dec 13, 2017
You could get legal advice, go to the police or just put it down as an expensive lesson learnt the hard way.
I haven't pay them yet. but they are waiting for my payment. I'm just afraid that they will use those "legal documents" against me. I just don't know what to do next.

Pat494

Mar 27, 2004
I haven't pay them yet. but they are waiting for my payment. I'm just afraid that they will use those "legal documents" against me. I just don't know what to do next.
Just wait. It may blow over.
If they contact you mention you have put the matter in the hands of the police. It may scare them off if your police force is respected. Don't send any money. They are unlikely to take you to Court.

whistler_man

Apr 10, 2012
Identifying a scam company

You could get legal advice, go to the police or just put it down as an expensive lesson learn the hard way.
You are right to not send any money. It is a scam, Boiler Room.
The fact that they have a Seoul, Korea address is because it is highly unlikely any of the people they try to scam will ever visit Korea. A Tokyo, Hong Kong, Singapore office address will probably get some visitors as they are popular business destinations. Then people will find out that it is a virtual office.

Google is great but they employ people who can bury the negative results down a few pages so you will not see them on a search unless you look further. You will see their website, press releases etc on the initial search.

1) Level 41 Gangnam Finance Center 152 Teheran-Ro, Seoul, 66236, Korea.
The Executive Centre, Serviced Offices, Seoul, South Korea
You will find no one there but an answering service and message forwarder.

2) Website: https://sanderson-consultants.com/
https://www.scamadviser.com/is-sanderson-consultants.com-a-fake-site.html

3) Banco Espirito Santo S.A.
This bank has a history of Money Laundering
Swiss froze millions linked to Banco Espirito Santo
https://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/busine...lions-linked-to-banco-espirito-santo/43078432

It's a good thing that you published the banking info. Others who have sent money there can contact the bank, if they do it quickly, and report a Boiler Room Investment scam and possibly get there money back. It has happened before.

Should they call and threaten you with legal action, just ask the person if he works for David Gallinsky (Manila) or Paul Hilton (Bangkok, Manila, Kuala Lumpor) or is it another Boiler Room operator and see what he says.
Those two culprits are still active and use these tactics.

This site Andrew-Drummond.com used to report on Boiler Rooms in Thailand but was threatened and had to leave Thailand for fear of being murdered.

read: http://www.andrew-drummond.com/2015/02/thailands-boiler-room-operations-part-1.html

I'm glad to help should you need any of these matters investigated.